What's a good, well-rounded laptop for university that doesn't have an autistic design...

What's a good, well-rounded laptop for university that doesn't have an autistic design? My laptop turns 10 this year and I don't see myself practically using it for much longer. My budget is in the $700-900 range. I don't play video games but I do occasionally edit photos and videos. I don't really care about which OS it runs, either.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Crucial-MX300-275GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B01IAGSD5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484534017&sr=8-1&keywords=275gb ssd)
walmart.com/c/kp/hp-elitebooks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You answered your own question with your picture

>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site

That is the laptop I'm using, user. I need proprietary software to use specific college applications and they don't have a linux option. The most up-to-date web browser is Firefox and they're deprecating that at the end of this year.

New MacBook.

Xiaomi 13in

>$700-900 range
You can get the base model XPS 13, which is way better than that MacBook, though the 4gb of memory may be an annoyance for video editing.

Used Toughbook
Used Dell Precision
Anything else is objectively pure anti American communism.

get a macbook air
windows still has long way to go and if you want a decent windows laptop prepare to pay more.

Or a Thinkpad.
Or (some) elitebooks

Does it have to be brand new? You can pickup 2013 or maybe even 2014 MacBook pro for that much.

This

XPS-13

2011-2015 MacBook Pro, or hackintosh a Thinkpad (T420 works great). Be sure to leave 100-120 dollars for an SSD because Mac OS Sierra is slow on an HDD.

I have a 2011 MBP 13 inch. 10GB of RAM and a 275GB SSD. I use this SSD (amazon.com/Crucial-MX300-275GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B01IAGSD5O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484534017&sr=8-1&keywords=275gb ssd) and it's great.

Need a new laptop for university too. Is this actually decent?

Fuck that due

What's a good laptop thats like a chromebook but has some memory for PDFs and isnt slow as shit?

I used my uncles eeebook and while it is very cute and compact it is horribly slow

also considering tablets but would prefer not to go down that route if possible

if by non autistic you mean "not a thinkpad" then an elitebook is a good idea.

walmart.com/c/kp/hp-elitebooks

I got a secondhand HP Elitebook 8470 for
$50, just put El Capitan on it 3 days ago and its working wonderfully, 8gb of RAM and a 250 SSD, wodnerfull machine.

Any used Macbook Air/Pro or just a used Macbook.

Don't buy Chinkpads and other Chink/Taiwanese garbage (like ANUS on MSI for example).

Used...

>macshit
>any year

I bought a refurbished Surface Bro 3 for $379. Equipped with an i5 4300u, 8gbs RAM, 256gb SSD storage. Have to buy the keyboard separate, but there are third party keyboards for around $60.

Wow look at you, you got cucked on eBay congrats

All Apple stuff is dramatically overpriced when you buy it used. Hell, you retards even say it's a feature because it "holds its value."

>MUH POINTLESS SPECS
some things like UI and time not wasted on bullshit cannot be easily quantified in a fucking spec sheet.

been looking into that.

Where did you buy it? Amazon?