Anybody wanna help me out here?

Anybody wanna help me out here?

i bought a corsair hx850 PSU a couple of years ago and it recently started making noise whenever the fan comes on. So i went online to see if i could RMA it and i need a receipt which i dont have.

anybody happen to have a receipt for this exact model i could use? or at least know of a way to get around this?

Other urls found in this thread:

techrepublic.com/article/quiet-noisy-computer-fans-with-a-drop-of-oil/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i have one.

$50 best i can do.

Just replace the fan.

It's easy.

might as well buy a new one

i dont have any solder kit

replace the fucking PSU you dingus

yeah, no shit, im just trying not to spend money unless i have to.

stop being poor
psus are cheap af famalam

a good 850W psu is $100 or more

>not keeping your receipts in an organized fashion

This guy has a point

Anything over 100~ dollars and put the receipts in a folder

its like 3 or 4 years old. even if i kept it, it would probably have faded by now

are you implying that is expensive?

I have receipts from 20 years ago

Store em well, and they don't fade.

im in college. im taking 4 classes, i only work Fridays and every other Saturday. i can easily afford a new psu since i have money saved up, but i dont like spending money unless i have to... unless its for food.

bump

Just clean it and lube up the motors damn

>it recently started making noise whenever the fan comes on
See techrepublic.com/article/quiet-noisy-computer-fans-with-a-drop-of-oil/

were talking about my psu not my girlfriend

ill try that.

>bought a corsair PSU

found your problem duge

whatre some good PSU manufacturers?

>started making noise whenever the fan comes on
Simply replace the fan.

get a cheap solder kit for like $15 from radio shack. Put in a replacement fan. Call it a day.

Either that or buy a new PSU. Because I don't think you're going to get far trying to RMA your current PSU with someone else's receipt.

Also invest into a scanner. Or even an all in one printer/scanner/fax combo. I scan all my important documents and make digital backups. Never know when you're going to need documents like those until surprise! Your need to RMA your PSU and don't have your receipt.

Where did you purchase it from? Did you use a credit card or link it to a store account? If the answer to either of those is yes, that store can look up your receipt.

This. Even if you don't have the email or access to a bank statement an Etailer should have some sort of record. You may have to jump through hoops to secure it, but it's your best option.

But like others have said, an RMA on a 4 year old product may be a futile endeavor.

I also don't advise attempting to repair the unit itself. desoldering a couple wires and soldering in some new ones is not a monumental task, but the caps in these things can store a nasty charge.

Furthermore, should you ultimately need to purchase a new supply, I don't suggest the HX series. They're not especially well regarded for their price point and a seasonic or superflower will easily serve you much better.

HTML edit something on Amazon and print it out.
If you want to, I can. Should be sufficient enough.

>forgery
lmao