youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE
richg42.blogspot.mx/2017/01/the-faster-zombies-blog-post.html
gamingonlinux.com/articles/steamvr-support-for-linux-looks-like-its-getting-close.8909
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is pasta but relevant to the topic:
Not him but the no games argument is not true anymore. Windows is the best os for gaming mostly due to most game developers are trained into developing for it with microsoft's closed APIs, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for windows to any other platform will affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the marketshare is small compared to windows there's hardly an incentive at the moment to optimize for linux, making look as if the platform were worse for games than windows when in fact to flip the situation you'll need to change the idiosyncrasies on the industry itself.

The fact though is that the situation on linux is not nearly the same than two years ago and now those who prefer linux over windows now can play games on it, helping to break the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for linux to compete in the gaming side. I anyone wants for this to change i recommend to play the games you can on linux when possible and ask for linux ports.

I notice some people doesn't want's for this to happen but if that the case let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the current situation? because i consider that keeping the statu quo just to have a tool to win an argument on what OS is better is not a meaningful thing. how having less options and practically being locked to MS products benefits you?

Some links:
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE

You're a manchild

>he doesn't know you can play DOOM 2016 on Linux

Hopefully it never gets good, keep the 12 year olds who don't give a shit about anything but their games on Windows.

>m-m-anchild
>f-f-u-ck games, amirite?
>am i fitting in yet?

and its easy as fuck to pirate on linux too fucking lel

Why did you make your thread here? Video games discussion belong to

I cannot play Tux Racer on Win7.

This plays on the idea that only children play video games -- which is dated. The median age for the gamer is 30~ years old.

I understand that you are a shill and that you were hoping to cause a fight but I must ask: why waste your time shilling on an Indonesian cigarette collecting social network? Surely there are better targets, right?

Many games have been ported to Linux. It's not just "tuxracer" or things of that ilk. The entire Borderlands franchise is ported to Linux. Civilization V is on Linux. You can play Skyrim on Linux. But ultimately: if a game doesn't work on Linux, the burden is not on the developers of the platform but instead on the game developers.

On an unrelated note: thank you for not posting an anime picture.

>He called me a manchild for playing games at the age of 25

Last time I tried to use Linux seriously, I downloaded a driver rpm for my ATi GPU. After running it, I fired up Tux Racer and got only 2 fps and horrible stutter. Spent a good day googling for solutions and asking for help on Linux forums, only told to fuck off and google it, just like all of the other forum posts I found did.

It really showed me that people don't want Linux to be successful as a desktop environment, they want it to be a restrictive secret club that they can use so they can act elitist and boost their self-esteem.

It's now 2017 and Linux is still horrible as a desktop environment and there still isn't any benefit to using it. I guess the Linux nerds got what they wanted, but nobody cares besides the circlejerk.

so whats your high score on tux racer, friends?

Video games are for children.

suck my fucking dick you fucking retard

360 quick scopped fgt wooooo XDXDXDDDD

We already had this thread.

Edgy as fuck

nice try, you cant do any of those things in tux racer

>OP desperately trying to hide his age

why wont they suck my fuckin dick....

>Dem titties!

>2007
>mum works at some community centre for after school shit
>i go with her most of the time (there's tons of shit to do)
>90% of the time this stage kind of area is open with this big row of computers
>all running 98 with no networking
>live ethernet but i cant figure out how to install the nic drivers
>1 of the computers has a bunch of shitware games i've never heard of
>supertux and tux racer end up being fun so i play these for hours at a time
>eventually i get a laptop from school so i just move one of the computers and use the ethernet to play runescape
>never played supertux since

OP, you are so cute. Just post your feet now like the sissy little faggot you are.

You know OP is underage, right?

>It really showed me that people don't want Linux to be successful as a desktop environment, they want it to be a restrictive secret club that they can use so they can act elitist and boost their self-esteem.
self induced inferiority complex detected. If you like linux that much but you don't feel worthy of it why don't you make an effort instead of attacking the people you envy?

Linux works fine for server and router software, but I don't really like it at all, just wanted to see what all the fuss was about at the time.

>"Linux is a desktop environment"
>I'm totally not butthurt that other people are able to install Linux properly unlike me
>NOT butthurt at all
>Linux sux :D
Did Linux hurt your feeling, user?

see

Yeah totally not butthurt at all
LMAO

Ok, but why do you have so strong feelings about tastes? what is the need to attack people you don't even know? do you see this as a tribal "us vs them" thing?

>the only reason linux is finally becoming a viable game platform is because of a game giant's ill-informed decision to make their own "console"

I was young so I was intrigued by the 'FOSS is life' philosophy. I wasn't mad about discovering it was a sham, it was more enlightening than anything.

I'm not attacking anyone, I'm just stating what I discovered. It's not so much about taste as it is about usability.

The fact is that putting all your eggs in one basket is already a bad idea but putting all your eggs in a basket controlled by a competitor is suicidal in the long term. On top of that putting all your eggs in a basket controlled by a competitor with a huge record on using anti-competitive practices and being well known for taking advantage on their dominant position to lock their users is... i don't know.

Microsoft's monopoly only benefits microsoft, not even their proudly self proclaimed "master race". The only thing they get by wanting linux "to lose" is giving microsoft even more leeway to push whatever they want on them without fear of backlash.

The people from valve worked for microsoft, they know perfectly how MS rolls and if they don't make any move to take away the control from that one entity and instead push for open technologies they can be threatened at any point easily.

Their strategy worked and there's no reason to stop now. By using open technologies they don't need to start from scratch and they're not working alone anymore. Valve could bet a huge amount of money to push their own console or OS but convince developers to support you is hard and it would be extremely risky. Their movement was intelligent, they don't need to put a lot of money and they still get what they want with minimal risk. You can pay developers to get exclusives, but influencing the industry slowly in a definitive way is better IMO.

It worked fine BTW, and they don't plan to stop now:
richg42.blogspot.mx/2017/01/the-faster-zombies-blog-post.html
gamingonlinux.com/articles/steamvr-support-for-linux-looks-like-its-getting-close.8909

>I'm not attacking anyone
If you're the same user as then you cannot just negate it this way.

I'm merely stating facts, look inwards if the truth upsets you.

Well-put.

Wish I were smart like you.

>Linux is shit cause I can't use it for my sophisticated hobbies
>Everyone look at me!

Literally the greatest game of all time

>The current state of Linux "gaming"
That's wrong though, pic related, is linux native.

2017 and people still think you can't game with Linux

I love the Linux has no gaymes meme. Emulators have enabled thousands of games to be played on Linux and recently it's been gaining native support.

The last game I tried playing on Linux natively was the metro redux series. (2033 and Last Light). For whatever reason, the game would prompt me at screens to hit a button as if I were using a controller, but then flash back and forth between prompting for keyboard input, back to controller.

Then after the cut scene was over, my guy just starts shooting on his own until I'm completely out of ammo and I can't stop him.

So yea na I'll stick to windows for gaming.

>cum sock

>not even a towel

Not only that, but the games run worse than on Windows. No thank you.

proper ports run better, shitty ports run worse
such is life

Fuck I wish I could be a man child. Just chill and smoke and play games all day. That shit would be rad. Too bad I'm the oldest son so I'm expected off. So I gotta be successful or else be casted out my family like a leper.