>2017
>nvidia still cant remove this
Nvidia shilling department will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

gtx970settlement.com/LandingReg.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wonder where the ayymd overhead comes from?

is there any advantage to removing it?

Is there any advantage to having it is the right question. Crossfire has better scaling so the answer is no. Nvidia doesn't bother because it means they can sell you a $70 bridge for 1-2fps.

that's because the PCIe bus is already loaded up with quality video processing, amd only uses 10% of PCIe bus so they can afford to crossfire over the wasted data

was there before they removed bridges.
they claim it's to reduce some stuttering by having a faster, dedicated interface.

I dont get what you are trying to say?

The bridge is old 3DFX Technology that nVidia aquired

why did nvidia want 3dfx anyway?

their daisy chain technology

Refund when?

gtx970settlement.com/LandingReg.aspx

never

This desu

>$70 bridge
Don't pretty much all nvidia graphics cards come with one in the box?

>SLI bridge capable of 1GB/s
>PCIe x16 3.0 capable of 16GB/s

>tfw they finally ship out the refunds
>I'll have moved out of my apartment two years earlier

Actual question: have we actually even seen if DX12 removes the need to mirror data across cards' VRAM? If so then that becomes a very major selling point. If not it barely matters because the cards aren't sending all that much data back and forth to each other anyway outside of "I'm done" signals.

>what is latency

I always thought it was neat seeing two GPUs bridged, I was kind of upset when I heard CrossFire was dropping the bridge.

Don't forget the rights to the Glide API that allowed Voodoo to dominate even when they had inferior hardware as well as access to their patents and product research.
There's a conspiracy that they essentially took a chip Voodoo was in the middle of working on and reworked into their own design.

It's just a theory though... A GAME THEORY

He's saying that Nvidia sucks because you don't need a bridge for CrossFire.

so wait.

is sli just a farce? what games actually make good use of it?

Battlefield 4?

Isnt the purpose of that bridge to communicate between the cards for sync purposes?

Look at AotS for the depressing answer.
That game made its name with the crazy versatile benchmark and the released version lacks multi gpu completely.

In fact no low level api game to date, dx12 amd vulkan both, shows positive multi gpu scaling. It doesn't mean it's impossible but nvidia's exclusion of sli support below the 1070 shows they have little interest in persuing the technology.

okay so only battlefield 4....that's not a good stat

The bridge was initially to give the PCIe bus more bandwidth, now with PCIe 3.0 it has more bandwidth than any card can really saturate so the bridge isn't really necessary, which is why AMD uses the PCIe bus instead of a bridge now.

GTA V isn't bad either

I don't play any other AAA titles so I wouldn't know

Usually is the mobo capable of doing SLI that comes with the cable.

They both do.

So basically my friend who bought a 970 and a mobo capable of doing sli, should have 2 cables?

4 way bridge $10.

Yes.

Now here is the real kicker. Nvidia has triple and quad sli on their cards, but to use that you need the 70$ bridge. Its an "enhanced gaming " type deal. People will pay for this, so I don't even blame nvidia.

So the bridge which comes with every SLI capable card is more of a hardware on switch then, yes?