Alienware 15-R3 : i7 6th Gen - 6700HQ, 16GB Ram, Dedicated 3GB Nvidia GTX 970M, HDD 1TB + 128GB SSD, DVD/RW, 15...

Alienware 15-R3 : i7 6th Gen - 6700HQ, 16GB Ram, Dedicated 3GB Nvidia GTX 970M, HDD 1TB + 128GB SSD, DVD/RW, 15.6" IPS WLED Display

XPS 15 Ultrabook: i7 6th Gen -6700HQ, 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Ram, Dedicated 2GB Nvidia GTX 970M, 512GB SSD, No Optical Drive, 15.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) Infinity Touch Display

Which one would you go for?

Forgot to mention price is not a factor.

the XPS 15.

>XPS 15 Ultrabook: i7 6th Gen -6700HQ, 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Ram, Dedicated 2GB Nvidia GTX 970M, 512GB SSD, No Optical Drive, 15.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) Infinity Touch Display
This if it weren't for the fact that they don't have a glossy screen option

What's your reasoning?

Macbook pro :^)

>inb4 pajeet itoddler poster

It's a thinner and lighter laptop with great build quality. I had an Alienware 14 and it had so many issues that I couldn't suggest it to anyone. Also, the XPS is all-SSD. Not to say that SSD + HDD isn't fine, but it's nice to have everything on solid media - it's fast as fuck.

However, the Alienware has more upgradability, but it's not like the GPU is MXM (replaceable) or you'll really need more RAM - by the time you do, the laptop will probably be out of date anyways

definitely the XPS Ultrabook imo.

The Alienware is massive, hard to transport and looks like shit.
If you want a laptop it should be as transportable as possible, else you can just buy a desktop.

I would say that the compromises in performance and disk, space are out weight by the superior transportability. (the XPS weighs half of the Alienware and is a lot smaller in every regard)

Unless you really, really need to play games on highest settings or you need a lot of disk space and you can absolutely not take an external drive with you the XPS is the better choice imo.

the Developer edition XPS because I'm not some gaymen cuck retard like you.

Go for desktop you get 3x performance for the money.

Fair enough, I was leaning more towards the XPS due to the same reasons, was trying to get another perspective.

Wow easy there edge lord, try not to accidentally cut yourself.

Sadly not an option, I move from country to country way too often for a desktop.

The 15 has a 1050 in it now too.

I'm pretty sure the XPS 15 doesn't have the 970m as an option.

xps 15 has 960m not 970

If price is not a factor why are you getting shitty 970m?

Yeah, the only one available to me is the 970 sadly.

It does.

Nope, it also has a 970.

Price difference between those 2 laptops not price factor in general.

I say that XPS looks nice.
I have to upgrade my y510p but I want something that will handle Adobe CC and recent videogames.
Keep me from buying a Razer Blade Pro. ..

old one has a 960m, new one has a 1050 which is on-par with a 970m

show me the 970m model.....

The XPS because it doesn't look fucking retarded

This

Link it faggot

Neither: something that doesn't have last generation GPUs.

This

Xps for sure, you wont regret

>XPS 15 Ultrabook: i7 6th Gen -6700HQ,

Wait for Kaby Lake refresh.

you mean pascal refresh?

No, the CPU refresh. It can do 4K HEVC HDR hardware decoding. The specified one cannot.

you also dont have to carry the alienware and its brick sized power suply

>implying the 4k display is worth the shitty scaling and crippled battery life
anything higher than 1080p on a 15" display makes no sense. Not enough room to utilize the higher resolution when doing actual work let alone games.

It most likely doesn't exist because it doesn't exist.

The 1050 ti is on par with a 970m, the non ti 1050 is equivalent to a 965m.

>alienware
>xps

you may has well have asked us to compare a kia with a bentley faggot

Fuck you, each has its uses.

pajeet itoddler poster

This.

If I were forced to pick between this shit, obviously XPS. Much better screen and storage, also probably weights half as much.

What do people love about Macbooks?
I might consider the pro but the Surface Book seems really nice too.

If we compare rMBP to SurfaceBook (which is by far the best Windows laptop, unless performance is your main priority) the benefits would be macOS, godly trackpad, slightly better built quality (the hinge is meh-tier) also of course size and weight. Also slightly longer battery life with the new Macbooks. If you're opposed to macOS, might as well grab SurfaceBook tho.

Alienware is basically a huge brick aimed at gaymers and XPS is an average laptop window dressing as "premium".

Nigga, please 1080p is nothing even on a 12" screen, 4K on 15" might be overkill with current scaling but anything lower than 1600p is pretty embarrassing.