You can buy a mac, you can buy a pc. Why can't you buy from a store a computer that has Linux pre-installed ?

You can buy a mac, you can buy a pc. Why can't you buy from a store a computer that has Linux pre-installed ?

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntushop.be/index.php/en/
dell.com/learn/us/en/555/campaigns/xps-linux-laptop?c=us&l=en&s=biz
gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#PC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who cares linux

macbooks come with OSX by default because fapple produces both hardware and software and microdork has contracts with hardware manufacturers

linux sucks

Buy you can
ubuntushop.be/index.php/en/

You can. But just doing a fresh install could be better, manufacturers like to inject botnet into things

You can in Europe

Because normies love familiarity, do you not recall that many returned or sold on the Xandros Eee 701 netbooks upon their release because they didn't have Windows?

You can if you look for it. You'll have to order online since most tech illiterates will get pissed off because they assume PCs always come with windows.

I usually go with system76. Some people have hot opinions about them, but I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

Because demand

XPS 13
P
S

PC IS Linux computer, you writing about WC: windows computer.

dell.com/learn/us/en/555/campaigns/xps-linux-laptop?c=us&l=en&s=biz

Protip: a mac is a PC.

system 76
also >mac >pc

gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#PC

Linux is completely free and open-source which means if machines came with a Linux distro pre-installed, it would probably come with added bloat and spyware courtesy of the manufacturers, much like what already happens to Android devices. Therefore it would be in your better interest to wipe the drive and install your Linux distro of choice from the upstream website. So nothing changes.

>buy laptop without OS installed
>save few $$$
>install GNU/Linux distro on it
>no manufacturer's botnet

>It's OK to use the abbreviation “PC” to refer to a certain kind of computer hardware, but please don't use it with the implication that the computer is running Microsoft Windows. If you install GNU/Linux on the same computer, it is still a PC.
>The term “WC” has been suggested for a computer running Windows.

WC means toilet in German.

If I remember correctly, HP and Dell ship some models with Linux

Same in most Eastern European countries. I think it's the abbreviation of Water Closet, maybe?

Linux laptops are actually more expensive.

Same in UK it is short for water closet here for certain

Because the manufacturer has to provide support for it.

Also finding someone to work for them or training someone that cares about Linux would be not worth it.