What's the most disrespected piece of technology on a modern PC? I'd say it's still the keyboards...

What's the most disrespected piece of technology on a modern PC? I'd say it's still the keyboards. Most fags still buy them without caring if they are shit or not.

PSU
Most people I know will literally buy the cheapest possible PSU that provides just enough power for whatever system

Gotta go with this one OP, but I see where you come from with keyboard.

Sure, PSU is a close second, but since I've read about it once in a while I'd say keyboard.

I might agree on this one.
Why cheap out on the thing that could fry all your parts for good?

>I'd say it's still the keyboards

Psu outdoes it by a large margin

Your mom

Not really. You will read about PSUs being important once in a while. That the keyboard can be shit is almost a unheard of.

Even worse than the PSU is the UPS, because it's not even technically part of the PC, but also important if you want to avoid corrupt arrays and data loss if your power goes out.

if you thing today's cheap keyboards are shit you obviously never tried cheap spring based membrane keyboards from the late 90s. Most rubber domes are literally ok and last years anyway, i had my logitech for 10 years but the plastic stabilizing the space broke so i had to use num0 and eventually buy a new keyboard.

Shit keyboards will just be shit to use
Shit PSUs will ruin your entire build

You having read one article about a PSU being important is irrelevant

It's perfectly safe with a surge protector.

>rubber domes are literally ok

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

no

I read about them way too much compared to keyboards. e.g. If you read something on overclock.net they almost always mention the PSU thing but almost never keyboards (even if they do have a keyboard subforum).

Sure if you never read any specialized PC building websites you may never hear it but if you do that you may not even get a proper CPU or something else too basic.

>mechanical keyboards
>shitton of wikis in every possible language from this galaxy quadrant explaining switches, obscure old models and where to get them

>good power supply
>literally no info, half the market is rebranded rebrands of chinese knockoffs, something decent is either stupidly expensive and has corsair logo or stupidly cheap and assembled from recycled capacitors

there are very good review sites about them fag

Depends on the demographic. Most normies, I'd say speakers, with monitor & keyboard/mouse a close second.

Next time you visit your grandma, listen to her speakers, and look at how horrid the monitor is ... both in colors and in dust/dirt. Ever watch your dad try to wipe the dust & cum off the screen using a dry kleenex or paper towel? Or, never clean it and there are dried specs of snot & food on it from sneezing and talking while eating at the computer?

Let us not EVEN get into spending $70 on a 19" screen with built-in 1 watt speakers.

As others pointed out, if you want to talk about Sup Forumstards that belong on Sup Forums or Sup Forums or Sup Forums, I'll agree that skimping on the PSU is pretty high on the list. They'll drop $150 on a gaymeme case with kewele t3h aw3s0m3 LEDz and budget $30 for a 500 watt PSU that's not even certified bronze, then show up in a build thread and ask about running dual 1080 TIs in SLI and OCing an i7 7900k to 5.5 GHz.

Unless you get a power outage while writing to disk, then just a surge protector is worth shit.

Name some.

>They'll drop $150 on a gaymeme case with kewele t3h aw3s0m3 LEDz and budget $30 for a 500 watt PSU

They do that with the CPU too.
Buy all this fancy new shit even if they already have half the stuff in their current rig and then stick a mid-tier AMD CPU in the thing.
Of course then they come on here shilling for their shitty CPU choice, scouring the web for arbitrary stats to try and justify their decision.

>mfw americans discussing power outages

Never happens where I live :^)

name a better technology available in keyboards for < $20.

>overclock.net

The thing is we enthusiasts know how important a psu is. Normies otoh, which are the large majority, may wait in lines to get the latest l33t gaymur keyboard, even if they don't know why it costs so much, but they don't give 2 shits about the psu.

I use the first keyboard and mouse I found at best buy. They are literally everything I've ever wanted in a keyboard/mouse

I would say for a consumer / gaymer it doesn't really matter that much

as long as you aren't getting one that is actually illegal (not UL listed) from the back alley black market in Bangkok it probably won't fuck you over

they are OK for everyday tasks, mechanicalfag

FANS

FUCKING FANS

GODDAMN FUCKING FANS.

Everybody's life would be better without fans. No dust blowing evil devices, no need for particular form factors or arrangements, no limit on embedding, no noise, no meters and meters of cables, simpler motherboards, etc.... fuck fans.

displays, CPUs and speakers

people usually buy the cheapest monitor they can afford or buy shitty tn panels because MUH RESPONSE TIMES

people buy cheap CPUs thinking its just fine for gaming until you get a game that is very CPU intensive and the game becomes unplayable since maxing out a cpu creates massive stuttering unlike maxing out a gpu

and speakers? don't get me started. even audio in general on the pc. people buy shitty Logitech speakers and think they sound good, the response you usually get from these cunts when you tell them how terrible their speakers are is "sounds just fine to me ;)"