I study computer engineering, just wrapped up my third semester...

I study computer engineering, just wrapped up my third semester. What skill could I learn that would help me freelance & make money on the side, relevant to my field? You know, before graduating.

Other urls found in this thread:

ankiweb.net/shared/info/2003820603
ankiweb.net/shared/info/1823894976
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Did you just firing your third year or semester?

Finish*

It says in OP, you illiterate imbecile.

you could learn how to apply for internships, you dumbass

Aside from that?

honestly Sup Forums is probably the worst place on earth to ask for career advice, my guess is maybe 20 percent of this site is employed and most of them through McJobs program

> It says in OP
U wot m8?

>just wrapped up my third semester.
>semester

here you go

Well, us sheltered college dudes could really use some advice from people who've managed to pick themselves up on their own. Any advice I'll receive here on Sup Forums will be more valuable than the herd mentality of college students who'll likely get a heart condition from not finding a job 2 days out of graduation. Also, I'm one of the poorest people in college and as far as I know, Sup Forums isn't made of rich boys.

I asked a similar question four years ago and was banned for having a doggo as the OP picture.

Well, doesn't that put you in a good place to answer my question provided your four years experience?

> Freelance

The only thing I can think of would be BI frontend stuff.

Learn how to set up Tableau, QlikView or similar.

You need to know how RDBMSes work, so little to no webdev hipsters shitting on your efforts.

You also need to know what local business use. If one of them are using one of the cheap three (Tableau, PowerBI, QlikView), you can get your foot in the door to help them out with things.

The good ol' days when Sup Forums had decent moderation

>What skill could I learn that would help me freelance & make money on the side
Mandarin.

>not cantonese

>learning dying languages

Explain. Are you suggesting that he work as a translator?

What, are you mad? The translator market is fully saturated, user. Problem is, most if not all translators are Chinese native speakers and the resulting "engrish" manuals are incomprehensible. If you don't know Mandarin, you won't be able to read most hardware documentation out there.

Why did the mods abandon us?

Is japmoot doesn't care about technology?

OP here, that's actually an amazing idea I haven't considered. Thanks user.

Where would you go looking for work like this? Got any sites, English or Mandarin, to recommend?

Bump.

They both just care about money

Hiroshima especially.

See the movie "Midnight Cowboy" for ideas.

apply for internships and suck your university's career center's dick.

Don't be autistic and you'll get an internship.

Do at least 3 before you graduate, grow out of your autism and employers will suck your dick.

For simplified (mainland china): ankiweb.net/shared/info/2003820603
Traditional (Taiwan, Hong Kong):
ankiweb.net/shared/info/1823894976

There are a variety of expat communities online that you can tap into to get jobs, advice, and other stuff, however, the field is getting more and more saturated and competitive each year. I think now most jobs require english degrees or whatnot, although I might be wrong.

However, is 100% right. The attitude of "chabuduo" is very prevalent everywhere in asia.