>got this

How did I do Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/cyberpowerpc-laptop-with-geforce-gtx-1060-is-on-sale-for-877/
slickdeals
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gaymen laptop

excellent

Post the link. Laptops like this go for 1500 all day.

Nice specs but good luck not having screaming fans and inefficient cooling after 1 year

pcgamer.com/cyberpowerpc-laptop-with-geforce-gtx-1060-is-on-sale-for-877/

Ordered it last night just before midnight, the sale seems to have expired right at midnight

problem with this post is you excluded make and model. this matters very very much. laptops aren't lists of specs. build quality and design matter very very very very very very much when you have all those components squeezed together

it's probably an Acer or something shitty, look forward to your "i broke my laptop" post in half a year

>you shouldn't use computers to keep yourself entertained

>buying a terrible compromise

Anyone know what's the cheapest 4K/uhd laptop is right now?

(12" is too gay)

How bad is the battery drain of 4k screens supposed to be?

Cheapest I could find

slickdeals

net/f/9570240-dell-inspiron-15-sig-ed-laptop-i7-6700hq-4k-8gb-ddr3-1tb-sshd-749-free-shipping?src=SiteSearchV2Algo1

>Gen2

I don't see how it's a bad compromise, I got what I wanted under my maximum budget

Because it's a compromise between a laptop and desktop. Bad battery, heavy, large, noisy with worse, non upgrade able performance than a desktop.

In the market for a new laptop for doing work (programming, photo editing) on the go, but it's really tough finding something that was released within the last year that has:

>13" to 14" 1080p display
>matte screen (IPS preferably)
>good battery life

And the last, most difficult feature to find:
>Comfortable, deep key travel

The search has been rough. I realize used thinkpads hit most marks, but their specs are aging and I'm getting less comfortable with the idea of buying used hardware. The closest match to what I've been looking for, I think, might be dell's enterprise stuff.

Is the Latitude 14 7000 series any good? I noticed touch options on some of them, and that probably means the screens are reflective or glossy -- I'd like to avoid that.

So in general, what are some good and reliable laptop brands? I've owned two basic Toshiba laptops in the past 4 years and both ended up having fucked track pads not even a year in. I'm wondering if anons had better luck with other brands.

Speaking personally, I've owned a $650 asus laptop for the past 4 years and it hasn't done me any wrong apart from the screen resolution. Dell's newest mid-high end stuff has gotten praise from my friends, although only the ones that own an XPS 13 (haven't seen any other dells out and about).

Apparently the ultrabook lines from acer and HP are also alright, but you're paying the premium for them so it'd be a massive disappointment if they sucked. Avoid any hardware branded with "gaming", because aside from gaudy aesthetics and weight, their quality control is not as good (looking at you, MSI) and they tend to heat up to unreasonable temperatures. Making a gaming laptop last beyond 2 or 3 years takes some care.

I never had a problem with Dell's laptops, I even took one with me to Iraq and it still works to this day

>pcgamer.com/cyberpowerpc-laptop-with-geforce-gtx-1060-is-on-sale-for-877/
looks like it comes with no os
good thing you browse Sup Forums and know how to do something simple like install an os

dell is masterrace

other brands are generally sucky

Only 240 GB on a gaming laptop 4 games and that thing is full. Buy a caddy and a 1tb hdd

except gentoo isn't an OS

Sup Forums - laptop shopping

Dell

Dell Latitudes are the good shit

E6440 and E6540 are god level and very cheap now ($200 - $300)
>super easy to service and take apart
>replacing wear items like trackpad and keyboard is cake easy
>very high upgrade ceiling
>low power use
>nice aesthetics
I use E6440 for school and get like 10hrs of moderate usage with the 9cell battery and an SSD. Would recommend.

You're the kinda wimpy ass kid who struggles with even the slightest basic lifting and bitches about all of life's little problems.

>"I have to justify my horrid buying decisions"
Kill yourself

no laptops are heavy
all laptops have bad battery
no laptops are loud
large is not a bad thing, and it has a 15 inch monitor, things fucking small to begin with

upgradeable? you have a half point here, but considering the next 'upgrade' intel is giving you is going to require a new motherboard, cpu is out, ram likely can be upgraded but is there a point to more than 16gb on a laptop? Has a 1060 with 6gb, that's going to push 60hz 1080p for a good number of years on games that aren't shit, ssd can likely be replaced if not an entire second one being put in for more mass storage.

only thing you can say bad is battery life, but all laptops have shit battery life, they are not meant for 100% on the go use, they are meant for 'i need to take my computer from point a to point b' and plug it in when you get there.

seeing that the laptop's with a 1060 running 100% load last for about 60 minutes off battery and 100% brightness, you are not going to be worrying about getting from point a to b and losing power.

you aren't gaming at 4k, and just running a display is lightweight as it gets, so the backlight will take more power then the display itself.

Delet dis

>no laptops are loud

haha

just looked up some gaming laptops... does talking above a whisper hurt your ears?

Look, laptops don't have good speakers, if you are using the speakers, you are either in a pinch or retarded, get some iems or headphones, problem solved, this shit is not loud.

are you being serious?

Dell Latitude, Lenovo Thinkpad T/X1

If you want a "gaming" laptop just pick whatever with gtx 1060

>All laptops have a bad battery

7 hours on my Thinkpad :^)

Because you could get a desktop that played games better for cheaper, and with the remainder you could get a cheap laptop. But do whatever you want, enjoy carrying around a 6lb laptop to browse facebook.