/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of fucking March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Xiaomi Mi 6 to come in three versions, two different chipsets
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_6_to_come_in_three_versions_with_three_different_chipsets-news-22774.php

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Dimensions and Model Numbers Leaked
phonearena.com/news/Alleged-dimensions-of-the-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-and-Samsung-S8-Plus-leak_id90041

(Rumor) Google Pixel 2 Renders Leaked
gizmochina.com/2017/01/16/google-pixel-2-renders-leaked/

Lenovo P2 unboxing & hands on review: Moto G4 killer?
youtube.com/watch?v=YBrEWYQbFjw

Other urls found in this thread:

verizonwireless.com
bestbuy.com/site/motorola-refurbished-moto-g-4th-generation-4g-lte-with-16gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/5490200.p?skuId=5490200
bestbuy.com/site/misc/visa-checkout/pcmcat748300659335.c?id=pcmcat748300659335&ref=199&loc=Es5Ekr9eEBk&acampID=1&siteID=Es5Ekr9eEBk-NYaK7m09Olm5IjL5VEFJ7A
gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_3_ultra_zu680kl-8130.php
lmgtfy.com/?q=htc 10 wifi issues
youtu.be/x2-AikyR2Dg
support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/xperia-companion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is the zuk z2 still the best value SD820 phone?

Asking because my sister needs a new phone.

When is the Nougat update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 on T-Mobile releasing in the United States?

I'm so close to selling this piece of shit and buying a Google Pixel. I swear to God. Took months for them to get their shit together. Said it would be released in March, but Google Pixel forced them to push it out faster. Now, I'm hearing that it's being halted.

What the fuck is going on? Yesterday, T-Mobile said the current version is Nougat and it's ready to go, but now it says Marshmallow is the current version. Guess they have to TouchJizz it up before it's ready to release.

Do not buy this shit phone. It's not worth it. Get a Pixel.

I bought a zenfone max for about 160 dollars, flashed cm 13 on it
Did I fuck up or not , I'm enjoying the fuck out of it but this is like my first smartphone

Are there any cheap chinkphones at all with decent front-firing stereo speakers?

What does she do on her phone to need a SD820?

What the fuck is the Lenovo P2 a Pajeet only exclusive or what?

Are there any current Verizon phones (i.e. phones purchasable on verizonwireless.com ) that have a working version of Cyanogenmod or some other half-decent community ROM?

I'm eligible for an upgrade but I don't want to get stuck with a locked-down device again.

>$0.01 has been deposited into your Google+ Shill® account, Rajeesh

it only recently came in pajeetland its been out since november or something in italy and all other europoor nations

I'm not getting 4G/LTE on my new phone even though it has all bands that my carrier uses. How should I troubleshoot this?

What phone and carrier?
check the APN settings.

I'm thinking of getting a Huawei Mediapad X2. That thing looks like a beast on paper. Do any of you Sup Forumsuys have any experience with this phone? Suggestions for something else at that size or close? US user and open to any carrier

Is it still a good time to buy a Galaxy Note 5?
pls respond

No u homo. wait for GN8.

>phone
Fuck you.

what does anyone do around that does?

I'm actually curious: I've always used flagships but I don't know if my uses (browsing, messaging, listening to music, the odd youtube vid every now and then) even necessitate that

Is ZUK Z2 good or its a meme? 5'', IPS screen, no Dolby Atmos. Should i trust /spg/?

This is on sale for $99 after an addition 25 off for using visa checkout, is it a good deal?

bestbuy.com/site/motorola-refurbished-moto-g-4th-generation-4g-lte-with-16gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-black/5490200.p?skuId=5490200

n-no homo, but I am poor and in a third world country
nice dubs

see

>I'm actually curious: I've always used flagships but I don't know if my uses (browsing, messaging, listening to music, the odd youtube vid every now and then) even necessitate that

it dosent, you can do all that on a $200 phone and you would never know the difference

the difference between a $200 and a $800 is not going to be noticeable to most normies, the main difference you would probably notice is the camera quality

I started by checking to see if my SIM was 4G/LTE compatible and it is. My phone (LG V20) is dual sim so I randomly changed it from the second to the first slot and voila, 4G. I was ready to configure APN and everything.

The black bezels on it looks so ugly

> "$99"

Californian-fag here and I'm seeing $125 refurb for this on my end on GookBuy's page.

you get an extra 25 off for using visa checkout

bestbuy.com/site/misc/visa-checkout/pcmcat748300659335.c?id=pcmcat748300659335&ref=199&loc=Es5Ekr9eEBk&acampID=1&siteID=Es5Ekr9eEBk-NYaK7m09Olm5IjL5VEFJ7A

>Pay with Visa Checkout and Get $25 Off Your $100+ BestBuy.com Purchase*
Not available in store. Offer ends 1/21/17. While supplies last.

Question about frequencies: If my phone supports 2 of 3 4G frequencies from my provider, will it work?

sometimes depending on your location

>I'm eligible for an upgrade but I don't want to get stuck with a locked-down device again.

why , what do you use the ROM for?

what's the latest meme phone?

samsung galaxy

Chinkphones aren't meant for the technologically retarded, if you want to get any decent use out of the KUK Z2 you're gonna have to unlock, root and put the mokee rom on it, and you probably know how unstable roms are, one day they're working fine and the other it bootloops.

anyone know best phone verizon is offering right now thats rootable? my lg g3 is dying.

Which third world shithole? Because the note 4 is a better bang for your buck old flagship for several reasons.

>WAY cheaper
>micro SD slot
>removable battery, can swap out for a 10k mAh zerolemon one when your original one dies
>built like a tank unlike the note 5 which was fragile glass shit like the S6
>IR blaster, you can use it as a remote for tv or whatever uses infrared

If you aren't autistic about playing the latest smartphone games (who does?) this thing will easily last you 5+ years even if you drop it everywhere like the spaz you are, and if it breaks it'd be easy to find replacement parts/places to fix it.

Her last phone was a SD615 and lagged like a bitch.

>no proof of ownership
Fuck off.

So she can't use snapchat, facebook, and insta on zui?
What are you trying to say?

What's the problem?

The anti zuk posting is seriously autistic. I may as well just buy it if they can't bring up anything serious against it.
Seems really nice for the price.

I honestly don't really see the point of anyone needing (inb4 >need) a phone with something more than a SD626/653 unless you play lots of 3D games.

The only thing they're missing is perhaps LPDDR4X support.

Might pick up an A5 (2017) or C5 (2017) when it comes out this year to replace my 6S if I get sick of iOS.

>7"
>phone
Ar you Shrek?

The thing is, most normies do try flavour-of-the-month 3D game just to socialize with friends or have an excuse to vlogpost about it, look at pokermen go, that shit was horribly unoptimized even for the SD820/4GB RAM A10/3GB RAM devices of the time and EVERYONE sans for legit pokemon fans were playing it.

A flagship phone is more of an status symbol than anything, at least for normalfags.

This.

It's just slander and usually it's really obvious to notice when it's a troll.

Thinking of getting the Motorola Moto G4 on Ting. Switching from T-Mobile. Anyone have experience with this phone or with Ting?

I think most of the social status stemmed from the fact that mid-range phones from renowned manufacturers (which is what most people buy instead of chink flagships) looked and felt like total crap until recently...I mean, look at the difference between the S5 Mini and the A3 (2017), which is its spiritual successor.

I currently have a samsung galaxy s6 edge T-mobile variant. I got tired of how unstable most the roms are, and how there are no aosp roms for my version of it. Is there a phone with smiliar specs that I can buy that will work with the MetroPCS network, with decent aosp roms?

Should I get the OP3T or wait for the LG G6?

Moto g4 new, Used droid turbo 2, used s6, or used lg g4.

I'm leaning towards the moto g4 just because it's new so no older battery/potential issues.

Is the g4 plus worth the extra money though?

I'm on verizon so no chinabrands.

I'm 6'3, my wrist is 8.5 inches, and my ring size is 17.5. In a word - kinda

HEY NOW

It lacks most U.S 4G bands. how about the Zenfone 3 Ultra instead.

gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_3_ultra_zu680kl-8130.php

How does the HTC 10 stack up these days? I know everyone says to get the google pixel, but what does the pixel actually have over it?

Yes and yes.

Shitty WiFi otherwise it's fine.

Looks great dude thanks!

So the fingerprint, 2gb more ram, and faster af is worth the $100 increase?

I don't play mobile games. The fingerprint is neat but since it doesn't count as a home button that kills me inside.

How shitty?

futureproofing, the extra RAM is worth it alone.

lmgtfy.com/?q=htc 10 wifi issues

Nothing in the $280 range is better for Verizon?

$99 Moto 4

is this real?

>all these Chumps buying chinkphones when they are known walking dataloggers
Kek waiting for one of you to do bank transactions through your phone.

How shitty is the 5" Pixel? It's the only one available now. My only other choice is a OP3T, does anyone actually user Oxygen OS, or does everyone just install custom roms?

this

The Samsung Galaxy J7 is probably the best for that range. Or a OnePlus.

Thing is that's not on Verizon from what I can tell. Samsung Galaxy J3 maybe, but ehh. Pre-owned Samsung Galaxy S5 might be better.

Don't know what to tell you. I suppose the Moto G4 Plus is alright. I wouldn't go for it personally. You don't need a fingerprint reader at that low of a price, frankly. 2 GB is plenty for a phone at that price range. Doubt you'd notice any issues.

I don't think you'll find anything useful for $100 more in it. They, I believe, run on the same processor anyways. Go for the Moto G4 base model.

Before my S7, I had a Galaxy Core Prime and I loved it. For a budget phone, I couldn't complain. They were practically giving them away at one point. They're not worth shit anymore. Seemed to be replaced by the J7, which is a great value in general, but yeah. Do NOT get a Galaxy Grand Prime. It has a massive battery drain issue and is overall MUCH shittier, somehow... Even though it's supposed to be a larger screen, NFC, and all that version of the Core.

Yeah, just go with the stock Moto G4 and save up money for a better phone in the future. Unless you don't care about fancy phones then just get the Plus right now and call it a day. Although I don't know why you'd do that if you don't care about phones...

You underestimate how amazing the OnePlus is. It's extremely underrated. It's one of the best tinkering smartphones you can get. If not the best. Customize it all you want. Use Android to its fullest potential.

Pixel is a fantastic phone too, but it's the iPhone of Android. Stock Android experience and just works. Even looks like an iPhone.

Get what you think will be best for you. Pixel will heavily benefit you if you subscribe to Google's ecosystem as you get unlimited Photos storage and exclusive features. Plus, the latest updates. And it flows much better than any other Android phone out there.

Android's full potential is realized when you tinker with it. Or else you should just go with iOS. Why not take advantage of the features? Pixel can be rooted and for MOST people it should be enough, but I don't know if it's ideal. You'll lose customization, but will get a pure Android experience and it will just work. With the OnePlus, you'll be able to do anything, but will lose out on the benefits of Pixel.

>All the customization you'd ever need versus pure Android experience with exclusive benefits

If you don't use Google Drive, Photos, etc... Then the Pixel's appeal falls very quickly.

Not that user, but tell me more about what you mean by tinkering.

So, on my previous phone I would set up adblock, do some permission modifications, run some basic mods to the OS, but nothing really fancy. What level of tinkering would I get out of the one plus?

Any new good chinkphones? Been eyeing the umi Z, it seems pretty good but looks too much like an iphone for my taste.

youtu.be/x2-AikyR2Dg

Looks like a good phone

I'm also interested, what tinkering do you mean, adblock and piracy? What custom rom would you recommend with the Oneplus?

they don't "tinker" for shit they just like to bitch

are Motorolas considered chink phones?

no, not in the spirit
Motorola has been around for a long time and have had many quality products

My phone is four months old.

Two days ago, whenever it is turned on and charging it charges incredibly slowly(didn't even charge to full over 7 hours). Turned off and charging is fine.

Anyone have this problem

So someone explain the HTC 10. I see there is unlocked and various carrier versions, but what restrictions do I actually face if I get teh Verizon vs the unlocked version?

I want to be able to use this phone for business in the UK as well, but I can't find anything that tells me if the Verizon version limits the radios or just adds CDMA potential.

Are we supposed to guess what phone you have?

If you want to.

It's an Xperia Z5 Premium. I'm not expecting a solution, in just wondering if anyone has encountered an issue like that.
It seems really strange to me.

Backup+factory reset.
try a different charger.
if you bought it new take it to warranty repair. if not you're kaput.
check
support.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/xperia-companion/
too

I have AT&T and I'd like to get a new phone with a physical build similar to the Galaxy S5, preferably without the camera bump. I like the solid ediges on it and the size is perfect for my hand. I don't care for samsungs bloat, something I can root and install vanilla to easily without at&t being faggots would be nice. Not sure on my budget quiet yet, not looking to upgrade immediately but any upgrade deals would be fine since im "due" for that.

>tfw keep getting fucked by android meme phones
Fuck this, I'm getting an iPhone.

you won't regret it

Until they update the os next year and break his phone in the process.

never happens

I always hear problems with OnePlus, usually Customer Service. Is this really still a problem?

Thinking of buying a 3 or 3t.

Sure I believe you.

it really does not happen

Mouse+KB masterrace

>Mouse+KB masterrace

i don't understand what you are implying

are you saying that link is no good? because it's fine

On nougat.

How to get rid of clear all recent tasks button?
I must've pressed that three times in one day by accident.

fail

How
I just posted a screenie

what was the point of the screenie?

Poo on it

Mouse

Is it just me or chinkphones are getting more expensive? Will the price go down after the Lunar New Year?

why is your mouse giving you a redlight on that link?

it's just you

>Thank you to the user who suggested I buy this back protector for my zuk z2:
>The back is not slippery anymore, and it covers the minor scratches that I'd already made by putting it on my (wood!!!) desk.

>Minor Scratches
>Recent buy

TOPKEK.

Are you a cheese pizza connoisseur?

I want a keyboard. What is the best landscape keyboard phone available that runs android?

>has failbook installed on a Chinese datalogging device
Good

Axon 7 android 7 when?

RN3P was $122 in Dreami last time, now it's $139 in Banggood.

Zuk z2 just had a price drop though according to gizchina