/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
MORE REFERENCE gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master
IRC #ptg irc.rizon.net 6697/9999 SSL only

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers
>This is a thread for educational purposes only don't offer or ask for invites.

1st 4 giggy

first for pth getting w.cd/archive.org backup data. pooploop in ruins

1st for lynching giggyfaggot

first for pedros

I swear to god this .gif is missing 2 seconds of content.

My name is giggy and I am a plebe

and you're famous

first

What is this giggy meme?

the world's fastest /mark/ee

first for nala's rose scented farts

So famous He is a bigger retard then demon

this is fucking HUGE
pooploop staff shitters on suicide watch

Im telling 312c about you, niggeybite

he's /ptg/'s new friend and, soon-to-be, PTH brother

I'm famous I don't care about 312cuck

top kek

Nice. I'll help moving the data to APL.

Why is unpacking lots of small files bad for your drive

will xanax ever recover?

>slightly change files so they can't be cross seeded
>get cross seeded anyway

RIP

My feet is only for hdbit invites boys send them to my email
[email protected]

Redpill on what I need and need to know/have my own webui bittorrent client like on a guest public wi-fi network pls.

that's the guy who was fucking meme arrowing and arguing with mods earlier
how retarded can you get?

post yfw PTH overtakes What within a couple of months

You haven't met me girlfriend

Someone pls explain that zip file like im a retard

What is Hydra.Zone and why should I care?

>mfw

Lol, never

Is this your pet monkey?

I parted m8o

A torrent is a collection of pieces, so you changing one byte will only make them have download a single piece off you.

what the... what tracker are these from? I recognize the second one from apollo (well, xanax back then), but the other retarded posts... these people should not run a music tracker. goddammit, do I have to do everything myself?!

>700k uploads, another 1.1m confirmed to come
i just hope you set yourself up with some buffer there user

It has over 1 million files containing the metadata from what.cd (artist information, descriptions, image urls, release info, etc.) which can be reimported into the website.

lol, WHAT? you could not be more wrong

taxi to >>>/xanax/

yes her name is 312c

go fuck yourself

?

PTH will get surpassed for the next well managed music tracker that implements a good bonus system.
PTH is a shitty clone of WCD with no inovation at all, they only grew because they don't have real competition

Look, everyone, it's confused!

Rough guess...

Modern hard drive block sizes are fairly large. If you have a lot of files that are smaller than your block size then you are wasting a lot of space of each block because you can't index more than one file per block.

hey guys it's me giggy

fuck off

giggity

can't wait until your interviewer sees what a cuck you are and blows you the FUCK out

that's not niggerbyte

i like your thinking
point is, what's shutdown was ultimately just a minor inconvenience for a short while, and the music will be even more ubiquitous and available for people in the near future

get fucked sacem

SON

+-----------------------+-----------+
| Format Amount (Mb) | Ratio (%) |
| Ogg 147.37 | 0.09 |
| MP3 49484.89 | 29.17 |
| AAC 537.81 | 0.32 |
| FLAC 119470.22 | 70.43 |
| Total 169640.29 Mb |
| Speed 848.89 Mb/s |
+-----------------------+
Part of my collection, mostly techno. Working on uploading it to PTH. Just thought I'd share
The one .ogg is a Hotline Miami soundtrack

Good for you because you'll be sitting on this as single seed.

I'd fuck you with a rusty spoon if it would make all you damn people shut up on the channel. mindless chatter about politics and college money blaagh fuckwhatnot. damn pleebs.

That's fine, I had thousands of single-seed torrents on What

this guy had to wait 2 months just to get into pth and share this

proof that new PTH members were shit

>Only at PTH would someone offer the restoration of 500TB of music and be met with people complaining about how it would ruin the economy.

Like there was one to begin with

doing gods work user

>I have the content for the releases described in the above archive as well. As it clocks in at just shy of 500TB and just above a million releases, it is certainly not something I can hope to re-upload in bulk on my own. However, if you see something you want, post here and I shall resurrect it for you.

>I'm not opposed to starting a project of some sort of bulk restoration where I push a chunk of a few hundred gigs to someone over FTP or rsync who's willing to "adopt" the uploading and seeding of the content.

gamechanger

imagine if this guy joined NoS first

how do you know why and how he decided to join PTH? I think he was waiting to see which tracker was worth sharing it with.

hi Nala

>imagine if this guy joined NoS first
fuck me, you're right. but to me, it honestly sounds like the guy just simply believes in his cause. the work he's put into it is beyond my imagination.

are you people in here seriously debating which of the new music trackers is the best one, while shitting on the one you don't like? what are you, fucking 5 years old, debating who's daddy is the strongest of them all? must be a bunch of fucking zitty basement dwellers and underaged trollfags in here, if you find it worth your time to spend it with such useless discussions. the more trackers the better, the more resilient we are against takedowns. so try and get as many accounts as you can, and also stop wasting everyone's time and shitting on various trackers for what they have, are, or haven't and aren't. fuck.

he made the offer very soon after joining so that would make sense
also it's pretty bait to discuss this on a nepalese sewing forum

i dont know about you guys but I'm scraping this shit for an easy 500 uploads

What the FUCK

point taken m80

how

Put me in the screencap

t. Z

>discuss this on a nepalese sewing forum
you're right, soz

So who's asking this guy for a chunk of the WCD db?

writing a script that searches google for the exact filenames of albums not uploaded to pth

bound to find 500 pretty fast

you forget the people in here are unbelievably conceited and love to rub anything they have in the faces of people who might not have it
maybe it's the just the nature of private trackers combined with the free ability to post anonymously. neither necessitate smugness, wilful ignorance or animosity to those who aren't as familiar with the ingroups (or even those who are), but both work as catalysts for such things.
it's for these reasons that /ptg/ is unlikely to ever stop being shit.

explain

Nala said members with ids under 1000 get first dibs

Can you write a script that auto uploads 500 tb of music lol

this is not music, but metadata. learn2read please.

is there a way to make deluge keep track of my total upload and download for the session as well as all time on a seedbox

>Clearly not on PTH
>Doesn't see the title saying million plus snatches offered

god dammit, how about 2522?
do I have any chance?

cancerous society

312c is a nigger

>I have the content for the releases described in the above archive as well. As it clocks in at just shy of 500TB and just above a million releases, it is certainly not something I can hope to re-upload in bulk on my own. However, if you see something you want, post here and I shall resurrect it for you.
PUT ME IN THE SCREENCAP

what he gave was metadata, but he has all the files. he was the archivist on what.cd. he was given a ratioless account and snatched literally everything to archive it all.

learn to read

what does he even do now that what is down? probably just a loser now ha

500TB
thats like a lot of harddrives

So he has 70% of the WCD db, correct? Jesus.

>not starting your own tracker to btfo pth/apl in one day

POOLOO ON SUICIDEWATCH

SCIENTISTS SAY RECOVERY FROM GETTING ABSOLUTELY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE

125 seagates no backup

why does nostream redirect to passtheheadphones sometimes but not all the time?

who is pulling this crap

>he didnt save the commemts

>125 seagates no backup

>HDDs larger than 4TBs exist
>You have failed the PTH interview
>You have failed the Sup Forums interview

pooploop utterly and completely btfo
jesus christ, that was some brutal shit right there

>I had a ratioless account on WCD I would use to capture the best version of every unique release. (or try to, at least)

>tfw not staff friend class

Wow a guy has metadata and uploads he isn't willing to take the time to upload. How will apooloo recover?