Turok N64 source code, kext and media files found on Silicon Graphics Indy, device will be put on ebay

Turok N64 source code, kext and media files found on Silicon Graphics Indy, device will be put on ebay

youtube.com/watch?v=ONEy_ybKWsg

Other urls found in this thread:

ghostbin.com/paste/p2rxn
youtu.be/ZDxLa6P6exc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty good
Make sure it goes on github

game was underrated as fuark

Fuck off faggot

watch the vid

Cool! I love reading the comments in old source. Found this nugget in the old AVP source code:
DirectWriteD3DLine(vertex1,vertex2,colourIndex);
/*
The offset by 24 is a bodge until Microsoft work out
what the fuck's going on...
*/ /* Neal's comment, not mine... :) KJL */

>Wow! Hi Stephen Broumley here (my name is at the top of the trex.c source code shown in the video) - I coded all the bosses, cinemas, effects, and a bunch of other systems for Turok back in the day when I was a young lad! I remember that dev hardware - what a blast from the past! Thanks so much for sharing!

Where is the avp source please?

Literally google it.

Thanks, didn't realise it was out there.

such a great dude

It's a fascinating read. I don't know if you've ever played it, but of course it has the code for things that never made it into the game, like the shotgun and pistol.

Really aught to get it building on linux one day.

Definitely played it, the multiplayer was great on LAN

Gonna try building and probably post results on /vr/ since Sup Forums is shit and Sup Forums is far worse especially right now with a new console release

Not that user but I always read tcrf. I always laugh at the stuff the programmers put on the code sometimes

Not your source. Go fuck yourself.

that was gold

why doesnt the jew release the code himself?

the jew is afraid of copyright and will be selling the physical maschines on ebay

>the jew is afraid of copyright and will be selling the physical maschines on ebay

Sounds like he is more afraid of not turning a profit on his investment.

these old maschines got so many files that could cut into somebodys copyright if you really posted these files some copyright troll would come out of the woodwork and sue you for a cough audio file thats in the stack for a couple million or some shit

if that was the case he could donate, loan or sell it for nominal price. but instead he chose to be a jew and hype it up so that he can make more money auctioning it.

Yeah sure man, nice fan fic

i want to code games
where do i begin?
the leaked avp source sounds like a good idea

the game dev companys bought assets to make games and if you release them without getting the ok it gets bad fast just look at how ocarina of time got audio files for the fire temple they got them from 3rd party even in case of such a big production

make pong
escalate

Why would anyone want to buy that? Who gives a shit at this point?

Don't get me wrong I want to love Turok but the level design is simply explosively too much. You miss one key, and you have to go back through the entire thing again.

Second game was even worse because you couldn't even leave the first stage unless you completed every last objective and they were absurdly easy to miss. At least the first game gave you keys out of order so you could maybe play a stage in the mean time before going back again.

It just goes on, and on, and on, and on. Way too much, and miss one little side path and you're done.

loved having cheats on but tried to play it seriously and every time I just rage

>copyright drama isn't real

You can't fool people who've been watching it happen over and over for years.

Even if a company doesn't WANT to be that way, if they don't defend their copyrights, trademarks and patents they could be seen as abandoned and they won't be able ot defend them when it matters

Choose an engine you want to use(unity, unreal, gamemaker, etc)

If the engine focuses on a specific language, take MOOCS on that language until you're comfortable using it.

If it's language agnostic and or you don't have programming experience, take MOOCs until you're comfortable with *some* modern, non-literally-who language. Python is great because it forces you to indent properly when there is a problem you can just 'import solution.' C++ is great because it forces you to learn what's going on under the hood. Java is a big floppy wet dildo but everyone uses it.

Take tutorials for your chosen engine until competent

You probably already have good ideas for games. Do yourself a favor and never use them to practice/learn, save them for when you're competent and can actually make it good.

>Who gives a shit at this point?
Judging by the comments on the video, a few people.

Pick up a modern engine
realize that games are all memes after 2008 and go try another industry

that's an excellent post
thanks user

This

Making games for anything but fun sucks.

You can give it a break, we know he wants to sell the computers for a profit instead of giving the code away for free, why are you even trying to deny this with some fable about Acclaim coming back from the dead for what is rightfully theirs? It's pretty pathetic how desperate you are to sound knowledgeable on an anonymous forum.

Don't die yet I want to post something tangentially related.

The guy in the video says that a separate company (not Acclaim) owns the rights and is actively selling it, the Turok PC release came out in 2016 iirc and I'm sure a company like that would actually sue.

>Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.

ghostbin.com/paste/p2rxn

not acclaim, where the sound assets come from, as they likely didn't make them all in house.

Its not uncommon for things like sound assets or fonts being sued over, granted, good faith usually starts at a c&d because the files could have been uploaded to a 'free sound whatever' database and you used it by mistake. fonts on the other hand are generally 'you buy a license for everything no matter what, you don't, we sue'

Those SGI machines were so fucking cool. I wish I could have worked on them back in the day.

Seriously, look at that shit. That's the first """modern""" development experience and it is badass. A wicked GUI, good file control, a graphics library API (precursor to OpenGL), modeling and texture software, a programmable pipeline for a variety of consoles and devices, and emulated build platforms for the games themselves.

I would love to own one of these devices one day.

Man I really want to buy an SGI Indy now. They're only like $100 on the low end. That's like nothing for a priceless piece of history.

I actually beat t1 without cheats, it was an incredible and fun game. T2 was something much different. It had the wonderful guns and even improved on the attacks and animations, making a rather perfect playing game (minus framerate stutters from n64 not keeping up, this was a HUGE minus in some situations), but the level design was so incredibly harsh I just couldn't finish the game, even trying to play through it with invulnerability. It was simply too hard.

WHat DE is that

IrixOS, which was SGI's spin off of Unix from BSD. These things were made in the 90s too: very advanced stuff for the time.

programming a game is not fun anymore. there are no programming tricks, huge optimizations, wtf moments, hacks anymore. it's just gayass engines and their scripting languages. boring as shit. fucking game wastes 10gb ram, destroys cpu, headbutts the gpu

Can we still get it somewhere? I want something minimalist but not shit like LXDE. Can't wait till LXqtpi is done. Or even Budgie. We need something that lets us go back to basics. WMs are too badly configured to be interesting.

It was anything but minimalistic dude. Literally the first 3d desktop environment, as in folders and directories were rendered in 3D

youtu.be/ZDxLa6P6exc skip to 7:44

>implying the newest DOOM, the free UT engine or the (actually implying this one) upcoming source 2 engine aren't godlike

What do they offer over game engines that were capable of working smoothly on an 8800gt or HD5870?

The only game that is playable in an Xbox emulator.

Oh my shit, this is A E S T H E T I C as fuck
I want it. Now.

That's so rad.

Is this what I think it is? God fucking damn it why is IPFS so slow on my network?

>1Gb of RAM
>1280x1024
>in 1995
Holy shit, if I had been a dev I would have probably done all my PC activities in the office during the afterhours.

check out GNUStep