1080p 120+ fps > 4k -60

1080p 120+ fps > 4k -60

4k is a meme, can we all agree?

The usage of the word "meme" is beyond raped on Sup Forums. What the fuck are you even asking?

I'm with you, OP. HDR screens with perfect black are a much better investment than 4k resolutions.

Depends. I remember when I had my 290 and my freesync monitor and was playing BF4 on Ultra at 1440p. I was getting around 70 ~ 80 fps and was the smoothest shit ever. So I bought a 980ti and gsync monitor and it was still pretty choppy even though I got 120fps.

frametimes > fps

60 fps with perfectly synced frame times is pretty smooth and even more so at 120.

>The usage of the word "meme" is beyond raped on Sup Forums
I don't even know what it means anymore. Everything is apparently a meme.

For gaming? definitely.
but for tv and whatnot, the fucking oled thing LG has at 4k looks superb, even when their display had it oversaturated as fuck

Please elaborate user, I think this is a conversation worth having.

Let's be honest, 16:9 is a meme. If we're going to use meme aspect ratios though, why not opt for 1440p? Alternatively, you could upgrade to 21:9 @ 2560x1080. You don't really need a curved screen unless you opt for something over 29'', and it's even easier to drive than 1440p.

>4k is a meme
Let me ask you question is your 10k eyes is "forced meme"?

4k @120fps >1080p @120fps

>oled
any display tech other than LCD will look superb to any idiot who owns nothing but crts and lcds.

The usage of the word meme was bastardized by kids eating up corooratized Internet machines (like icanhazcheezeburger) circa 2007. The term is meaningless already.

4K for TV is straight retarded. TV comes in at 720p max and your Blurays are 1080p. Where is the 4K input you are justifying that purchase with?

Makes a huge difference but i sit like a foot away from a 65" tv so... Haven't gotten around to upgrading my monitor yet. Still at 1440p waiting for an affordable 30inch variable refresh HDR 4k on a decent panel. So might be a while.

cable is 1080i and there is 4k blu ray now. what the hell year did you come from?
Also desktops can render at 4k...

what animoo

any res. 1080p or higher at 30fps >>>>>>> anything - 60fps+

You know who says 4k is a meme?

People who don't have 4k.

Yes, 1080p@120FPS is amazing if you're a manchild who plays video games, but for most people, 4k@60FPS will be much better. Even for gaymers if you're playing something like Fallout or single player story based. The only full benefit you'd get using 120FPS is multiplayer games, especially shooters.

> TV comes in 720p max
maybe in your shit country
also better color regardless if it's upscaling content.

I would prefer 4K 60Hz over any 1080p screen.
2560x1440p 120+Hz IPS is very good.
2560x1600p 120+Hz IPS is excellent.

>4k on a screen smaller than 42"
literally retarded and useless

i've found it to be pretty unimportant even on my friends' 65" tv

when you have to get up and walk closer to double check it's not showing a point-scaled 1080p image instead, you know it's not that big of a deal

HDR/better black leves/higher framerates are more important at this point in time