Linux distro for ricing

Alright, decided to get rid off windows so I can stop playing games. Can any distro be riced like pic related, or should I just use arch? Also, anyone know a good guide for installing linux? Last time I tried I fucked up pretty bad.

install gentoo

Gentoo is also good for ricing.

But if you want a quick ricing install then get Antergos or Manjaro, since i seriously don't know how you want to rice.

You can make any distro look identical to any other.
Just install ubuntu, the installation is as easy as windows and you can choose to have an i3 session.

I've heard good things about debian, would that work and be easy to install?

is this the new desktop thread

Also forgot to mention I need good driver support, because I have to use wifi from a usb and if that's not supported then I'm screwed.

Debian's good but it doesn't support non-free drivers by default, you have to enable that.
There's a chance it wont have support for your wifi firmware during installation.

>Debian's good
lol nice joke

Most linux distros can be riced like that.
The only major difference between distros for normies is the number of packages available and the ease of installation.

Ubuntu is piss easy to install and has a lot of packages available but comes with a lot pre-installed that you don't necessarily need.

Arch is hard to install but only comes with the bare minimum for package installation and networking pretty much.
Meaning that anything you need you need to install yourself, but it does let you run things with a lot less bloat and much more choice as to how you setup your system.

Debian I think has the most packages available.

Antergos or Manjaro net edition is good if you want the choice of Arch without the pain of setting it up.
The difference between the two being that Antergos uses Arch's repositories, and Manjaro uses its own.
Both have access to the AUR.

xDDDDD

>liking futanari girls

shes cute (。>﹏

If you want good drivers support just install FreeBSD or some GUI version, as it supports Windows drivers OOTB.

That is literally just i3 + i3status with a nice custom configuration. Shell is just zsh with oh-my-zsh plugin.

You can rice literally any Linux distro like that, so forget about that for a sec and just focus on picking a distro you think you'll be able to handle and enjoy. If this is your first time on Linux and you already messed up an install then skip Arch/Gentoo and go for Xubuntu or Kubuntu.

>shes cute (。>﹏

ok, thanks for your help

>has a dick
>she
sure thing buddy

>i wanna rice
>wtf is i3
>where's my desktop
>wtf linux sucks

For Ricing? Ubuntu server install, IF you know what packages already you want to install. Else just go for a regular ubuntu.

macOS

Try lmde2. Mint based on Debian instead of Ubuntu. Stable, easy to install and use, rolling release.
Install whatever GUI you want and rice it. (DE of my choice is xfce)

Please user. You couldn't post it in /wg/
but could you upload it to imgur and provide a link

th-thanks.

wait fuck that "she" has a dick

Any distro will work.

> Also, anyone know a good guide for installing linux?
Follow the installation guide for the respective distro, probably just use a distro with an installer like Mint, Sabayon, RHEL or something.

Any Debian-based distro is shit. This includes Ubuntu and Mint. They use apt, which is a slow piece of shit. On top of that, Ubuntu and Mint are pretty buggy. So your best bet would be to use Debian, but even then that system just gives you ancient packages, and you're still using apt.

I myself think Debian has generally done okay, 'tis just too conservative for me.

> They use apt, which is a slow piece of shit.
Can't agree with that one, it's a pretty normal package manager in terms of speed.

They didn't tweak the shit out of that software, but it's not particularly slow either. Shouldn't get in the way of doing anything, really.

What would you suggest?
(Please don't say Arch)

>non en_US locale
bydlo tier

Gentoo is probably best but Arch comes in close. It's slightly harder to run gentoo so you will learn more there, I personally ran it for 2 years before I switched to Arch and it made everything a breeze. I literally installed my arch system in less than 2 hours without ever using it thanks to my beloved gentoo.

i don't care, source me my dude

Not the same user, but maybe try Sabayon?

It's superficially nothing too special, but it was one of the easiest distros to maintain on muh VM farm over the last few years.

And you can obviously go full Gentoo on it.

Really wanna discuss US vs. Germany?

>It's slightly harder to run gentoo so you will learn more there
In a longer perspective, I've had less issues with maintaining a more customized Gentoo than a slightly customized Arch over time.

Tried it a while ago. It's nice. But the most mature distribution I worked on the last year seems to be lmde2.

> the most mature distribution I worked on the last year seems to be lmde2
Never done much with that.

Also not sure how you'd rate "maturity". I guess I was mostly making a statement about what worked with all the recent stuff I want to try out or need, and whether it does so with the minimum amount of fuss on installing/updating said stuff.

Where can i find that theme?

I worry about you

I'm referring to stability, consistency, compatibility. The overall package. I use it for work on different machines - zero problems. The Debian base is stable and compatible, mint did a great GUI related job. The update manager is nearly perfect, systems configuration is intuitive and consistent.
For server i prefer opensuse. Yast is a killer argument. It gives windows admins the ability to administer a Linux server.

In my "work in progress" folder.

can you share it please senpai?

goo dot gl slash yTVcgP
You should find it here.

Yes. Debian is great. Even sid is more stable than many distros. And there's a reasonable amount of customizability.

sqt/ at which time is best to install graphics driver's during arch install?

By reasonable I mean in comparison to Gentoo. In comparison to Arch it is at least equal.

If you're not familiar with Linux, don't waste your time trying to rice. That's like sprinting before you can even crawl.

antergos my man, you can get it running in no time and after a few days of ricing and setting shit up you will get comfy around arch but without possible hassle of spending hours troubleshooting an installation.

You can install i3 on pretty much any distro.

Bunsen Labs is pretty good.

Jesus, do your eyes a favor and lower the contrast in your terminal colours

Er, what do you mean exactly.

Change the eyeburning white font to something more pleasant, hence reducing the contrast

Alright. I changed from #FFFFFF to #E0E0E0