RYZEN HYPE THREAD

RYZEN HYPE THREAD.

if you live under a rock watch this video: youtube.com/watch?v=dyyWlXQwUF8

discuss all we know and what you hope for with RYZEN

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/amd-raven-ridge-apu-vega-zen-hbm-2017/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this looks good

if they price the 8 core one above the price of the 6700k it will be dead on arrival

Stop shilling your shitty youtube channel, nigger.
There's practically no one on youtube who knows a fucking thing about CPU architecture, they're not worth listening to.

:^)

Spread the word,brother.

All those shills just repeat propaganda materials
>soo many sennzuuurs can overcuck itslf automatiticaly
>so amazung beat 4yeears old cpu in cherry picked blendeer test

>hype
>disappointment
>hype
tha ayymd cycle

raven when

i actually think it will be good

this year somewhere

wccftech.com/amd-raven-ridge-apu-vega-zen-hbm-2017/

>inb4 wccftech as source

amd ryzen pls be 399€

there will be cheap ones and expensive ones. something for everyone!

Make some noise!

will it be possible to pair ryzen with DDR3? been thinking of getting one, but i want a shitload of mem, speed is not so relevant for me.

8c16t one.

DDR4 is still the better choice.
more reliable and in many cases better speed is more important then quantity to some extent

>more reliable and in many cases better speed is more important then quantity to some extent
that depends on what you're doing.

i run simulations and have fixed minimum mem requirements. i basically only care about size.

they will be stupid if its more expensive then 400 bucks

hmmm. im pretty sure ddr3 will not be supported, because these chips are on the AM4 chipset which only supports DDR4

right, thats my answer then.

there isnt even graphics on these chips so how has this anything to do with games

As someone who's a somewhat amd fanboy, I'm afraid of all this hype.

im cautiously optimistic

The video is from a retarded gaming channel and literally adds nothing to what we know

bait

gaming channel? this is my first serious video.

Get out, cancer.

Don't play games if you want adults to take you seriously

thank you in advance

all right ):

i don't

Uhh you don't shill your youtube here newfag

>4yeears old cpu in cherry picked blendeer test
you mean brand new current gen 1200$ CPU

i wont do it anymore.

I sincerely doubt it

sour grapes

Just kidding user do what you want :)

ily :)

Dead on Arrival 2.0

Off to making Console APUs for next ten years.

thanks. ive only been lurking for the last couple a years and now thought about sharing something i made to get a discussion started. lyt

Samefagging everywhere. SAD!

Fuck you pretending to be me

why?

YOU stop pretending to be me

>costs as much as Intel
>performs 40% less than Intel
Yeah, no thanks

Samefagging and samefag

if ryzen does not release 6cores/high clock 4 it is gonna be big expensive fail.

Wait and see for yourself :^)

so this is based on nothing

Hype! 2017 is the year of AMD!

You seem to have added an extra zero in your words there.

> poo king and queen

>Being this ignorant

You are reason why AMD is shit. No matter how shit they are you still cling to their bullshit and feed them just enough so they do not go bankrupt.

but what is it based on then?

INTEL
IS
BETTER

>AM4 chipset which only supports DDR4
Chipsets have had nothing to do with RAM compatibility since core2 for intel or athlon64 for AMD. But yeah, doubt any Zen chips will support DDR3, though Bristol Ridge may support it on some laptops just to add to the confusion.

fuck off fanboy, you bring absolutely nothing of value to this discussion

While world agrees that AMD is inferior company yet you dare to call me a fanboy. I guess those milions of shareholders and customers are fanboys too compared to few thousands of AMD non fanboys.

you are a textbook fanboy son

Carrizzo was the ddr3 supporting version of the excavator chips. Bristol ridge started off the AM4 socket and the mobile equivalent of it (FP4?) which are all ddr4 only. Nothing on from now will go back to ddr3 likely, possibly some weird embedded model only.

>Popularity and commercial success are the only way to judge a company
Every company should engage in the anti competitive practices that Microsoft and Intel have. Their products are so much better thanks to the FUD they've spread.

>is inferior company

t. Ranjeet Poo

>Bristol ridge started off the AM4 socket and the mobile equivalent of it (FP4?) which are all ddr4 only.
Not entirely DDR4 only, Bristol Ridge does support DDR3 because backwards compatibility to save manufacturers money. The memory controller on Bristol Ridge is somewhat limited anyway, it won't run full speed DDR4 memory.

can we have some reasonable zen predictions?

>releases late feb
>the leaked prices ($350 for 8c/16t, $500 for black edition) are correct
>processors are good value, decent overclockers on a simple cheap platform
>zen matches or beats broadwell-e IPC wise, further iterations bring it above *lake levels as intel struggles to make any significant improvement
>but due to inferior process the 4c/8t chips can't clock nearly as high as the i7's do and thus lose
>lga 2011 prices are slashed but still significantly higher, i5 and i7 prices drop marginally
>for the most part competition goes back to the phenom/core2 days with AMD being the cheaper but viable option instead of total shit
>8c/16t ryzen is considered best in class until intel releases a mainstream equivalent chip a gen or two later

meanwhile

>microsoft, google, amazon, etc buy a buttload of naples/vega racks
>AMD fails to make a dent in the rest of the business sector and mostly makes money off of huge contracts

What are you niggers getting worried about, Zen core is about 98% confirmed to be as fast as a Broadwell one baring any disastrous TDIV or TLB-like bugs.
That's very unlikely to happen.

amd has been inferior to intel since core 2 poojeet
they had their shine with athlon xp/64 and that's it

FDIV

Learn the fucking language before shilling here, Ranjeet.

>inferior to intel since core 2
phenoms shit on core 2.
price:performance at gaymen at least.

so AMD has won?

No, you need more than a good core nowadays.
You also need plenty of money for marketing, shilling and bribes.
Money AMD won't have for a while.

if the 6c is priced below 400 i believe AMD will win

These are prices far above what 90% of the market is willing to pay.

PC market is irrelevant. All the profit is in datacenters

Datacenters don't give a shit about hardware cost but TCO.
Also Summit Ridge isn't aimed at data centers, Snowy Owl and Naples are.

>Falling for the latest ATI meme after mantle
>even falling for Mantle after Bulldozer

test

>ryzen is a codename
>mantle is an API
>bulldozer is an arcitecture

those are 3 completely different things.

were you by any chance dropped multiple times as an infant?

>he's a drumpfposter
I think we know the answer to that.

And all 3 are still ATI memes

We're YOU by any chance dropped multiple times as an infant? You thought you were so damn clever didn't you?

>drumpf

baited this EXACT response

Will the 4c/8t Be better buy than any Intel product now? Still going to wait for zen. I'M just curious about it becouse I haven't been keeping up with the rumors.

no offense but your video is shit

none taken, its my first video man. im shit at editing and have a shit mic and voice. just wanted to make something for fun. thanks for watching tho :^)

it's not the voice or the mic, it's the content or rather the lack of it

probably

>matching the 6950x

Really now

I thought this image only applied to Sup Forums but seems its now applicable to Sup Forums.

Heh, AMD copies Intel again, for shame

I don't know. Shoot the guy without the ring.

If everyone could copy Intel's core you'd have a lot more ARM custom cores around.

Also 'copying' cores hasn't been possible since the 80's

Why not have more of a good thing?

Muh Intel inside only one and 4ever no one must encroach on the Holy Ground laid by God Emperor Intel

Ryzen might be decent, but I want info on Naples (or whatever 16c/32t variants too).

not 4x128bit?

As if anyone needs those fat FPU pipes but 1% of HPC market

the 6950x has more cores, they used the 6900k which is still a current gen cpu you mongoloid.

mean to reply to

I've been in the Intel camp since my first build but I'm looking to defect to AMD. Intel has too many Jewish practices like disabling features which really puts me off.