Tfw you get outskilled at ebay sniping

tfw you get outskilled at ebay sniping

>spend hours trying to get an item for a dozen bucks less than in a normal shop

Last time I used ebay you enter the maximum you're willing to pay. Ebay then automatically increases your bid on your behalf up to that amount, thus still beating sniping software (unless the sniping software is set higher than the highest bid). Has it changed since then?

it was quite the deal

my connection was being shit so i compensated for the lag and bidded in the last 15 seconds. either that cunt was fast, or he already had a higher bid in than i did.

Was it an I5 hp laptop, fucked some cunts up earlier and got it for cheap as fuck

nope

No it's still the same, if you put a higher maximum bid then you'll always win.

Most people don't put the maximum they're willing to go to, just something higher than the current bid.

Also, a maximum bid can be abused. The seller gets a second account to bid up until it beats your maximum, then withdraws the bid and gets a third account to bid just under your maximum.

Happened to me once.

thats why I'm weary of just setting my limit and letting it go. Happened to me bidding on a note 3 years ago, got outbid, bid on another phone, won. Then won the original phone for $.70 under my max.

neveragain

It's a script you scrub

you cant beat machine OP

>tfw someone cracks your eBay account and orders $1000 worth of phones

I've learned my lesson since then

never let sites hang on to your payment info?

>then withdraws the bid
Last I checked Ebay makes you aware that you're legally bound to pay what you bid (unless you're outbid) and there is no way to withdraw your bid (that I know of). Sooo... If a seller outbids you on their own auction, they lose your bid and need to buy from them selves or hope some one else surpasses it. A few sellers might be able to get away with it once in a while but not often. This is why you look for people with very high ratings.

I never understand why people even bid on shit before the last few minutes. Like, four days out, and there's some dumbass who lets everyone know that he's in the game for it, and then some other dumbass wants to let everyone know he wants it too so he bids and drives up the price. Literally why would anyone do this? What benefit does bidding early have?

I've bid early on items where I knew that they would not get many bids. Because I'm bad at remembering these kind of things in time.

But yeah on expensive items I bid within the last 10-20 seconds

Set your max bid to the most you'd be actually happy to pay for the item and obviously below what you could get it for used from another site or a buy it now. Then just leave it alone if you lose, don't be tempted to put in a last minute higher bid. That is how you eBay.

>arly on items where I knew that they would not get many bids. Because I'm bad at remembering these kind of things in time.
This

Wtf lol oops I meant this....
>Set your max bid to the most you'd be actually happy to pay for the item and obviously below what you could get it for used from another site or a buy it now. Then just leave it alone if you lose, don't be tempted to put in a last minute higher bid. That is how you eBay.

A seller can cancel bids, so if they own both accounts, it's not a problem. Shill bidding is against the rules and will get you banned instantly if caught though.

>Ebay
Electric Jew central. Craigslist only for me. Only downside is the idiots asking to pay by check or wire transfer

>A seller can cancel bids
I forgot about that part....

>or he already had a higher bid in than i did.

Ebay lets you know if your bid isn't good enough

like i said, i had a shit connection. someone could easily have sniped in the ten seconds in which my bid was processing and outbid me.