Nostalgia Thread

Do you guys ever miss the good ol' days?

Post your fond Sup Forums memories.

Stories or pictures.

Sup Sup Forums?

Pulled Gramps Interact from the basement. I have two, but one is parts only, and I thought this one was still working when I put it away last.

Unfortuantly the LED comes on, but I'm not getting anything on the TV. I have it plugged directly into the component port on the TV, since I don't seem to have a RF modulator anywhere. I don't think that should make a difference though. I don't know.

Specs: Intel 8080, 16K RAM, integrated tape deck, and the worst Goddamn chicklet keyboard ever produced. Made in Ann Arbor Michigan roundabouts 1979 if I remember correctly.

>Do you guys ever miss the good ol' days?
you mean huge electricity bills? No, not at all

If the output was going to one of those switch boxes, it's RF and won't work on a component input

do you mean composite (cvbs)? Component (YPbPr) is the red green and blue rca plugs.

if its rf can you just plug it into the ant connector and tune to ch3/4 like an atari?

Hope that's all it is. I need to track down a RF adaptor.

Basically if it's yellow it's composite
RF connectors are usually white. And yes, it should work over the antenna port if it's RF and you have an adapter

>use CRT monitor this moment
>PC from 97 still in use
>still play on Sega Mega Drive, PSX, N64
>still use VHS
>CRT TV obviously
>not even gonna mention what's in the attic
i'm living the old days
and no pics, my phone doesn't have camera

I fucking hate those turd machines. My highschool was littered with them and they only had like 128MB of ram or maybe 256MB if you were lucky and they were all upgraded to run OSX. Holy shit that was an awful experience and the shitty puck mouses were always clogged with dirt.

Guess I'm an idiot, because I'm not sure.

It's just an RCA type connecter, and I thought I would get video in the yellow RCA port. I don't know why I thought that.

rf

Yeah, I need to see if the local Radio Shack still exists I guess.

No. Not even a bit.

US Robotics 56k modem! So fast! Getting a 2nd phone line for Internet, wowee! Paying for email, yeah I don't mind!

Nostalgia was a mistake

>not paying for email

Nigga, do we really need to start this shit again?

It was pretty common in the 90s. Often you had to get an email address from your ISP. Hotmail was one of the first free emails and it came out in 1996.

My poor grandma, she was being charged $5 a month for her original email address she got back in the 90s up until a few years back when we found out and told her.

HAHA, son of a bitch still works!

How's that for American craftsmanship?

>shit internet speeds
>expensive, visibly limited hardware that was quickly rendered obsolete by noticeable margins
>expensive, shitty software

nah, the modern era affords me the opportunity to enjoy the "gold ol' days" for pennies with limitless access to all the software and documentation I could ever need

CRT televisions are still pretty good today

>tfw have an audiophiles golden ear
>tfw hearing that lovely high-pitched whine

It's a nice sound

the machine probably has a RF modulator inside of it, which you can bypass

DEPRESSing

I don't understand who the fuck would stick OS X on those things

My first gen 233/rev A chokes enough on 9.1

Protip, VCRs have RF modulators built into them. Check your local thrift store.

That thing was my first computer (bought it for like $50 at a yard sale) and I played a fuckton of nanosaur on it

When I was in kindergarten and first grade we would have days where we would go play on the computers for a while. This was in '94-95 maybe '96 but the school still had Apple II computers, possibly just for the kids. I can't remember the names of the games we played or any details about them (besides being educational of course), but I'll always remember the look and (roughly) the sound of one of those 5 1/4" floppy drives closing or opening and beginning to run, the feel of the keys, the feel of the buttons and lights (I touched everything), and the simple pleasures of adding some numbers and getting a cartoon dinosaur or something for my efforts.

Trash worship

looks like a computer on a desk to me but whatever

>imac g3
Man I still drool over that cute little box.
I want one so fucking much... WITH 3DFX ACCELERATOR CARD.

early 2000s mac was the comfiest shit ever

I bought a powermac g4 on ebay back in 2008 and it was my own first computer that wasn't a family computer. It held up for a few years even if it was old when I got it. I remember playing lots of quake 3, listening to music, and even being able to use the oldschool youtube on it