Current state of windows.

It must have been the Russians.

>1034x714

>10/13/2015

>not posting this image

>Insider preview build 10565
>Current build is 14393
0/10 effort bait

lmao, the start menu can corrupt itself now?
Holy fuck Microsoft, what the fuck aha

Stop hiring Indians that completed programming courses in 3 weeks, they are not programmers, they are stackoverflowers.

Isn't that shit XML as well?

>Pajeets in charge of UI

What stage are we at now?

All those problems and yet it's still superior to GNU/+Linux & macOS, really makes you think, huh.

HTML

oh look, micros***t apologist made his arrival.
Have you got no shame?

It's because they can't code for shit, so cannot comprehend what any of those DLLs for the UI actually mean.

I'd be surprised if Microsoft hasn't lost their own fucking source code at this rate.
Literally copy-pasting Windows core and building on top of it.

GNU/Linux:
>can choose between many distros, most work ootb
Windows:
>Only one recent version, have to configure it for hours just for a bit "less botnet"
Really makes my brain do stuff, indeed

Their codebase started deteriorating since the release of vista

Why is this technology board only people shitting on or praising operating system???

>context menu is different on different contexts

wow!

Windows 7 with ComfyFeel™ technology does not have these problems.

Sup Forums once again showing they never leave the basement lol

It's more about how it's currently a mix between the new and old style of context menus, Windows 10 atm just doesn't feel complete

Too bad, Microsoft got so insecure it made intel and amd make CPUs that won't work with windows 7.

again, different context, different menu what's wrong with that

you think Linux UI is any better lol?

This issue was fixed on linux decades ago

It's still superior btw

time to upgrade

>Different contexts
Such low quality defence

And end up with the shittiest windows ever made?
No thanks

uhh what's your point

It just seems sloppy and unfinished is all, I don't think Linux is better.

nice meme

okay

Context menu in Linux is consistent, unlike windows

Windows 10 is by far better than Windows 7, Windows 7 can't even do something as simple as mounting an ISO or zip file without third party programs.

(:

So butthurt lol

Is that how you judge an OS?

linux is a kernel

i guess the only way to judge it is through surface level bullshit lol

Of course I judge an OS by basic functionality! It'd be weird not to.

And I can't eject my graphics card... odd......

Mounting ISO is not a part of the OS, it's just your file manager

Windows 10 - 2 different environments competing for superiority.
Who wins?
Will Ballmer make a comeback?
Will Bill Gates ride in on a unicorn and SMITE the pooless loos ruining his legacy?
FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON MICROSOFT ZEE.

Man, Zee TV was a fucking weird channel.
Fucking Indians man.

but the file manager and it's abilities is part of the os so what is ur point???

File manager is not a part of an OS. Learn what an OS means, neo-Sup Forums

ye it is...

A file manager is a software application that is bundled with the OS.
It does not need one.

but if it's bundled with the os its part of it?????????????????????DWA?DAW?DA?WD?WA?

pretty sure an OS needs a way to manage its files

What do you think an operative system is? Just a bundle of applications surrounding a kernel

That is why OS has a shell. CS 101 stuff.

did microsoft intentionally break windows 7 updates? im forced to use WSUS to get mine

right, and Explorer is the Windows shell

also OS design is usually about year 3

Nice damage control

>windows
>superior to anything
I've been a winfag for years until I tried Linux and got a Mac. They're objectively superior to windows. Windows has absolutely shit OOTB driver support and among thousand little issues is a paid OS with shitty (((editions))) and you're practicality forced to pirate it. Not to mention windows 10 is literally unusable for anyone who has a life and respects their privacy. It only has the "muh gayms" advantage, so it's a good console OS but the worst PC desktop OS.

The performance has severely degraded over the years. Official story is because of how piecemeal the system was and is the reason MS pushes monolithic updates in 10 now

A file manager and calls to operate on files are totally different.

The file manager such as Explorer is merely a UI built over the top of system calls.
A incredibly bad one, at that. Every version from Vista onwards has gotten consistently worse.

If you delete explorer, Windows still operates fine.
In fact, you can replace Explorer in its entirety with a whole separate desktop environment, such as those made in Litestep or whatever.

Explorer is not the shell. MS-DOS has a standard DOS shell, which you can access via cmd.exe

>Windows has absolutely shit OOTB driver support

nig are you for real?

He is right. Windows doesn't even have Live ISO

yes it is

>Trying THIS hard to fit in

lol who cares

You can make one.
It's fiddly, more so than most OSes, but you can make one.

>tfw want to dual boot with Xubuntu but stuck with an HP laptop with shit proprietary UEFI firmware that makes dual booting a pain in the ass

I can mount an ISO file just fine. Not only that, I can also mount NRGs, MDFs, and over 20 other image types, which the shitty built-in trash that comes with the OS can not. I can also open many more compressed archive formats than ZIP.

The garbage that MS pours in the OS is just that - dysfunctional, least-common-denominator garbage. The less shit they put in the better, since it ranges from fucking useless to actually harmful (for example, last time I checked the built-in zip support was 3x slower than a dedicated application both for compressing and extracting).

If the best features they can advertise are stuff that has been available for over 20 years, you know they're in trouble. Enjoy your sinking company, they are going to need some serious miracles to get back on their feet. Inertia will only last for so long, and they already lost mobile.

>get proven wrong
>better pull out my epik roast meme game :^)

Have you tried rEFInd or something?

Woops, I misread that entirely.
I somehow interpreted that post as speaking about Live bootable Windows.

Disregard my stupid.

What is the CPU?
If it has hardware emulation, you could VM very easily.
Although if it doesn't have an embedded graphics card or monitor output, you are shit out of luck.
Actually, the motherboard would matter as well.
I've got no experience with laptops and emulation. I gave up on them in 2005.

>muh hugbox
>muh why isn't everybody sucking stallman dick?

epik shitpost meme sir

>Dualboot
You can use windows in a virtual machine. You don't want your system have something as vulnerable as windows and any microsoft products

i5-3337U, one of those "ultra low voltage" CPUs. Gonna try VM.

Yes, they're forcing people to switch to 10 so they crippled the updates. Soon they'll start forcing "security" updates which will reduce the performance of non-10 windows and advise updates to 10 for a "better, faster and more secure OS". Just use offline updates until it becomes official that they're shitting the OS with them.

It is true.
>install windows
>has to install networking drivers manually
>has to install GPU drivers manually
>has to wait for USB drivers to be installed each time a new device is inserted
>has to install bluetooth drivers and drivers for every other piece of hardware

Obviously you can fetch them with windows update, but that doesn't change the fact that the OS is unusable without internet and that it doesn't even come with the ability to connect over ethernet.

@58532649
hahaha wintoddler gets mad

yeah man who honestly has the internet this day and age :p

>i5-3337U
You are good for hardware emulation on all fronts, it seems.
Go for it, should be fine.

Even with embedded graphics of today, you'll still have decent speeds.

More than 70% of the world have dial-up or no connection.

And these aren't little backwater hellholes nobody knows about, just rural areas literally round the corner from an average city.

Not sure what that is, but a quick search tells me it's some kind of alternative to GRUB, is that right?

Case 1:
>Install Windows 7
>Installation takes 30-45 minutes
>Reboot several times
>Gets desktop ready for first use
>Takes 10 more minutes
>Reboot
>Realize WiFI doesn't work
>Decide to download the wifi driver with my Linux machine
>Realize windows doesn't even have drivers for ext4 or anything but FAT or NTFS

Case 2:
>Decide to install windows 10
>Installation takes more than one whole hour this time
>Boot into windows 10
>Realize two finger scroll is not working
>Realize the touchpad stopped working
>Realize the start menu and search in the bottom panel does not work
>Thanks to touch screen laptop, I manage to install drivers for touchpad
>Driver installation leads me to reboot
>"Getting windows ready"
>30 minutes in
>"Getting windows ready"
>"Don't turn off your computer"
I decided to trash wincrap. It's a FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT and it doesn't belong outside VM

>Laptop has no OS
>Decide to install my favourite comfy OS
>It's Xubuntu LTS 16.04
>It has a LIVE environment so I can check if my hardware is compatible ootb
>Just works
>Touch screen just works and so does touchpad and wifi
>Install
>Browse Sup Forums during install
>Install takes 10 minutes
>Reboot
>A fully customizable, fast, responsive OS ready for me THAT JUST WORKS

I'm sorry windows is bullcrap. It doesn't have Live ISO, can NOT rank update mirrors, update takes 4-5 hours, upgrade breaks and it doesn't work, even though people pay for it.

My perception of windows is that it is still alive in desktops because of
1. computer illiterate people that does not know any other OS than windows and any other browsers than Internet Explorer
2. Availability of pirated paid software.

Android will kill windows anyways because it's easier to use. Microsoft is trying hard with the surfacebook pros but honestly it doesn't compete with tablets.

For gaming I'll lay down a hard to accept fact:
People that lost virginity use PS4 and move on with their life.

sure

and even if that were true, you think linux works any better?

So what you're telling me is that GPUs don't process graphics in a VM? I had no idea.

works on my machine

Long read but entertaining and very sad...

this shit was the final reason why i switched to pic related. i might not have my entire game library but i have enough and i'm happy.

>1080 on linux

what a waste

>HACK OF DEATH
pajeet coders in a nutshell

>i might not have my entire game library but i have enough and i'm happy.
... how about the 1000$ + for this machine ?

same

Dumb wintoddler tries to """(((prove)))""" something:
>"y-yes it is"
>"but if it's bundled with the os its part of it?????????????????????DWA?DAW?DA?WD?WA?"
>"yes it is"

What does Linux have to do with anything?
I'm just saying your internet comment is fucking stupid.
Most people have barely decent internet connections, never mind good ones.

There's about 3 odd billion people with a connection, barely 20% of them have what's considered a decent connection. (especially my ignorant cunts like developers, especially game developers)
Advertised speeds != actual internet speeds, very rarely. If you live in busy areas, you tend to get ass-raped by shared exchanges.
That is, unless, you live in city centers in which case you can end up being piped in to business lines if you are lucky. WAAAAAAAAAARP SPEEEEED.

I'm not 100% sure.
Might depend on the VM software you are using.

You CAN use Passthrough to pass a GPU (or any hardware) exclusively to the VM OS.
But some hardware support is required for that.
You need at least 3 things: CPU support, motherboard support and sometimes GPU support. (some are iffy from loads of people testing it in recent years)

There's loads of people experimenting with it across loads of forums.

Yeah, it's supposed to work under UEFI.

It works with almost every PC immediately after install. Anything Ubuntu based, Arch based or SUSE based will work with most hardware without having to download additional drivers and you usually get all the software you'll ever need for daily desktop use, unlike on windows where you get nothing and resources are wasted on useless telemetry. 8 and 7 have no software. Paint, IE and media player don't count as they're usually replaced and left unused.

Wouldn't it be better If pic related was in charge of directing the Dev-Departments ?

I live in a rural area and everyone has broadband.

macOS does not have this problem. :)

Got it, will look into it.

Well I've tried with GRUB before and what happened was that despite GRUB's EFI file being selected as the priority bootloader, the firmware somehow forced it to boot to Windows anyways. The only way to boot into Ubuntu was to spam F9 to enter the boot menu at startup, which got quite annoying. I did some research and a lot of other HP users complain about the same thing.

what exactly are you complaining about

Works on my machine™

Linux didn't work on my machine™

Get a life nerds.

>It works with almost every PC immediately after install.

unless you want wifi

also doesn't like to work with my monitor in the configuration i want it to because shitty HDMI support

MacOS would be good if applel released it for better hardware and fixed a few annoying things about window handling

First of all, that image is 10 years old.
And second, it's an error with a PPA, it wont happen if you don't add it manually.