Windows 10 bug discussion thread

Windows 10 bug discussion thread.
Convince people to install gen- I mean windows 7.. or fix their issues also somewhat of a ylyl since w10 is fucking horrid.

Anyone else had that problem with memory running out and every application being slow despite task manager saying 50% memory on 10? I went back to 7 cause of that issue being 2 cancer 6 me.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2016/09/27/application-guard-microsoft-edge/#fZHB9Y8kXdz75uu8.97
superuser.com/questions/949244/windows-10-high-memory-usage-unknown-reason/949246#949246
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just WinTard problems

>Windows
Found your problem. Do not fall for the Micros***t scam.

your pc is ancient I bet. Run the 32bit version. It has about 50% smaller binaries and takes much less RAM space.

have you fixed the size of your swap file Sup Forumsent?

>tfw been using Windows 10 since 2014 and the earliest insider build

Only problem I have had is with very early builds where the start menu would stay open and the only way to close it was to restart.

Not had one single problem in almost 2 years.

Works on my PC :^)

You can fix it by not using that piece of micro shit

>memory running out
>50% memory

"I had a problem of my own making, didn't understand enough to know how to solve it, and reformatted as the solution."

Good going, weon.

>Anyone else had that problem with memory running out and every application being slow despite task manager saying 50% memory on 10?

Nope.

I think I've had this problem - My "in use" was at 6GB but I had 17.18GB "commited". I kept getting "Close programs to save memory" prompts as well...

But I haven't reverted to 7 because native support for multiple desktops and sheer inertia.

Sure, bugs, why not...

RemoteFX Win10 clients utilizing an Intel GPU (530, in this case) will BSOD when reconnecting to an enhanced session while applying updates.

In this case, both host and client are Windows 10 pro.

I can't replicate it on non-intel RemoteFX GPU's. Though it doesn't really matter because all the production stuff will be Server 2016 / Windows 10 Enterprise / NVidia Quadro.

Mostly just through it was funny.

windows 10 is fucking fine.

>I think I've had this problem - My "in use" was at 6GB but I had 17.18GB "commited"

Why does Sup Forums complain about Windows without doing cursory research that would have cleared up misunderstandings? You idiots have time to argue over desktop environments and browsers, are you incapable of using Google?

In any case, committed memory is memory that is promised by Windows to processes that they can use. Because Windows is like literally every other modern operating system and uses a virtual memory system, this memory can either be RAM, or it can be backed by the on-disk page file. So it can exceed the amount of RAM you are using. However, committed memory is only memory that is only PROMISED to processes - it does not say anything about if this memory is in use by the process or not.

too busy trying to shill linux to actually try and help people with windows problems

>Windows 10 bug discussion thread

Windows 10: The BIGGEST BUG OF ALL

Anyone else hyped for Wndows Defender Application Guard?
blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2016/09/27/application-guard-microsoft-edge/#fZHB9Y8kXdz75uu8.97

It's basically QubesOS for microtards.

I have no problems with Windows 10, idk why everyone is whining

I have to run a program that's collecting data overnight. How can I ensure windows doesn't sleep, despite my monitor being turned off (monitors in my bedroom, tryna sleep)

Start button is fucked and does not open the menu >50% of the time. Pressing the Windows key does not work either. This affects all the computers on my campus. Sometimes it does not work no matter how many times I try, and I just give up opening a program. Fuck Windows 10.

Happens on every single Windows 10 installation I have used.

Doesn't matter how fast the system is.

His idiot can't even Linux , what a l0ser

Actually it's likely a driver leak, Windows 10 doesn't reserve that much memory during idle.
superuser.com/questions/949244/windows-10-high-memory-usage-unknown-reason/949246#949246

If you use the poolmon tags in google you'll likely find your culprit, the 8.1/8 tools are compatible and effective for diagnosing issues. Killer Suite is what was doing it for me, but you may have another leak somewhere.

Why did you disable your swap?

I N S T A L L
G E N T O O

YOU FAGGOTS

Instead of bitching about this monolith descending upon society, why not do something about it and evacuate? Hell, install both. Use windows to wank off to your shitty anime pedo roleplaying games, use Linux for everything else.

Get your shit together or get back on reddit.

Quit disabling cortana, dumbass.

I didn't.

>memory use is high
Windows 7 and onward started doing this on purpose. Each version does it more than the last.

The idea is that RAM you're not using is wasted RAM. As you're using the computer it tries to predict what you're going to do in order to throw software into RAM ahead of time (so that your programs will appear to start up faster). If you actually end up needing that RAM for something else then it shouldn't be a problem to do that but I don't know for sure if there's any performance loss. I believe this sort of thing can be configured by dicking around with the registry. I think Windows 8 initially had a problem where the algorithm they used was far too aggressive and caused problems. I don't know the details since I never used that piece of shit operating system but it may be informative to look into it.

If you actually do run out of RAM then you may experience severe slowdown and even freezing. In this case I suggest making sure that you have sufficient RAM to run that bloated ass operating system. Alternatively, or in addition to, you may want to increase your paging file size. It may also improve performance if you set a fixed paging file size and you ensure that it's not fragmented on the hard drive (allegedly putting the paging file closer to the beginning of the drive helps too).

If all else fails switch to Linux. It's what I use and I've gotta say that it feels great not to have to deal with Windows retarded engineering bullshit.

They need to turn that shit off, its bloat and it doesn't make shit faster.

I like how you suggest Linux while neglecting to mention that Linux does the exact same fucking thing with unused memory. It's enough of a meme that it even has it's own website, so I don't believe for a second that you forgot about that behavior.

www.linuxatemyram.com

Fucking linux shills, jeez.

>Linux does the exact same fucking thing with unused memory.
It doesn't.

What the hell are you talking about?
RAM caching is godly in any OS.
Any modern kernel can evict cached content instantly, RAM costs nothing to blast to and from.
Combined with the fact that unused RAM -IS- wasted RAM.
It's just like swappiness: Most people think it will slow down their shit until they actually look up how it performs better on a value of 100.
Ran a system on a 5400 RPM 40GB HDD as a test and it felt smooth as an SSD after about a minute of usage with 8GBs and about a gig cached.

Also htop shows RAM cached in yellow and does not tally it toward any total usage.
Not sure why anyone would use top barring lack of internet connection.

It does.
I regularly use RAM caching in my ZFS file systems and by default on my ext4 root directory.

He is talking about superfetch, it isn't the same.

You are stupid :(

Hello lawsuit. MS promised to keep up with security updates until EoS. This is a clear breach of contract.

Key difference: It works on Linux.

What's up with this and how do I fix it? I can't move this to a new location because it's fucking "too long"? So what, it sits unorganized forever now because W10 says so?

Before anyone gets sarcastic and says rename it or open it or move it, tried that.

Google how to create a junction in Windows. Basically you map a drive letter to that folder so you can access the file via J:\filename.ext rather than its current too-long path.

It's really easy but I forget the exact command needed.

7zip > add to archive > check option delete original

Move it around in zip format.