Current state of windows

Current state of windows

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aBGwisx7y8E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first

Announcing sage is illegal, have fun getting raided by the feds

Windows 10 is a terrible mesh of """modern""" flat design and lost early to mid 00s menus

Daily reminder Microsoft have lost their own source code and are now hacking new OSes together by copy-pasting DLLs and other system files, then writing new ones over the top of them.

It's the only way to explain the horrific inconsistency in its UI.

>it's the LAST VERSION of windows ever guise we swear

>support ends 2025

$ sudo apt-get install oranchelo-icon-theme

well it's a 4x4 square, what are you gonna do

Current state of Linux audio: installing this one package and using only a few of the buttons visible in this screenshot it's possible to get a full realtime audio stack going on a standard distribution that maintains the PulseAudio API for basic desktop/consumer applications. I didn't even have to restart my YouTube tab or my music player.

Once my SC-88 and MIDI keyboard get here I'll be able to turn my Linux desktop into a proper DAW without running a bit of code in Windows or WINE, and without sacrificing my desktop's other roles as workstation and build environment.

2x2 I mean

>Debian based systems

That's what happens when you use Windows 10-pixels

>being a weeb

>Having current packages

Bfto sorry

>not being a weeb

So Microsoft has stated they are releasing a ""gaming mode"" for the next release of Windows 10. Any leaks on what this is?

My guess is that it will just turn off/renice a handful of unnecessary background processes/services and possibly turn off some 3D rendering on the desktop.

Post screenshots of WhatsApp for desktop

I've actually never seen one

Unless they can make developers code on bare metal it's a placebo.

Cuck OS

>windows 10
>0% network
How is that possible?

M8 Linux is fine for people in the know but seriously Lusers are too stupid to not shoot themselves in the foot. It's irresponsible to give WinToddlers too much control over their computers.

>the current starte of poojeet os

You actually have a good point

It'll disable some services to free up RAM.

>believing Sup Forums's lies
Windows 10 does not feed your data to our servers unless you enable it.

>tfw I always thought it's just a beta version meme because I disabled all telemetry shit with 3rd party program and never seen it
feels good not being stupid my dudes

Thread continues here Thread continues here Thread continues here

>Windows 10 does not feed your data to our servers
>our servers
I bet you're glad you're not in the Xbone department.

>lost
More likely done on purpose for backwards compatibility, just make sure all the new stuff is a layer on top of the old stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=aBGwisx7y8E

LMAO you tried, autist.

Here, let me chew that out for you.

Maybe turn off Windows updates while gaming mode is active. Among other things too, of course.

b-b-b-but what if I want to select 20 pixels?!
Now the right padding will be smaller!

People seriously think these things.

:^)

>Debian based systems
aka the only ones wort installing.
Unless you're really high on the autism spectrum, you use your computer to do things, not just watching your desktop for hours trying to remember what shrotcuts your set to pop the browser.
kys

>right padding will be smarter
Actually, are you pretending to be retarded or what? Right padding does not solve the problem either, they are different menus

Current state of winTRASH

Can you not tell blatant sarcasm on the internet?

Also, the right padding would matter.
Once you select a double-digit pixel character, the word will move over, making the gap between the word and the arrows smaller.
That is less A E S T H E T I C.

Of course, it likely has the ability to expand its own width to keep the spacing equal, or you cannot select a double-digit value, for example.

Nice damage control freetard, but still is not aligned.

AYY REAL WINNIGER HOURS WHO UP?

They are embedding spyware in their compiler now

Still better than that weeb shit lonix tho

>0% Network
shopped

fud:

hi everyone. This is Steve Carroll, the dev manager for the Visual C++ team.
Tl;dr: thanks folks for the feedback. Our team will be removing this from our static libs in Update 3.
Our intent was benign – our desire was to build a framework that will help investigate performance problems and improve the quality of our optimizer should we get any reports of slowdowns or endemic perf problems in the field.
We apologize for raising the suspicion levels even further by not including the CRT source, this was just an oversight on our part. Despite that, some of you already investigated how this mechanism works in nice detail. As you have already called out, what the code does is trigger an ETW event which, when it’s turned on, will emit timestamps and module loads events. The event data can only be interpreted if a customer gives us symbol information (i.e. PDBs) so this data is only applicable to customers that are actively seeking help from us and are willing to share these PDBs as part of their investigation. We haven’t actually gone through this full exercise with any customers to date though, and we are so far relying on our established approaches to investigate and address potential problems instead.
We plan to remove these events in Update 3. In the meantime, to remove this dependency in Update 2, you should add notelemetry.obj to your linker command line.

KEK

>different applications have different UI

woahhh dude

>Our intent was benign
ahahahhaha

I don't get it

really makes you think.......

In Linux different application even has the same theme AND font

most of background goes suspended, stays using almost no ram and no CPU. This will help NOTHING, unless you have a very very shitty computer that simply makes it not suitable for gaming at all

that tinfoil is cutting circulation to your brain

UI is not the same thing as theme, idiot

>plant a botnet into a compiler
>"guise, pls trust me, our intention was benign"
Go away, CIA nigger

>calling something telemetry automatically means the NSA can access it!

uh, wut

>I know I'll call him a Jew!

racism truly is disgusting

All I need is Adobe support for Linux and no need to code 256 lines to open a file explorer. Jesus, it is not hard to make a windows copycat, windows is a shitty version of macOS wich is a shitty version of a FreeBSD, can't Linux community come up with something enduser friendly?

Is this for real? TOP KEK

gee goyim, ((our)) intention was benign, we just wanted to put a goyim subservience module - that's all

>jew is a race
Ignorance is bliss

lol shut up pol

>telemetry
#1 un-word of the 2010s

yeah except that's not what's happening at all

Works perfectly for me :^)

Jews aren't a race, they are another species faggot. Its not racism if they aren't human.

hmm good point

I do not comprehend

>Some minor UI inconsistencies
>blown way the fuck out of proportion because linux babbies have nothing good to say about their OS and feel insecure over using an inferior product

max kek

My computer doesn't do that

you just have a shit computer

A parasitic species which camouflages itself as human at that. Evolution is pretty crazy shit.

>bbbbbbbut nintendo!!!!!!

>random irc log

yeah totally legit

[citation needed]

>user friendly Linux
Ubuntu, or anything Ubuntu based (Mint, Zorin, Elementary, Deepin, LXLE, KDE Neon)
>I don't want a noobuntu/debian base
openSUSE, or Gecko
>I want an arch base
Manjaro, or Apricity
>I don't want popular distros, but still want them to be friendly
Solus, PCLinuxOS, Mageia, Rosa
>I want an easy gentoo
Sabayon

Almost all of these are user friendly. Linux needing input code to work is a meme, it has been fully usable even without touching the terminal for a decade now. Shit that needs a terminal is usually the same shit that would need the windows console, or stuff windows can't do anyway.

I agree the addition of more software would be great, but I believe people like you would still make up excuses not to switch.

Working, unlike Linux.

lel

lmao

if that was my computer and i was that guy i wouldn't be complaining

(((oversight)))

Neither does wincucks

wew lad, saved and backed up

Gaming mode will help game developers moreso than it will gamers. And while, yes, you can argue that muh sacred productivity pc should be Sup Forums free, the reality is that consumers will game on their PC so why not set some standards? As it currently stands, you could have multiple high priority applications competing, one of which is a game and one of which is, lets say, a screen capture software (set aside the fact that we have mostly mastered effortless video screencapture). The idea is that, before game mode is implemented, the proportionality at which both applications request RAM or CPU cycles will be equal to whatever the sizes of the applications are. This is not a good thing, because some video games are CPU intensive, and taking away from cpu resources at all, can cause frame stuttering. However, with game mode enabled, the developers can expect a set amount of RAM to always be working with, enabling them to develop a more consistent (and better overall) immersive gaming experience.

Similar to how, for example, GTAV can run on an XBOX 360. Yes, it runs at sub 30 fps and yes, draw distance is terrible and yes, resolution is low, but if the XBOX 360 were a PC running windows 10 it would have no chance of running PC GTAV even at the barest minimum standards Rockstar could set; or atleast with that user experience.

Overall, gaming mode is a set of standards as to what the developer should program for, because consequentially, it involves a unescable hierarchy of software powers.

It should also really help UWP game devs. Remember how Quantum break was terrible? That's because on DX12, using bare metal resources leads to massive memory leaks often, and this causes frame stuttering and all sorts of logic issues. DX11 didn't suffer because by design DX11 doesn't enable those sorts of issues. In DX12 the developer is free to make those mistakes, and Game Mode cleans them up.

Do you need to be a fag into fashion and home decorating to notice these things? Because I have never once noticed or gave a single flying fuck how the right click menus looked in comparison to others until these pictures got made.

Winplebs are not used to perfetion

What is your point about highlight "our"?

He's speaking for a collective since he's representing a development team you fucking idiot.

>the (((team)))

No, not necessarily, it's just the product of brainstorming. Linus Torvalds thinking about the heavy, intricate parts of the Linux Kernel enable me to think about more minute details of a software I use. Windows developers shipping a usable desktop OS enables the user to think about minute details.

Of course it keeps all the malicious traffic hidden from the user.

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

Maybe it is the end of Windows and Microsoft is planning a new OS

wow you're fucking stupid

Don't you have some sev1s to be working on rajeesh?

mine does that with chromium too.
Can confirm it's not a shit computer.

NT is here to stay forever. As long as microsoft exists, they will have an NT based OS, or at least NT API and PE compatibility.