What does Sup Forums think about GRUB?

What does Sup Forums think about GRUB?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VcZbvDAurSQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fugly

It is a very handy program. I enjoy its portability between machines.

Colour is kind of ugly and I don't like the name "ubuntu". Font is hard to read as well..

One of the few good FOSS because it just weks

it just werks
but sucks balls no serius alternative do

both are customizable

I think it's part of the reason why my computer boots ~5 seconds slower than it ought to IMO. I'm just too dumb to fiddle with it and not sure if that would even help. I just wanna go fast :(

By far the best boot loader. Everything else is literally BTFO by its feature to play a custom sound during boot.

youtube.com/watch?v=VcZbvDAurSQ

Well shit, now I need to thinkn about what I want to play now.

it's good but i wish they fuse grub and burg together and make themes a "standart" themes make it even better than windows boot manager

Handy but unnecessary. EFIstub is better as a bootloader for me.

systemd boot is better

I'd like to interject for a moment. What you call GRUB is in fact GNU/GRUB. And it's pretty awsome.

> hard to read
> for a screen you spend 2 seconds on once a month
never change Sup Forums

top kek

At this point I am not sure if it is this a joke or not.

GRUB exists for a world where legacy BIOS was the only way to boot a system. The contemporary world of UEFI loaders have made GRUB redundant.

systemD-boot > grub

UEFI is a means to control your computer without your knowledge at the hardware level.

Stop drinking from the puddles they kick you next to.

I prefer this

hated it, love system D though. feels nice and simple with a clean interface. grub also sounds like ass and the font is garbage.

I prefer systemDick.

It just works. Never had a single issue with it.

rEFInd is better imo

I liked lilo better. Even got few issues quickly solved by devs. Too bad it's dead.