Current state of Linux

Current state of Linux

Other urls found in this thread:

fun.irq.dk/funroll-loops.org/
howtogeek.com/173291/goodbye-microsoft-security-essentials-microsoft-now-recommends-you-use-a-third-party-antivirus/
pcworld.com/article/3025889/windows/tested-microsofts-windows-defender-antivirus-is-less-awful-than-it-used-to-be.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What is spacing

No wonder they're shoving CSS3 and web crap everywhere. Even that clusterfuck of a text layout engine does box layouts better.

Current state of linux: open your windows laptop and search how to fix linux on the internet

Do you have brain damage?

lmao what program is this

No, but that Linux developer sure has.

Current state of Windows.
Step it up street shitter.

That's nothing compared to GTK apps running in KDE, freetard.

>being mad
POO IN THE LOO

>Being freetard.

>DESIGNATED

This is so fucking true it hurts. Maybe I'm a just a Linux pleb

keks so true.

Works on my machine.

Nice consistenns with that toolbar compared to the rest of KDE applications. /s

>consistenns
You should really ask Microsoft for an English course if your are going to shill on English speaking sites.
DESIGNATED.

At least they all look the same apart from the thickness, unlike this

>He cares more about grammar than the argument.

Looks like you are out of resources, freetard.

How much does Microsoft pay you?

>GNOME apps with a giant toolbar
>KDE apps with a small toolbar.
>looks the same

Get new glasses, freetard.

No more than what GNU/Stalmant pays you, that's for sure.

Nice argument there wintard

>grammar than the argument.
Please Rajesh, take a proper English course.

Wow, I love Linux now then.

>apart from the thickness

No one cares what Indians like

>Still have no arguements.

come back when you have one true argument, freetard.

>He has no arguments.

Go back to fix your video drivers, freetard.

>shilling/shitposting
>expect a counterargument
POO IN THE LOO

And the buttons, and the layouts and the dialogs.

do wintards actually think that masterraceOS doesn't have drivers? Okay please carry on I don't want to interrupt your important shill work

Feels good to not be Indian, freetard.

> I am offended and you don't care enough to argue with a shill
ok

Oh you have drivers, they just crash and under-perform all the time.

>I'm out of arguments and all I can do is to talk about grammar.

meh.

Why would I trust your opinion (someone that doesn't use these drivers) over my own (someone that uses these incredibly stable drivers every day)?

There's a reason masterraceOS is used where stability is required.

Well yeah. That is the natural consequence when one of them isn't a title bar, but a header bar.
Here's a quiz for you though: What modern OS or DE does it better?

>Wincuck talking about layouts and dialogs
Feels good to have a working sewer system
Hurry up Pajeet the rape bus is coming.
see Why suddenly the street shitter expects arguments?

Why should I trust the biazed opinion of a freetard?

>Here's a quiz for you though: What modern OS or DE does it better?

None, so stop talking shit of Windows when Linsux is not better in that area, is even worse.

the reason this looks like crap its because the gui behind it doesnt care much about it becasue he is a programer not a designer.

but inded rly crap layout btfo devs!

>He still have no arguments.

This is getting boring, freetard.

There's a big campaign in India to pressure Canonical into making Ubuntu brown again.

It's better though.
Compare this shit to just having titlebars and headerbars mixed.
You can also just decide not to install any GNOME apps on KDE. In fact that Twitch app is the only GNOME app I use.

Not going to argue with a street shitter subhuman, learn your place Rajesh.
Plus you haven't made an argument yet, I really don't know what's to debate here.

>It's better though.
Hahaha,

>Compare this shit to just having titlebars and headerbars mixed.

There are worse cases in Linsux, and you know it.

>You can also just decide not to install any GNOME apps on KDE

Like if KDE had GIMP and InkScape counterparts, you just can't have KDE w/o GTK apps.

>Not going to argue with a street shitter subhuman

>Not going to argue with a street shitter subhuman

Good thing I don't even live in Asia, your freetardinsm is getting to you.

>There are worse cases in Linsux, and you know it
Show me.

Then present an argument.

>biazed

Trust or distrust all you want but get the fuck off Sup Forums

Look at the image in the beginnig in the thread, freetard, are you fucking blind?

Argument to what? You two have made no sensible or relevant statement which needs to be argued about, or is worth arguing.
>winshit sucks xD
>Linsux sucks xD

Sure, you first.

>Delete this

That is what I read.

That's just gtk. Gtk is trash. You can usually tell when software is trash because it has "GNU" somewhere in the acronym or name.

Sadly, if it's GNU, the big name distros will push it because muh freedom and muh community. After all linux users are still massively butthurt about KDE not being commie licensed in the 90s.

>still can't present an argument
fuck off.
If you shitpost you just can't just expect counterarguments, yet this mongoloid asks for them.

So you admit Linux is trash then.

>Show him the current stay of Linux
>Says Windows is worse
>His logic is blame Windows always to make Linux sux less.

Get out of here.

>current stay of
Shouldn't you be on a designated indian board?

>He mispelled a Word in the internet, stop the presses
>Still is worried about grammar and not the argument.

yawn

>and not the argument
What argument exactly?

Freetard still not getting it.

i can tell by your grammar that you're a pajeet

I admit that the linux community is trash and pushes trash software as the face of linux, therefore making linux trash for most new users who just don't know how to access anything else.

>He things I live in Asia.

Freetard can't compute possiblities.

Apparently this poo in loo made an argument somewhere, hard to find with all this shitpost though.

/thread

This is the "argument" I always see against windows here.

I thought you linux fags were always going on about how much work you get done, but then the worst thing you can come up with to complain about is purely cosmetic.

Can someone come up with a reason why windows is shit without resorting to "but it looks bad!".

Stupid fucking ricers.

>Can someone come up with a reason why windows is shit without resorting to "but it looks bad!".
glorious b8 m8

You know what they say...Gentoo is rice.

fun.irq.dk/funroll-loops.org/

I think this article actually applies to most Sup Forums *NIX desktop users actually, tossing around "performance" and "bloat", and arguing over inconsequential things, while having no fucking clue what they're talking about.

>subpar font rendering
>archaic update system without a sign of improvement
>not system-wide package management
>NTFS only (not counting server version)
>workplaces implementation is amateurish, looks like a GNOME shell's knockoff
>still can't name files/folder with common characters like quotes and question marks
>registry still exists and it's going nowhere
>still relies on 3rd party anti-virus/malware because it lacks a proper permission system
After all this time Windows is the same as it was, a cheap alternative to UNIX and it shows, sadly Microsoft doesn't care about the code base, they only seem to pander to 12 year old kids with >le gaymur mode XDD! and >muh DX12!!1!!!!
Windows simply doesn't fit my standards or needs to consider using it, I don't have a problem with Windows, after all it's just a tool, only a manchildren could develop emotional responses over it, the problem is the constant shilling and shipost on this board, mostly since Windows 10 came out.
Don't take shitposts seriously.

>cheap alternative to UNIX and it shows
Actually, Linux is the cheap alternative to UNIX, Linux as way behind a real UNIX system.

Care to explain?

Internet is yout friend:

>Is Linux a UNIX System?

"Not it isn't. A particular vendor's modified system was certified, which required extensive changes to make it comply with SUS specifications for both POSIX library functions and userland utilities.
The GNU userland is not entirely POSIX compliant as-is, but as is the case for most developers of Unix-like systems, the developers attempt to be compatible with standards (Single Unix Specification v4, or SUSv4), even participating in the standardization process (Austin Group).
Apple/Mac has a BSD userland inherited from both NeXTSTEP and FreeBSD, you can download the source to many of the utilities here and compare them with say FreeBSD, scattered through the files you can see the considerable effort that was put in to achieving UNIX certification (..i.e: compatible command-line flags), and BSD is a direct descendant of Unix and even influenced a lot of the POSIX specifications.
There is a rigorous testing process involved in certification. The fact that a single Linux system has been certified does not indicate how easily it would be to certify."

As you see, UNIX compatible doesn't mean is UNIX, ion that case WSL would make Window UNIX too.

>muh OSX is certified UNIX meme.
Linux was never about being UNIX, it only took it's design guidelines, a shady certification doesn't mean anything because it's still POSIX compilant.

Linux is not POSIX complitant eather, freetard.

Stop calling Linux UNIX, it gives to much credit to that hobby OS.

>1 dev is a lazy cunt
>HURRR CURRENT STATE OF LINUX AMIRITE

I fucking hate this place.

For most intents and purposed it is, and due to it's extended use in mission-critical computing it's safe to assume it's good enough.
Plus I didn't even said Linux is a UNIX system or even talked about it.
Dumb fuck can't even read the thread.

Leave.

No I want cunts like you to leave so this place doesn't get shit up like this.

name of that application?
And where can I get the source?

I only came for replying (You).
It's a friendly advice, bro.

YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP

Let me quote this;

>After all this time Windows is the same as it was, a cheap alternative to UNIX and it shows

Now, let me quote my self.

>Actually, Linux is the cheap alternative to
UNIX

See now? Freetard?

Please point where I said that Linux was UNIX
The only statement that I did is thst Windows is still plagued by the same problems it had back in the day (DOS). I shoudn't remind you that Windows was first introduced as a cheap alternative to other systems, mostly UNIX-like.
Suddenly you brought Linux for some reason.
Realyl shows that you can't talk about Windows without shitting on Linux.

You said that Windows is a cheap alternative to UNIX.
I said that tittle belongs to Linux.
You said Linux is POSIX complaint.
I said In your dreams.

Maybe you did not call directly Linux UNIX, but it show that in your mind it was.

Linux was never an alternative to UNIX, it only used POSIX as a loose guideline, nowday it's compatible for most use cases.
> but it show that in your mind it was
It only shows that you can't adress the points I made and you resort to talk about thigs you clearly don't have a clue about.
You still haven't adressed anything I said about Windows or it's decade olds problems.
You only can talk about Linux and some UNIX certification.

Meanwhile, almost-current state of OS X. Just works, just perfect.

>It only shows that you can't adress the points I made

The point you made are ridiculous, complaining about stupid things like the regisrtry as id scatered text files around the systems were better. or Windows depending on third parthy software like AV when Windows comes withs its own protection software and firewall making AVs optionals and another stupid things you just ignore, is not worth it.

Linux is a wonderful implementation of shitty design choices while Windows has excellent design decisions but shitty implementation. If Microsoft wasn't so focused on backwards compatibility Windows could be the best thing, and if freetard developers didn't use retarded design choices Linux could be the dominant OS.

>regisrtry as id scatered text files around the systems were better
>a binary file that manages OS and software configs is better that a plain config text file that can easly be backed up or removed at will.

>Windows comes withs its own protection software and firewall making AVs optionals
>howtogeek.com/173291/goodbye-microsoft-security-essentials-microsoft-now-recommends-you-use-a-third-party-antivirus/

You really don't have any valid arguments, and considering your horrid grammar it's safe to assume that you are from some 3rd world country shithole (I bet it's POO IN LOO land).
I won't waste my time anymore.

>a binary file that manages OS and software configs is better that a plain config text file that can easly be backed up or removed at will.

Exactly, now wonder Linux is moving to SystemD and GNOME is using a centralized binary configuration now.

>Windows comes withs its own protection software and firewall making AVs optionals
howtogeek.com/173291/goodbye-microsoft-security-essentials-microsoft-now-recommends-you-use-a-third-party-antivirus/

You moron, that article was published in 2013, do you even check the sources?

>You really don't have any valid arguments
GTFO, show me your first.

Woah, whats music manager? Also is that paragon NTFS for mac? also also, i hope you paired for usb overdrive. It's a small company of like one dude.

paid for*

>binary configuration
>SystemD
Seems like you missundertood log files with config files Pajeet.

>GNOME
What SJWs do it's not my concern plust most of the software follows the standard text file config method

> that article was published in 2013
>pcworld.com/article/3025889/windows/tested-microsofts-windows-defender-antivirus-is-less-awful-than-it-used-to-be.html
They still can't keep up, plus the desperate need for an AV shows fundamental design flaws in the OS.

As I said you don't really have anything to argue.
Stay mad POO IN LOO.

>If Microsoft wasn't so focused on backwards compatibility
If Microsoft wasn't so focused on backwards compatibility then Windows would've died on XP.

>current state of abandonware LXDE
thx for this thread OP.

I was talking about centralization, and that is what SystemD is freetard, centralization, just like the Windows registry.

>What SJWs do it's not my concern plust most of the software follows the standard text file config method

Is an irony that GNOME is the only refined piece od software Linsux has, and is using now centralized configuration in Linux.

>They still can't keep up,
Says the freetard who doesn't even use Windows, the only reason computers come with 3th party AVs is becuase those Company pay to pure that crapware in it, not because it is necesary.

>As I said you don't really have anything to argue. Stay mad POO IN LOO.

You never were a chellenge in the first place, freetard.