How the fuck is anyone supposed to understand this horseshit

Other urls found in this thread:

jsfiddle.net/00qLh0zu/
cplusplus.com/
automatetheboringstuff.com/
duntemann.com/assembly.html
cplusplus.com/reference/iterator/begin/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You might want to pass on c++ as a beginner. Try to pick up a scripting language.

>not learning c before c++

Technical reading is difficult until you learn to associate the symbols presented (in this case abstract syntax) with concepts. It will come eventually. Just break it down and read it out loud substituting words when needed.

Many people will act like they never struggled a day in their life reading code or documentation, but it's something every programmer goes through at some point. Persistence is key.

You need an IQ of at least 130.

java is best to learn basic concepts and syntax and the documentation is simply ebin

ecks dee

C is not a very good intro into templates.

Try HASKALL (for overgeneralized patterns) and COBOL (awkward syntax primer) first. If you survive, you have the dexterity to read and understand Boost header files.

>cppreference.com
>Literally naming your website after your preference for CP

Anyway, if you can't understand it, how will you ever write it?

>trying to learn C++ by reading a reference

kek

>cppreference
>cp preference

i feel they should be reported
the site might hide something

The best programming language learning path is Java, C, C++.

>Java
It gave me PTSD and took my programming motivation far away for a good couple of years.

God bless C. God bless vim and my vim plugins

it's a good hand holding language before you get into C.

c++ documentation is bad, start with java or C# with intellij or visual studio

dont read references, start with small programs and learn as you go from code

What is so hard about that OP? std::begin is a function with 4 overloads. Most of the implementations just call the .begin() function on the passed object, however there is an overload for arrays that just returns the pointer to the beginning. Judging by this, you probably would want to use it in a situation where you are writing a template that can take either an STL container or array.

try Python if you're an absolute beginner

That's like looking at calculus before you learn algebra and wondering how anyone is supposed to learn that shit. Like with literally anything else, start with the very basics and move your way up.

>not being g good at calc right off the bat

>shitposting

>8 character tabs
Kill yourself

Now that's what I call autism.

Learn python first, there are concepts you need to underatand before jumping into C++ syntax which can be confusing, especially templates.

why the FUCK would you want to start learning cobol ever

You need to be a full blown autist with 90th percentile IQ to even THINK about becoming a C/C# programmer

What do you not understand?

>Returns an iterator to the beginning of the given container c or array array
This is truly perplexing stuff.

There are a couple things wrong with your approach.

#1 cppreference is a clusterfuck, use either cplusplus or MSDN

#2 c++ is a shit tier language

>Hello World
>Humongous tabs
You just might be a female.

cppreference is fine for what it is, a reference. It's not the retards guide to C++ programming nor is it meant to be.

>trying so hard to meme

hugmonous what?
is that sexual harassment?

It's an iterator
It iterates through something

How is this hard?

Maybe it's fine for an HTML parser, not the human reader. Cppreference just dumps a bunch of functions onto the page with 0 formatting and calls it a day.

The implication is that any minor coding effort will overflow your tiny notebook screen in a couple of minutes with that setting. That is, you don't actually program.

>If you're simulating what tabs look like at a terminal
Protip: you shouldn't be

Well, that's retarded.

It's not a guide, it's a reference. If you know what you are doing, this is what you want.

Just fucking learn Python.

There are better references, even cplusplus does a much better job of being a reference. for c/cpp.

Maybe it's just that the people behind cppreference didn't take the ugliness of the cpp syntax into account and it became what it is, a fucking clusterfuck.

>sepples
Just learn Java

Learn C.

>You might want to pass on c++ as a beginner.
I never understood this.
C++ is fine as a programming language, even for beginners.
Assuming beginners means no programming experience at all.
The documentation is good, even if OP cannot read.
The things you learn when writing C++ is applicable to all programming languages.
Stuff like namespaces and templates might be too much information to throw at people, but it they have to learn at some point.
And even more important: C++ is one of the best languages when it comes to writing documentation. (what I find a very key aspect of writing good programs).

c# is more comfy.
its perfectly in the middle.

not so low where you'd need to manually manage memory, yet not so high where everything is abstracted from you

so how is that different from C++?

>writing C++ is applicable to all programming languages... namespaces and templates

Maybe most, but not ALL.

This , might want to add some x86 assembly to that and reverse some C programs with a debugger in order to understand how the C code ends up when it gets executed.

The problem is that you are trying to understand OOP shit which it self is not programming but one of the programming methodologies used in creating huge software projects(frankly i think that OOP is shit and should be eradicated but some fags might disagree so i wont go in to that). Just learn the essence of programming with C and asm. Don't get in to java or any other high level scripting languages because they will hinder you if you will want to get better at programming

not person you're replying too, but seems like C++ and C# are different flavors of same thing,

(ME)
I should get on some asm as you said. C really helped me get better as a programmer because it forced me to think like how the machine was working especially memory wise. ASM would be just the next step in increasing my understanding of the hardware.

Start with Pascal, you fucking moron. Not fucking C++.

>starting from the shittiest topic

start with something simple

jsfiddle.net/00qLh0zu/

>gerard
>zenbook
>8 space tabs

The whole idea that you should use one language over another is stupid.
You pick a language that is relevant in the field you want to make applications for and start learning from there.

When it comes to "starting languages". There is no good starting language. They all have their quirks you have to adapt to, but none of them are perfect unless you cannot use them in your field.

My CE education went (in terms of programming languages) matlab->asm->C++->C->java->vhdl->R->python.
We mostly work with C++ as we have specific libraries for that stuff, but jumping to another language is never a problem.

I literally have an IQ of 129
Am I fucked?

C# has way more out of the box functionality. C++ lacks basic facilities like converting between data types, so you have to use C from your C++ code.

Go to cplusplus.com/ instead, it's way easier to understand and has some good examples.
Also, you should start with the basics.

OP, if you're a total noob beginner, I'd honestly recommend starting with visual basic of all things just out of simplicity sake and then move into python. There's some actual comp sci information that you're going to really want to pick up along the way.

I know that everybody is like HURRRGH I WANT TO CODE RIGHT NOW, but it takes time man. Coding is like cooking. Everybody wants to make a delectable feast, but you gotta start small, even if it's with the most basic of recipes, like frying eggs.

The more that you understand what programming is about and the basics overall (compiling, loops, subsequences), the more you can advance your understanding of the field. Beyond that, the more languages you pick up, the easier it gets overall. It's just like learning how to cook. The more dishes and ingredients you know how to utilize properly, the more experience that you have, the easier things get. It's not uncommon for a totally average programmer to be fully/decently fluent in 4 - 5 languages.

automatetheboringstuff.com/

lol'd hard.

OP you should learn programming with java or python. Don't listen to anybody saying you otherwise.

duntemann.com/assembly.html
This might be a hard one to start with but it learns you everything low-level need to know, after that you'll walk into C like a breeze and don't even sweat pointers because you already learned memory management.

A potentially crippling amount of money is still moved with it

>C#

You mean the autisic lovechild of C++ and Java?

vim or emacs?

>using cppreference instead of far superior cplusplus.com

cplusplus.com/reference/iterator/begin/

C# language features are god-tier

t. Rajeev Mujigondshandii

I was bored once and wanted to test my skills. I went ahead and tried to rewrite a lot of the STD library that I used often. Was a good test. Then I went and looked at the actual lib files Microshaft wrote for MSVC and it was interesting to compare.

>return(0);
nigger what the fuck

It's just a meme way of writing return 0, to make it look like a function.

Which is retarded and shows that the author doesn't know that it's a statement and not a function

>#2 c++ is a shit tier language
Someone who has never done programming before.

>printf
>not puts

So you can get a job?

But what does one need it for?

Return was actually a function on PDP-11.

the C++ stdlibs are basically all are overcomplicated for no reason- the only things you really need to know about is pointers, data structures, data types, memory management, interfacing with winapi (sometimes), blah blah
c++ is overly complicated but i love it

>But what does one need it for?
Learn programming from a book, not a fucking reference.

i literally had an IQ of 143 but couldn't code for shit

>trying to learn programming
>trying to interpret the obfuscated disaster that is C++ template metaprogramming before you are a decent programmer

C is a great intro to templates. Just use the preprocessor for templates. You'll learn the basic idea of what a template is, as well as why C++ templates exist.

>best to learn concepts
>have to use OO everywhere before you understand what OO is

lol sure

>had

How many brain cells are you missing now

i'd say 1/3 at least

C doesn't have iterators. You can apparently write a kernel without them, so what actual advantage do they provide?

well right off the bat you can ignore everything if it's a version of c++ you don't use

and it really isn't that hard to understand iterators

google it shitlord

C++ is literally the worst possible beginning language. Just learn Racket Lisp and be done with it. It's way easier to learn a language when you already know how to program, and until then it's best to stick with a highly regular and consistent language that won't trip you up when doing basic shit.

ah yes the good old "i pretend that i read SICP" post

trying to learn programming then write programs. sometimes the theoretical stuff is for further down the road right now just write code, do challenges, think of a project how big or small and start doing it.

once you do this for a few months then maybe that stuff may make a little more sense too you.

PLEASE
what is this font????

I read HtDP and Little Schemer, never got around to SICP. It would've been a good passive-aggressive comment though if I had though.

I started with c++ and then moved on to java but I'm good with computers. I didn't really have a problem and caught on really quick. Java, like others have said coincidentaly, killed my programming motivation to some extent. Now I personally love C, and its what I would recommend you dive into OP. OO is for trannies and scrub lords.
> C + VIM == LIFE;

>Java, like others have said coincidentaly, killed my programming motivation to some extent.
this, i'm doing it at school right now

i didn't really like programming before but now i fucking despise it

>C++ is fine as a programming language, even for beginners.

Some parts of the language are. Templates and other cryptic garbage syntax is not.

And since you get into templates right away with vectors, lists, maps, etc its a pain in the ass for new programmers. Make a typo? Have fun with the resulting error message.

>The documentation is good, even if OP cannot read.
No its not, c++reference is slightly above reading the craptastic standard directly.

Start at the bottom with us, user

Colorscheme please my tab-abusing good sir

You've got to have the drive to be a l33t hacker

ron, one of the defaults

>learning how to program
>chooses C++

Please start with something like Python or Javascript.

But it's a fucking object oriented language user

Except I did and am. C++ is shit tier if you actually want to write readable code, reusable, non-cluster fuck code. C++ syntax is hideous garbage, compilers error and warning messages are almost always obscure and don't actually tell you what's wrong, they just tell you where some shit happened and you're supposed to figure out the rest. Also as I've already said in the thread C++ lacks basic facilities other languages have out of the box. So I'm pretty sure you're the one who's never done any programming or simply wrote code in C++ all his autistic life alone without working with anyone ever.

You should probably start with list and then move on the Python, Java, C, then C++

>Start learning python first

Feh, it's like learning to drive in an automatic.

Learn something like Java first instead. You'll have to type way too much bullshit, but you might pick up what that bullshit means on the way. Then you have an understanding of said bullshit if you move onto a language like python that does most of said bullshit for you.