I've been fine though haven't bought new since 2nd gen i3

>Redpill me
fuck off back to Sup Forums

Definitely, peripherals with no moving parts:
WiFi / network adapters
DAC / ADC

Yes:
Motherboard
GPU (if you can tolerate possibly loud, old fans, or you will replace them)
CPU
RAM
HDD (if SMART values provided)

No:
SSD
Cases (often disgusting)
Keyboard/Mouse (often disgusting)

I bought a used 670 last year to go with the one I bought at launch. Best purchase I made, probably don't have to upgrade until next year now. Unless AMD impress me with Zen and Vega

Nice

Do you have any favorite software to test the health of cpu, mobo, gpu, ram etc.

No SSD huh, why's that?

Not him, but what if there was shit on there that's illegal and you get caught with it. The guy probably only wiped it once

Fuck off back to /reddit/

Well he said HDDs are acceptable so I assume thats not the problem

Not OP but I've been curious about buying a Corsair liquid cooler on eBay but I'm worried about the fragility of the pipes and pump going through shipping

>cpu
people.seas.harvard.edu/~apw/stress/
>ram
memtest86 (part of many linux live cds)

SSD lifetime is limited
sure, if you get SMART values and it's nearly unused, you can buy it used

bought my entire build from ebay,some second hand,others brand new..ive used ebay for years,the odd daft cunt trys to play silly buggers but the majority is plain sailing.

>redpill me
So you want to be spammed with mindless memes?

I haven't bought a single component but I bought a full desktop from Cowboom right before they closed and I'm extremely happy with it.

You can pickup a Sandy Bridge 2500k or 2600k for about the same cost as an i3 6100 (memelake) and mobo. Overclock it to 4Ghz or higher with a nice aio or air cooler and you're set. Ivy Bridge 3770k etc is about $50-100 more. You can sometimes get a 4690k/4790k in the $400 range. Good deals. GPU's you have to be careful as a 970/980 might be overpriced since you'll get similar or better results with a newer GPU (480/1060/1070).

I've bought server grade used PC components and they've worked out really good. CPUs and RAM rarely die, but GPUs and other parts can be a risk. HDDs and SSDs should never be bought used.

i bought one..works a treat

I wouldn't buy CPUs that had been overclocked because OC'ing degrades them faster

Good point

kill yourself

basically this

pretty much everything in my rig minus the ssd/hdd/psu is used and i've had no problems.

Every used GPU I've bought off eBay has been slightly faulty, as in every other day you might notice artefacts or get a crash once a month.

People sell dying hardware on eBay.

It's fine for older and budget oriented builds.

I usually go for refurbished, but I risked going for used and things worked out fine. Went with an older budget computer because I saw no purpose in spending money on something powerful when I knew I would never use it. Might as well have thrown the money out the window.

Got my Core 2 Quad Q9400 used and it's been fine. It's a processor... It either processes or it doesn't. Got this SSD (long time ago) used because I only use it for Windows and programs. So, it didn't matter to me if it was "safe" or not. It could fail tomorrow and it'd only be a slight inconvenience to me. Don't remember how much it had when I got it. It's been a few years, but it was under 100 hours used. Got a lucky one, I guess.

Got my GTX 460 SE 1GB OC used too. Removed the casing and replaced the fan on it because stock ones suck on the old GTX cards. Runs MUCH better and it's a great video card, I'd say. Sucks that the old ones are so inefficient when it comes to power. Hate that it requires two connectors to power it, but whatever. It's overclocked on top of being factory overclocked and up until I'd say about a year ago, it could handle everything just fine. Even then it was showing its age by not being able to max things out. However, it ran Grand Theft Auto V, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, etc. Just fine. Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 especially is where it started showing its age. Not its fault since Fallout 4 is poorly optimized unlike Grand Theft Auto V, but still. Doesn't matter to me since I don't play video games, but it just goes to show you how long it's been able to hold out.

Bought a used GPU, it broke after a month. Never doing it again.

used server equipment for pennies is the real ebay redpill

Do what Sup Forums does with £200 instead of £2000