Micro VS SSD

VS the 2, why is it that an SSD is basically filled Micro SD cards and worth more than your common SSD?

I can get an 128 SSD for around 120, but then a mirco SSD is 50 or so?

I get performance but overall, what I don't get is, 1 is smaller than the other and can do.... something around the same

As my dad would say "aint alien technology amazing"

Why is a Ferrari 458 more expensive than a Toyota Corolla? They do the same thing don't they?

SSDs are much more hardened to the many writes that an operating system may put on them, a large micro SD card would give out in no time on a PC. Micro SD cards excel in phones where the only things being written to it are music and pictures and maybe videos.

most don't know about sd card based storage for desktop,there's 0 marketing put out so most consumers(even the smarter ones) don't know a thing about them.

if it was memed enough im sure it would catch on quite quickly

there is 0 marketing because its a stupid idea any OS with a swap/page file would kill it in no time

Is it stupid to use one of these on a NAS?

THIS haha

Try searching for things like wear leveling. You can only do a limited amount of writes to flash memory.

i know, I'm well aware user. I'm surprised tho, I've had this 16 gb flash on my belt prolly close to 5 years and some how it's still doing pretty well.

Flash memory can still take a good bit of writing and using a flash drive normally will let it last for years just don't run windows on it or anything like that

I've always wondered how long a flash drive with a virtual machine would last if it's periodically used

Go and search how much data shit like Chrome cache-managing writes on your disk every minute.

Also, SSDs are made out of: memory cells, some cache and a big ass controller. Go and search what the big ass controller is used for, you will find out aome more differences with flash memory cards.

>49999
This nigga
I figured there was more to it. I heard SSDs are bad for gaming

I'm surprised Druaga1 havent done a video on it yet.

If I bothered to see if he had paypal I would actually give him the 20-30USD required to buy one if he were willing to do a video.

I just like to watch the world burn.

There not bad just not very useful, you get good loading times that's about it. a 4tb hard drive separate from your OS can hold all the games you might need and still have decent load times just due to the fact windows isn't accessing it 24/7

They're only good for load times. Keep the games you play the most on your SSD and just keep everything else on HDDs. Hell I play games off my NAS.

Go plat Fallout4 without an ssd and them come back.

It's not the same you retard

The SSD has 4-8 chips of higher grade memory to access in parallel while the sd card is a single slower chip that isn't even close to the same durability.

Well to be fair microSD cards are accessed in parallel when in RAID0, but it's still much shittier than an SSD

whats more amusing than the guaranteed replies is the fact that several people have tried sd cards in raid to replace a hard drive before

obviously this does not work and you know why.

Performance of pretty much all SD cards are well below the level of even the most basic desktop SSDs. Even high performance SD cards loose out to Mechanical hard drives.

Incredibly.

Newer games are recommending SSD installs as a minimum now
I mean this is like 8 years of anti-memes, there's no reason to not have used an SSD at this point