>Sup Forums: "mac is for noobs lol"
>watch a docu about most cutting edge deep learning tech in the world
>literally every AI engineer in the docu has a MacBook

explain this, Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>what is front-end

they're all corporate shills, running Linux or only doing it so their normie audience can relate to them

macOS is for animefeet

They use them for text editing and other frontend tasks, essentially.

doesnt take the fact that they're still faggots

Corporate shills?
DeepMind is Google not Apple

yeah but still

Mac runs on a linux kernal and work perrty good. Brew works alright but apt and yum are better

>Mac runs on a linux kernal
please be bait

Its like using Linux's power and versatility in a very polished package.

Wow another no nothing college kid shit posting on Sup Forums about hating mac because it's so cool to hate mac and like chinkpad. Yes it uses a linux kernal you absolute nob

1. A Mac is a device.
2. The kernel is XNU and mean literally "X is Not Unix"
3. I have an asus x751ln
4. I'm out of college for over 10 years
5. fuck you

Lol macOS uses XNU which is nothing like the Linux kernel. They don't have even close to the same design.
I think you meant to say that macOS is Unix-based.

nice meme :^)

Go to any Silicon Valley startup. If you can find more than 2 software devs using a non-Macbook, you've found a unicorn.

Trojans for Mac work better in cases when the macfag thinks he's actually safe.

>using Linux's power
UNIX power.

Don't they overheat like crazy and throttle?

'UNIX' is not an operating system.

in short: COMMON SENSE 2018 PRE-ALPHA BETA IS REQUIRED TO USE ANY COMPUTER WITH ANY OS. >:3

No, where'd you get that information?

Sure it isn't, kid
*pats lil' head*

>"""""""""""""""""""engineers''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' working in 100% pure distilled meme ´´´technology``` are using macbooks

pottery if you ask me m'lord.

advertisting + event organisation vs the probably like 6 guys who actually do the AI

>neural networks are a meme
user pls

They were in the 70's what changed?

More computational power. RSA was deemed a meme by UK intelligence in 70s. It works now.

Being a proficient professional does not imply that you know your way around computers

I can give you multiple examples, MD's, lawyers, accountants.

OK a Machine learning dev should know their way around computers, right, RIGHT?? No matey, thats not the way the world works.

Ever heard that phrase "doctor are the worst patients"? Well, after years of IT field work, lemme tell you, some devs are the worst IT users.

Or let me put it that in a mundane way: Being proficient and useful in one field of human knowledge doesnt imply that you can excel at another one. You know, like Michael Jordan sucking big time at golf

It is not a single operating system. You cannot 'install "UNIX"' onto your machine. It is a family of standard-sharing operating systems you stupid cunt.

Can you explain the problem? If these gentlemen use macOS for what they need to do, and it works, how are they wrong in what they're doing? Are you just a retarded poor autist?

>t. mactoddler

Much like how Linux isn't an operating system and is, instead, another free component comprising a complete operating system as defined by POSIX?

Yes.

Oh you got me with the UNIX vs Unix autismo rant.
Good job. Run along now.
*pats head and sends you back to the kids table*

You can code and compile shit on just about any machine. The exact same thing can be done on a computer running Linux or Windows, it doesn't matter. Doesn't mean that OSX isn't a barely usable piece of shit for hipsters, nor does it change the fact that MacBooks have mediocre specs compared to other laptops of the same price range and build quality. Try again.

they are doing important work and want to use a reliable operating system, and they want to do it on something other than linux. Windows is not an option, these guys aren't gaymers.

Post wallpaper fampai

>implying
>implying everywhewre
OP is asking for an explanation of the "conflicting" situation of some devs using macs.

So, some devs using macs doesnt automatically validate the rest of the userbase.

Or some devs using it changes my point of view on the platform? no, it does not.

If mac serves their purpose, good for them.

>*pats head and sends you back to the kids table*

This isn't Reddit. Fuck off, retard.

from based manlet

MBP is great as long as you don't have to pay for it.
Given that any non-shit job would supply you with a laptop of your choosing, price becomes a non-issue for any professional.

He had me at "Reballing is BULLSHIT!"

Based Louis

>price becomes a non-issue for any professional.
This.

Why settle for throttling overheating apple trash when you don't have to?

>explain this, Sup Forums
Poorfags, burger-flipping teenagers and children addicted to video games.

You forgot the mid 2000's era hobbyist/white box builder/PC repair guy that loves to hold on to the past.

speaking of doctors, I think you should see one

I don't care what anyone says about the OS, their hardware is top tier for laptops

>throttling housefire trash
>top tier

This is how delusional mactoddlers are.

>Doesn't mean that OSX isn't a barely usable piece of shit for hipsters
>a barely usable piece of shit
>a barely usable
>barely usable

please fuck off and come back when you have something worthwhile to say

Linus runs Linux on a Mac. As do a lot of Kernel devs...

no

I worked at a tech company that did all Macs. Here's the real reason.

Tech companies already know you as a programmer want a UNIX/Linux OS. OSX provides that. But buying all MacBooks for your employees WAAAYYY simplifies IT administration. Instead of having 5,000 people with different Linux distribution, everybody is just on one OS.

Security is another big issue at the corporate level. OSX arguably will be updated faster than any Linux distribution if a major security vulnerability is made public, which in many companies' cases can end up costing millions when a major bug is actually used as an exploit.

There are many more reasons companies use MacBooks, but when you get down to it, when you're equipping thousands of people who each cost your company 150k a year and carry around billions in intellectual property, you consider more things than initial laptop purchase cost.

>OSX
It's called macOS, not OS X.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacOS

>t. mactoddler

>I worked at a tech company that did all Macs.
You mean like IBM did?

Even saying it's Unix-based wouldn't make sense when talking about the kernel since XNU is a recursive abbreviation that means XNU is Not Unix.

Gay team
Like we bleeding edge of design
But i use mac os cuz i think différent
But same a millions of people lolz
Running linux in WM

My company in Austin has all macs now, formerly had dell precision laptops. I heard the reasoning was that Apple has a better kickback for the execs. Dev teams were mostly happy because muh status Macbook but performance clearly isn't up to participate with a workstation.

>apple
>giving kickbacks
Is this a post-jobs thing?

/g is full of poor kids raised by single moms on welfare who cant afford Apple products.

>t. mactoddler

They're too dumb to install/maintain GNU/Linux, so they have to settle with OS X.

/thread

Commercial UNIX has always been better than freetard clones of it.

>t. mactoddler

it's attractive hardware

it doesn't matter what your system is when you you interactive with a code repo and all the software is running on a linux vm or docker image in a datacenter somewhere

Then why wouldn't they run chromebooks with a terminal emulator?

>it's attractive hardware

Spotted the dick sucker.

They were paid to use MacBooks in the film.

This.

Apple's software """"engineers"""" are street shitting curryniggers, their hardware engineers are literal brain dead morons that can't make a proper cooling system, or a phone that doesn't bend or explode, but you have to give Apple one thing, their marketing department knows how to sell product.

>OSX arguably will be updated faster than any Linux distribution if a major security vulnerability is made public
>shellshock
jej

other laptops just happen to be worse

Literally even acer is better than apple trash.

they are more concerned with content than the container.
If you like using some tool, it appeals to you and your output doesn't matter on what you use, do whatever, cause no one cares. Except Sup Forums.
Grow up.

Thats just front end shit.

Its kind of like construction. Youve got the good looking guys in suits who do the negotiations and the ugly guys in hard hats that do the actual construction.

cant believe people are still trying to use this crap as bait

the reason why they use mac is because of the unix system and they prefer it compared to linux is because it is supported professionally and they dont have to compile their own driver whenever they plug their shit into something

Unix is literally an operating system you dumb cunt. It's just been made into a standard.

You can use Vim on Macs and have access to GNU utilities just like on Linux. This isn't something freetards like to admit. Some of us use both macOS and Linux because beneath the surface, they have many similarities.

>they prefer it compared to linux is because it is supported professionally and they dont have to compile their own driver whenever they plug their shit into something

Do you retards even know what Red Hat is?

>Mac runs on a linux kernal
kys
It's FreeBSD + Mach

>supported professionally

By which you mean "there's a warranty on hardware and software and some semblance of duty to the customer by the company."

Because you know if a software engineer puts Linux on a Latitude, if/when it breaks he'll be talking to an Indian guy named "Steve" for hours or days trying to get service done.

None of these people buy Macs because they particularly like Apple, but because it's not a fucking crapshoot trying to get things fixed.

>getting information from Louis Rossman
>pompous shrimp idiot who's only decent at motherboard repair
>something any pajeet can do

God Sup Forums loves to suck the dick of anyone who merely presents themselves as any level of neckbeard in front of a camera and parrots their average mannerisms.

>why is my CPU pinned at 100% when compiling source code!! omg maks r so shit never again fuk u steev jobs

Who the fuck would compile software on a laptop? It seems that the problem is you, you the retard and not the machine.

and who pays you to act like a autistic kid online?

What is Photoshop for $600 Alex?

Hating apple is very popular amongst autistic 15 year olds and manchildren

They're great for taking notes on. As you can see in your picture.
>not coding or doing any work, just on webpages and typing notes

>Who the fuck would compile software on a laptop? It seems that the problem is you, you the retard and not the machine.
>b-but you actually tried to be productive with your (((((premium)))) laptop so it's your fault
>implying the fact that it throttles when CPU usage is %100 isn't embarassing and means that the design is bad
>damage controlling this much

Pure (((autism)))

macos is the literally last true unix in common use you fucking asstwat of a moron

>can't come up with arguments
>b-but autism

Have a (You)

Have a (autism)

Oh wait you already have it

>>implying the fact that it throttles when CPU usage is %100 isn't embarassing and means that the design is bad

'Productivity', ah yes, its doing what you want isn't it? It can't defy the laws of physics you know. I don't know why I'm being baited but, any laptop which gets pinned at 100% CPU utilization for a little bit will begin to throttle. No laptops are meant to dissipate heat for prolonged periods, you fucking moron. Why don't you go configure your rainbow LEDs on your Martianware X17 Classified XTr3EME.

Alternatively, you can show me a laptop that doesn't thermally throttle when compiling code. I'll wait.

>It's called macOS, not OS X.
Depends which version you are talking about.

(((Panjesh))) please

Mac offers a sleek, POSIX-compliant environment with decent hardware and an OS that just werks. A lot of the benefits of Linux without having to do stupid shit like edit xorg.conf or hand-exit hexadecimal just to get wireless working (true story when i installed ubuntu on a newer thinkpad)

>No laptops are meant to dissipate heat for prolonged periods, you fucking moron
>my shiny toy can't do it so no laptop on the market can do it

You sound upset user. Even my N53SM with a 2670qm(45w TDP) doesnt throttle under full load, in fact it even turboes a little bit and the temps never exceed 90C.
You seem to forget that there are laptops designed with functionality in mind.