Why have people been led to believe that the RX480 isn't enough for 4k gaming?

Why have people been led to believe that the RX480 isn't enough for 4k gaming?

because it isn't

How so? The 290X was intended to be a 4k card and the 480 is more powerful.

The 290x sucks at 4k too you nitwit.

It's enough to play 4k tho.

If you like 30fps gaming

uhhhhhhh. if a held a gun to your head and made you choose gtx 460 or rx480. whichin you choosin?

What does that have to do with it being good at 4k gaming?

No, you can get 60fps at 4k on most games.

I still game on a 750 ti, gayming is for faggots though and 99percent of games you want to play are older and work on anything

>lowest quality
No thanks.

Aside from AA (which isn't needed), everything maxed out.

do you have a single benchmark to back that up you shitnugget?

>i still game
>gayming is for faggots
what a faggot

I'm actually working on them right now. Several games are averaging at least 60.

My GTX 1080 at 2,012mhz isn't even able to hit 4K 60fps at high+ settings in newer games.
Even fucking overwatch at 4K runs 55fps

A 480 is a 1080p GPU possibly med settings 1440P

Are you turning AA off?

290x was never intended for 4k. It came out at a time when 1080p max settings at stable 60fps was delegated to the high end. It couldn't even do 1440p max 60 in a lot of games in its prime.
Even my fury struggles to get above 30fps at 4k in new games. In fact I think even the 1080 has trouble keeping a solid 60 in some games at 4k.

no it fucking wasn't
I don't know where you got your information

it could only do 12 fps at 4k on crysis 3

As a r9 fury owner I can tell you, you're a retard. Even I can't play 4k 60fps. There is no way a 290x is doing it.

Well yes
people don't seem to realize how demanding 4K really is.

>but muh ps4 pro with rx 480 can play games at upscaled 4k 30 fps so it must be a 4k capable gpu r-right

I have a 1600x900 monitor, so I can't get to 4k with 200% VSR, but I can get to 3200x1800 and Doom, CoD IW, and Overwatch all ran at 60+ with AA off.

Once I set in a good OC, I don't see how 4k is impossible on a 480.

The PS4 pro is using polaris 11, not polaris 10. The 480 is significantly more powerful.

30fps is more than enough

Because it isn't if you want to run on good settings.

Most games were made before 2010.

>Silky smooth 30 fps ultra details gaming
or
>60 fps at medium/low details so you can see those pixelated shitty quality shadows and effect in all their glory on your 4k monitor!

It's absolutely retarded to sacrifice details in order to play on higher resolutions, I can understand if its only slightly noticeable like dropping shadows from ultra to high but downgrading shit like LOD or foliage is plain retardation. Both 480 RX and 290X aren't capable of 4k gaming.

>3200x1080

That's not a real 4K user...

Because people who want to play in 4k want more than 30fps and medium settings

1800* muh bad. Also AA is still needed to some degree. 2XMSAA is still gonna be noticeable. Mostly because you would usually go for larger monitor in order to use 4K and larger monitor means lower pixel density.

What about games released after 2010?

>RX480
>4k
I can't get solid 60fps@1440p on witcher even with a 1080 GTX

>people don't seem to realize how demanding 4K really is.
they do, but they're paid shills who trick idiots into thinking these gpus can game at high res

480 barely runs last years games at 1080p
anything above that it's a stutterfest

Benchmarks please. My 1080s in sli just about handle all in 4k

Every top end card since Hawaii and Maxwell have been touted as 4K cards when used in x-fire/SLI, doesn't mean it's necessarily true

why would you want 4K gaming?