Is this the future?

Is this the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.ntpsec.org/2017/01/18/rust-vs-go.html
golang.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>php
>future

Replace NGiNX with Apache or IIS, and you've got your answer.

>Let's build a programming language on a web browser's JavaScript engine
>what could possibly go wrong?

Also: Callback, the programming language.

Apache and IIS are both huge garbage pits in comparison to nginx.

Apache feels old and outdated with a thousand modules and giant ass xml config files.

IIS is similar except worse. It runs on windows, which introduces a load of shitty window specifics -- absolutely terrible.

With nginx you've got one NON xml based file, in a simple structure that has good documentation.

The only thing nginx is missing is a web.config or .htaccess feature, and if you really need that you could just set up a reverse proxy from Apache to nginx, but that's a pretty specific use case.

Nginx > Apache > shit > IIS

>programming language on a web browser's JavaScript engine

what difference does it make, it'sjust an interperter like php or python.

>Also: Callback, the programming language.

callbacks aren't a thing anymore in node, you have native promises, or async/await with the --harmony flag

rust is the future for web development

whatever the future is, it's containerless, so who cares what the reverse proxy is?

yep

what would you need .htaccess? it's extremely slow and has to check every directory for every request
you can just use statements inside the server-config itself

kek

Stop being retarded. JavaScript is the language to focus on. Its status as the language of the web means implementations will receive substantial investment in performance and features. The language itself is developing and if you ignore the (ever-decreasing) implementation inconsistency its actually pretty nice.

There are problems with Node, such as its single-threaded event loop. JavaScript isn't one of them.

I really doubt it.

Java with Spring isn't going anywhere, and neither is C# on ASP.net, Ruby, Python and node.js.

PHP is kinda fucked because it's the low bar where any idiot can come and do stuff.
This means that any idiot can and will write stackoverflow answers. This shapes the community.

PHP isn't elitist enough. At least Java-users can demand that you set up Hibernate as a rite of passage.

Java isn't the real star though. The JVM is.

rust is the future of anal fisting technology.

blog.ntpsec.org/2017/01/18/rust-vs-go.html

Rust is actually a real innovation in the systems programming department. Go competes with scripting languages while Rust competes with C. They're not even in the same league.

>bullshit
fuck off klabnik.

How is it bullshit? What I said is the opinion of the people who created both languages you dipshit.

Well, if Play gets more popular, I'd certainly add Scala to the list of languages that aren't going away anytime soon.

But Java 8 is actually pretty nice. And Java has some things that C# doesn't have, like actual enums.

Java is an OK language, certainly not the nightmare Sup Forums kids make it out to be. The key feature though is being able to use an entire ecosystem of software that targets the JVM, which languages such as Clojure, Scala and JRuby can do.

Some absurd things are happening on top of the JVM, such as the Truffle interpreters being able to execute C nearly as fast as code generated by traditional compilers. This is good news for JRuby and its pack of C extensions.

Yes.

Nobody uses that.

>PHP7
no

lol. what the fuck.

>cold fusion
>dreamweaver

i don't know where you got that retarded chart from

you're looking at growth, not market share.

if theres one node job now and 3 in next year i'd be off your chart.

> .htaccess feature

> Checking every directory every single request for new .htaccess
> Checking every single .htaccess for updates every single request

>Python community too busy arguing about py2 vs py3
>meanwhile PHP 7 experiencing record adoption

feels good man

>and neither is C# on ASP.net,
fammm have you ever see the ASP.NET Core? basically the Java and NodeJS Killer

Haskellscript is the future.
OOcucks need not reply.

I'm too busy to reply, I have a job.

nginx yes
php no

the future (present,e ven) is literally "stick nginx in front of whatever backend you're using"

you should check out .NET core. the new ASP is just heaps better. hell they ditched XML altogether in favor of JSON.

To apply configurations to multiple Apache sites at once

This retarded looking Gopher is handling millions of concurrent connections on a single machine and basically you're fucking retarded. How? Find out by clicking this link golang.org/

JS should deflate within the next couple of years. It's a terrible language spec.

Instead we'll be compiling code to an IL like asm.js and any language with a working compiler will be capable of browser-side scripting.

Having one language for front and back end isn't a terrible idea. But putting JS in the back end to achieve that is.

if you're gonna use a hipster garbage language with no ecosystem for "muh concurrency" you should go with elixir tb᠎h

elixir handles concurrency much better. go is better than, say, java, but it's not really "the best" at anything. at all.

please stop using and shilling this pointless language. i know you do it just because you suck google's cock

> JavaScript is the language to focus on
lmao

>hipster garbage language
Go isn't a hipster language anymore.

it is compared to things like Java, JavaScript, python, php, etc.

elixir is slightly less popular than go but if great concurrency is your goal then use that instead

I like Elixir even though I've never written anything serious with it but my big problem with it is that its standard library is painfully empty compared to Go's.
I know that it can use erlang libs directly but finding The One(tm) is often a time-consuming task that I'd rather not have to deal with.
Finally, having learned programming with C, the imperative style of Go makes me much more productive with it.

>elixir is slightly less popular than go
fuck off with your hipster garbage

it's going to be dead in 2 years

elixir (or erlang rather) is very mature and it's not going anywhere

>better than Java

You wish kid. Call me when your little thread-pooled runtime can match the trillions fhat went into the high-performance extremely scalable Java implementations.