How come phones haven't really advanced that much in the last 5 years than they had in the previous 5 years before that?

How come phones haven't really advanced that much in the last 5 years than they had in the previous 5 years before that?

nigga we are in 2017

they run facebok messenger quite well now, no point to advance beyond that.

normie genocide when

Have you seen modern phone cameras when compared to old shit?

>haven't advanced
You mean you had a 6 inch octocore monster phone without a headphone jack and an microsd slot in 2012?

Who gives a fuck about the camera

People who have eyes and don't have Downes syndrome.

Because shitty ISPs force them to sign contracts to make their phones shit on purpose. Go to china, android in the USA is stagnating. China is a free market and android phones are as they should be and not permanently stuck in 2012.

I already have a good MILC

I don't need a dedicated selfie camera

Pay attention idiot

But they have. Phones like the oneplus 3T have over 400 GFLOPS of FP32 on the GPU and about the same performance as 2GHz laptop i3 processors.

That's a fuckload of processing powering for a fucking phone.

They hit a wall where there isnt really much to improve on. And the few times they did try to innovate it flopped. Samsung's edge design, Apples watches, etc.

Most of the real issue are developers for the platforms. 99% of mobile devs are indie or just out of college with barely any coding experience trying to make a quick buck with shitty apps. The rest of the apps are corporate as hell and therefore must be as uniform as possible to fit all platforms.

The only "phone" techs that have caught on, are ironically not phones at all (tablets and so on).

We are also at that point where all the major companies are already established so what point is there for them to innovate when they already control the market? China and India cannot innovate because they must do everything as first cheap as possible which means $0 into R&D which means copying existing designs.

normal, functioning members of society you NEET scum

i wish i had an original droid with the specs that my s7 has. still not over the loss of the slide out keyboard

but in the real world that makes no actual significant difference to the end user. all specs are good for is benchracing on Sup Forums

>he carries a second device for a camera when his phone has one built in

Kek, do you also carry a calendar and pager grandpa?

>but in the real world that makes no actual significant difference to the end user. all specs are good for is benchracing on Sup Forums
No it gives room for devs to make better games. As time goes on graphics for android games are guaranteed to improve because the hardware will improve.

in 2 years nintendo switch games will look like dogshit compared to whatever android games are released then.

phones are not designed to play games, and if they are they are shit because they can't fit in pockets or be held with one hand.

Because Steve Jobs is dead.

Yes.
My old Nokia 6500 takes better images than my M9.

The Megapixel race is retarded.
It's all about the sensor.
And packing 20MP into a tiny sensor isn't gonna be as good as the 3.2MP Carl Zeiss.

>normal, functioning members of society
Why does Sup Forums give a fuck about phone cameras then?

>tfw cell infrastructure is still the same old shit with crappy call quality and constantl drop outs

I hate the stupid "there's an app for that!" trend of the mobile revolution. Now even desktop websites want you to install some shitty app that is usually lacking in features even compared to mobile shit.

I don't even have any apps on my iphone 5 because I hate having to update shit all the fucking time and having worthless shit running in the background hogging bandwidth and sucking down battery life.

Working people only care about getting their calls and emails+web, not taking selfies you fucking starbucks hipstershit.

Oh look, a brainless NEET who doesn't know any better.

My Nokia N900 with it's "Carl Zeiss" lens took shitty pictures, far worse than my RN3P and that thing is considered shit camera

This.
My zuk z2 pro takes much better images than my Nexus 5 and has a much faster shutter speed/less delay.

Just like my Nexus 5 took significantly better images than my xperia x10 mini pro.

Also it's great that panorama images aren't cropped down anymore.

>SD820 claimed to be on par with an xbox 360
>battery life has gone up from 2-3 hours SoT to 7-8 hours SoT
>Cat 6 LTE
>USB type C 3.1 is becoming mainstream
>UFS storage, and micro SD up to 2TB
>cameras are taking much better images
>fhd or 2k screens now as opposed to 240x320 or 480x800 resolution screens
>screen size has gone up from 3.5 inch with 50% screen to body ratio to 5 inch with 75% screen to body ratio
>edgeless screens
>flawless screen casting

There's probably more but I can't be fucked until I have some breakfast.

Phones have been flying backward since keyboards died.

Enjoy your shiny drink coasters and cake slicers, Sup Forumstards.