1 Idiot vs 2 Cisco E-Switches

Hello friends, long time lurker here but today I need your help.

I have 2x Cisco WS-C6503-E Switches here, I am trying to sell them but I need to send the command "show inv" to them as a buyer wants to see it. I've googled for a while and I feel like I'm on the right tracks, but Im stuck as I can't seem to find

A. A name of the switch
B. An IP for it

So, just now I have it on. Got my laptop plugged into the console port and I've got the console port mode set to the right one based of cisco page. I've got the terminal emulator on the laptop but to connect I need an IP for it, where/how can I find it? Do I need to join
it the switch to our actual network?

c o n f u s e d

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/cisco-console-cable-serial-db9-rj45-/332071773430?hash=item4d510524f6:g:bIQAAOSw44BYXnln
cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/12043-pswdrec-6000.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

uhhh

If you're trying to console in via a console port you don't need an IP address. You should just select the serial option and select the proper COM port.

I would highly suggest that you use Tera Term. Normally COM3 is the proper console cable for me.

Its not got a com port I'm using console port with ethernet cable, I also have Tera Term installed on laptop. It says "Tera Term Web 3.1" is that the right one?

You need a serial/console cable to access any sort of Cisco equipment.

Access via VTY is disabled by default. You would have to first gain access through a console port and then enable and configure VTY access.

Tried com ports on tera term 1 thru 5, just a quick one, this will work with a standard ethernet cable of do i need to an adapter from rj45 to serial on the laptop?

you NEED a serial/console cable plugged into a console port

Pajeet, why don't you call your cousin in tech support?

>serial/console
Serial / Console being RJ45 / Serial? Excuse my ignorance I have 0 experience with this stuff.

I live in the Greatest of Britains and I am white as a milkybar dont call me pajeet you amerifat burger

>Got my laptop plugged into the console port and I've got the console port mode set to the right one based of cisco page. I've got the terminal emulator on the laptop but to connect I need an IP for it, where/how can I find it?
What? Do you know how to use a terminal emulator? Are you think retarded?

>Its not got a com port I'm using console port with ethernet cable,
Its a serial port you retard, you need a special cisco console cable, they're light blue.

With that said at least on the catalyst 3k series there is a way to reset them to defaults, and they will self assign themselves a known static IP. I can only assume there is a similar procedure for that

reminds me of an old job I worked at when I was into IT when the entire department tried to out bluff me when I showed them why something wasn't working, they had never heard of a public/private IP address and their bullshit story was to say, if I have to learn this new "public" address thing, who's to say there won't be more types, and we should just stay ignorant and only use this private ip address thing I happen to know about

yes, either a serial cable or a Cisco proprietary "Rollover" console cable (which they recommend).

>What? Do you know how to use a terminal emulator? Are you think retarded?
Im trying in "Show Inv" and then screencapping the result to my buyer, trying to learn here.

>Its not got a com port I'm using console port with ethernet cable,
Its a serial port you retard, you need a special cisco console cable, they're light blue.

Will this work? ebay.co.uk/itm/cisco-console-cable-serial-db9-rj45-/332071773430?hash=item4d510524f6:g:bIQAAOSw44BYXnln

>ebay.co.uk/itm/cisco-console-cable-serial-db9-rj45-/332071773430?hash=item4d510524f6:g:bIQAAOSw44BYXnln
Yes, you'll need a USB to serial adapter too if you dont have a DB9 serial port on your laptop

this

the USB to console work just fine

Thank all you neckbeards very much, cable ordered we all good now.

"Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team" My ass lmao

>Every fat particle in the loser vibrates as he lets out a really loud and fat "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHH"
>gets on knees in front of clients actually trying to make money
>the great autisimo attempts to talk to to the ASA to get it to change its mind about being too new/good
>"...THEY BLEW IT UP.... I'M A PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!"
>pants are destroyed, police are called but they just kill themselves in the parking lot

G r a n d
T h e f t
A u t i s m o

kys pajeet

>posts a picture of something other than a cat6500
the supervisor module on it doesnt have one you retard.

And here is how you reset the passwords on them too
cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/12043-pswdrec-6000.html

jamal just give them back where you stole them from

It recycling company is not stealing bro