Help me identify this model. A guy is selling this very cheap. I'm thinking of buying it

Help me identify this model. A guy is selling this very cheap. I'm thinking of buying it.

screen dimension?

probably some SL model.
what price?

170usd. The ad doesn't especifies the model thought.

any more pics?

Yes, this one.

It is L420. I have one btw not as good as T420

It's an SL410.

Not even a real thinkpad.

yea it's a SL.
it's not worth it, you can get a T5XX for that money.

Processor is T400 Generation, which is about 7 years old. That Trackpoint latout is closer to the T410 though. So probably around 5-6 years old. I've pulled better out of the garbage, but as long as you're just browsing it will be fine. Don't know if I'd spend more than 150$ on it, and even then only if the battery was serviceable.

Spend 30$ more and get an x220 or t420

Oh, thanks. Maybe I should buy one with a i5 processor. What are your thoughts about the X220? X220 or a T420?

>170 usd
>cheap

Definitely looks 14" and I see a very rough pixelated 4 at "SL".

Either than SL 400 or SL 410.

Much better choices. It boils down between personal preference between the two since the X220 is an 'ultraportable'

I'm giving an old T420 to a friend of mine. It can run Overwatch pretty well and GTA5 Online, albeit in AIDs graphics. They're pretty good. New batteries also have wicked lifespans if you tune power consumption accordingly.

DonĀ“t buy L420 get T420 or X220 instead they are much better

Way too expensive for a pre Sandy Bridge model. Go get a X220 or T420 for a lot more performance for the price.

I have an X220. I wouldn't mind a T420, but what compelled me to get an X220 instead was the fact that they readily come in IPS versions.

X220 then. I like small gadgets. I'm putting a EVO 850 SSD aswell. Thanks, Sup Forumsuys.

you welcome, pro tip get one with IPS screen

There is also the slice battery option, which attaches to the bottom and increases capacity further.