/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of fucking March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Moto G5 Plus specs confirmed: Snapdragon 625, 4GB RAM, 32GB storage, Android 7.0 Nougat
gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g5_plus_specs_confirmed_by_cpuz_bonus_phone_photos-news-22848.php

Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) passes FCC certification
gsmarena.com/galaxy_j7_2017_passes_fcc_certification-news-22846.php

Samsung Galaxy S8's Bixby virtual assistant will recognize products and text
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8s_bixby_virtual_assistant_will_recognize_products_and_text-blog-22849.php

iPhone 8 wireless charging 'confirmed' by a new report
gsmarena.com/iphone_8_wireless_charging_confirmed_by_a_new_report-news-22857.php

Nokia P1 to be announced at next month’s MWC in Barcelona
androidcommunity.com/nokia-p1-to-be-announced-at-next-months-mwc-in-barcelona-20170118/

Asus ZenFone 4 smartphones to be launched in May
phonearena.com/news/Asus-ZenFone-4-smartphones-to-be-launched-in-May_id90202

old

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.saschawillems.glescapsviewer&hl=en
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_phone
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_563920.html
ebay.com/itm/Moto-Z-Droid-play-Verizon-32GB-Black-Silver-SMARTPHONE-/252732112455?hash=item3ad801fe47:g:ZYsAAOSwnHZYgVMm
youtube.com/watch?v=otwED6s3rCQ
gsmarena.com/nougat_update_for_the_sony_xperia_z5_mysteriously_withdrawn-news-22879.php
huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/11/iphone-users-have-more-se_n_678291.html
blog.okcupid.com/index.php/dont-be-ugly-by-accident/
gsmarena.com/bq_aquaris_x5_plus-8236.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Friendly reminder to help developers utilize your device's capabilities by getting the OpenGL ES CapsViewer app and uploading the report

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.saschawillems.glescapsviewer&hl=en

what is the best feature phone 2016-2017 ?

note 7. It explodes in your face

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feature_phone

:P

Got a chance to buy either Xiaomeme Mi Max or RN3P for the same price. They are nearly same hardware-wise and I'm inclined for the bigger display, howerer damn, 6,44 is so large. All reviewers say it is only a matter of time to get used to it, but shit. Is Mi Max good, no secret shittery?

When i hit Upload it says Error.

So i got this phone today: gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_563920.html

Haven't used it much yet, but damn. It's a nice fucking chink phone. Comes with the global rom. Huge fucking battery so it's a bit heavy.

AIEK E1

I had an Asha 500 exclusively for whatsapp, my parents refuse to use regular sms or even LINE and my phones are always fully degoogled, and even if they weren't i would give the zuck my phone number.

Whatsapp dropped support for it like a year ago and i had to throw it into the trash but it was pretty decent, battery lasted forever.

I'm posting this again, because I didn't get any helpful answers in last thread.

I'm tempted to buy this Moto Z play on ebay, it's $345.
Do you think it's worth it for the price?
Has any one here ever used a Moto z?

>ebay.com/itm/Moto-Z-Droid-play-Verizon-32GB-Black-Silver-SMARTPHONE-/252732112455?hash=item3ad801fe47:g:ZYsAAOSwnHZYgVMm

Oh damn, that must be why there haven't been any reports since Jan 1st. I get the error too. I'll try to get in touch with the developer about this.

well fa/g/gots you ready to buy your 128gb OP3T's?? I'm sick of waiting so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on a 64gb and I know as soon as I do the 128s will be in stock

They're both great phones and pretty much identical in terms of specs. It comes down to whether you prefer 5.5" or 6.44". Neither is going to be comfortable to use onehanded.

Hell yeah it is, great battery, 5.5" 1080p AMOLED, actually visible if you're outside, 3/32 SD625 ($150 chinkphone tier, but lenovorola comes with great software and build quality) and type c, it already got nougat in a lot of places so you don't have to bother with a custom rom.

Normal price is $350 on almost all stores so unless it's more expensive in your country and you're absolutely sure it isn't a used/refurbished one go for it.

What would be better, to buy newer phone like Samsung C7 and A7 (both 2016), Z3 and Z3+?

Priorities are snappy performance, screen and battery life in that order. Also id like phone that will not overheat (which could remove z3 from list?) I hoped id get all this in g3 3gb that i had before. I didn't. Screen is really really sharp, but bland at the same time, its reasonably fast, but skin and animations seem too heavy when compared with qhd display and s801. Biggest problem however was heat. I cant stand having phone that is hot all the time.

there should be
>or older flagship like
after the coma

Ya, Asha was one of the best series of phones.

Awesome, thanks user. I think I'll pull the trigger.

Buy a galaxy S5, put a custom rom on it and get an extended battery, all those phones are ass.

Dang youtube.com/watch?v=otwED6s3rCQ

>Samsung
>snappy performance

I'm pretty close to ordering one, still mulling it over

brother has i9506, it is snappier than my g3 was and i guess with newer version of touchwiz they are worth taking a look at?

Definitely a good buy. I'd recommend it. The mods are dank

My only complaint is no headphone jack, but I only listen to music from my phone in my truck, where I use an adapter, or I use Bluetooth

Moto Z Play has a headphone jack

First impressions:

Fast and feels snappy.
Build quality feels good, but it's a bit heavy so it could be shit.
The UI looks a bit gay.
Finger print sensor is faster than on my Nexus 5X.
The led/flashlight got a bit of a yellow colur.
Takes forever to charge cos the battery is big.
Screen is nice as fuck.
No backlit keys, but only retards need that.

You got the Redmi 4 ? Not the redmi 4 Pro?

Pretty sure it's still on marshmallow, I read it's getting nougat in March 2017

Look at the link. They call it Redmi 4, but other calls it prime, so i don't really know.

you have the prime version since you got it with 3gb of ram and 32 gb of rom and the sd 625.

How is the sound from the headphonejack?

More impressions:

The translation to Norwegian is bad and sometimes funny and gay.
Gearbest says that it don't come with global rom, but it does.
The gray colour is nice as fuck.

I haven't tried that one yet. It got a lot of settings for the headphone jack though. I haven't seen that on other phones.

>funny and gay
Yup, that's Norwegian

Well shit, I bought the wrong Moto z.

I mean the general soundquality.

No idea. You need some audiophile bastard to test that out for you. He will only recommend that you get some 1000 dollar tube dac or something, so don't trust him.

I need a good phone for AT&T that I can use for at least the next couple of years. What should I get? Is the Pixel a meme?

What's the best fucking phone nowadays? Won't go higher than 500-600 USD. I had the One Plus 3 and the ZTE Axon 7 in mind but I'm not sure

I'm sure you can check if it sounds like shit or like an everyday smartphone / mp3 player.

mi note 2

why does this general exist again? it's barely about smartphones, more about answering retards who can't make up their own mind when purchasing an item

there are a bunch at 5.0" if that's not too big for you

arm windows 10 with x86 emulation when?

How do I properly compare smartphones to find the best bang for buck and determine what's shit and what's not

kimovil

I wanna try this again
Are there any GOOD phones that are

does not exist. Unless you want to get a s4 mini. x compact would be something you want.

Moto G3/G4

Testing with some Beyerdynamics DT770. Sounds great. Didn't fuck around with the setting, but they probably only put on niggahbass.

>Moto G3/G4
They're 5"

I'm in the same boat and there really is only the Xperia X Compact @ 4.6", for a hefty price because there is 0 competition

I literally just did this an hour ago.
I'm tired of waiting and will just have to manage.

Last night my Note 3 managed to die while it was plugged in and my alarm reset, and then charge itself back up to 58%. I don't have any more time to wait, this thing is about to croak.

Is there an app that allows me to quickly disable my lockscreen? Like a button in the quick settings.

Thinking of going for the Huawei ShotX, are these any good for the money?

Is the OP3T genuinely the best you can get for relative value and bang for your buck right now or am I being rused by shills?

I've been looking into it and for me it's the best bang for my buck phone that stays closest to stock android.

I'm sure there are better VALUE phones out there but they would lack the warranty, software, capacitive buttons, and charging speeds of the OP3T.

Alright. Good to know!

Another owner of redmi 4 prime here. It sounds quite good for a phone I would say. Though the speakers are shit just so you know.

Ok. I've never tried them and never use them.

I'm happy with the 4g signal, cos i was a bit worried about that since i live in the middle of nowhere.

All in all this went better than expected, and this phone is probably nice as fuck if you don't wanna pay too much. End of impressions lol.

Ok. One more.

It's a bit easier to use with one hand than the Nexus 5X. It's a bit fatter but feels a bit smaller. The Nexus stock Android experience is better though IMO. I havent tried the camera and that shit yet, and i hardly use it.

In this comparison it actually clears the test the fastest out of the three But that's just one specific kind of gimmick test

Here's something a bit different, do you use some kind of protective case and what kinds? I'm looking at some of these like I almost prefer them to the standard appearance. I guess the metal and glass everywhere is getting boring so these plastic shells actually look refreshing

I never liked the all glass, glossy surface shit.

I don't like protective cases at all.

gsmarena.com/nougat_update_for_the_sony_xperia_z5_mysteriously_withdrawn-news-22879.php

I've used my current phone for 3 years without a case, first time ever. It's destroyed, but it's a samsung so their chrome plated plastic edges have been what's keeping it together, dents and all.

I just bought a OP3T today and I'm really liking the minimal rosewood shell they offer. I imagine they're super flimsy and will really just protect against everyday wear and tear, no drops, but I still think it looks nice.

>brings us the endless wondering

Is pic related phone still viable in 2017?

>tfw I'm upgrading to a op3t from a samsung galaxy s2 which I've had since it came out, it great condition aside from a few nicks and bumps on the edges
I feel like it's served me well enough to be put to rest and justify splurging on a decent contemporary model.
It's gotten slow and unreliable lately too. Maybe I'll just root it since it has the ebin haxxor wifi card that you can't get in phones anymore.

Iphone was never viable unless you don't like fun, freedom and technology.
If you like to feel like you fit in then yeah, it's still viable.

>fun, freedom and technology

Okay, maybe you can still have fun with an iphone.
I stand by the others though.

Just bought a Sony Xperia X Compact for $350. What should I expect?

Sex is fun tho

Nice source, breh.

Buttsex.

huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/11/iphone-users-have-more-se_n_678291.html
blog.okcupid.com/index.php/dont-be-ugly-by-accident/

Nice source, breh. That is literally the same one twice. And it's a fucking opinion piece blog post.
Not to mention their statistical "research" has the strongest case of correlation=\causation I have ever seen.

Why does every flagship have to be xbox-hueg?

>sticking it in a cum dumpster
>fucking any of the sheep in the herd

quick Sup Forums buy the iphones to make android have the most sexual activity.

Whatever helps you sleep at night :^)
(alone, lol)

SwiftKey or default keyboard /spg/?

The money I invested in high threadcount bed linens instead of wasting it on an iphone with less impressive specs than my current phone is what helps me sleep at night. :^)
You're right about the last part though.

Ill have to ask again... Are z3 and z3 plus still good options? Plus is only 20 bucks more, probably because of overheating issues (should i stay away or are these claim over exaggerated?)

For similar price I can get new 2016 model of Samsung J7. Which would be better choice if priorities are battery life and snappiness?

I have experience with G3 (SD801, 3gb ram) and S4 (SD800, 2gb ram) First one has weak battery, sharp but somewhat washed out display, some problems with overheating (nothing ever crashed but phone gets to warm to be comfortable for me to hold it) and finally, underperforming speed which was probably caused by heavy skin, qhd and 801 which wasnt ready for it

S4 was really great at first, but it started to slow down massively and now its slow as snail. But i guess factory reset could bring it back to original state.

Id really appreciate if someone could compare C7 and Z3/Z3 plus to these phones, especially g3. And also, if there is better alternative that could be similarly priced please post it. Im open to any suggestion but anything chinese apart from Huawei is not an option for me.

Anyone have the NEC terrain?

My Sony Z2 seems to have finally shit the bed, now what do I get? I'm not really sold on any of the options, honestly, but I guess I need to pick one. I want something """flagship premium""" that isn't a cheap plastic piece of shit and I want it to last me a while, but I don't have many specific requirements other than that. I don't care about camera quality or any extra resolution beyond HD or any voice assistants and fingerprint things and other dumb gimmicks. I hate Samsung, their products are trash. I don't want chinkshit. Whatever I buy will be unlocked so I'm paying full price, I'd of course rather save money but I guess price isn't such a huge factor. Unfortunately I can't really wait for any upcoming releases or anything since my phone is dead.

I think I have it down to:

Sony XZ
>Seems to be around $550-$600 on Amazon
>Closest successor to the phone I already have, roughly the same size and features and everything else
>The nicest looking of the ones I'm considering, just a slab of metal and glass with a bit of plastic just like my Z2
>Same stupid annoying flaps covering the connectors as the Z2

Sony X Compact
>Cheapest option, $350
>I like the idea of a slightly smaller phone, I think I like this phone's form factor the most of all the options
>It's fucking plastic, why couldn't they continue making the compact models the same build quality as the old Z compacts?
>Zero water/dust resistance which is sort of a big step down from the Z2

Google Pixel
>$650
>No SD slot and only 32GB, fuck if I'm paying those jews extra for 128GB if they won't even offer an SD slot
>Holy shit is it goddamn ugly, how did they rip off the iphone so much but make it look so bad?
>Less bloat, latest software with updates without waiting for Sony to get their shit together, stupid voice assistant which I'm never ever going to use but which I will probably accidentally activate a lot

Motorola could sweep up the market with an updated Moto G Compact.

My 99 buck Moto G from best got here today. Looks like it's new. Seems like it work fine. Right now i'm using a Note 7 but Verizon is shutting them down on the 30th. Only need the Moto G to last till the S8 comes out in March/April then ill sell it

Consider the BQ Aquaris X5 Plus

gsmarena.com/bq_aquaris_x5_plus-8236.php

Forgot to ask, doesn't this Phone get 7.0?

>Not using an iPhone

Look at all these neckbeards and poorfags

hell I'm on 5s and it's doing a great job
still smooth
still last OS

Seems kind of nice, but it's not available in the US. I'd have to wait 2+ weeks for shipping and risk paying duties and stuff. And the few reviews I found say it feels kind of cheap and the screen scratches easily.

I really like my hard rubberized/matte plastic case for my mi max. It's as thin as it gets and it gives the slippery metal bastard some grip. the chinky brand was PZOZ and it cost $2.95 or something

and here's the "autistic fish design" case which is also pretty cool and has an edge that extends so that the screen theoretically doesn't scratch in case of a drop on a really nice clean perfectly flat floor. And it is a bit thiccer which helps with holding the phone.

anybody else's leg been desensitized to their phone's vibrate?

I have stopped noticing calls and messages with my phone in my pocket