WHY IS THIS BOOK SO HARD

WHY IS THIS BOOK SO HARD

And no I'm not dumb I already passed a course on Mathematics for Computer Science, I just wanted to learn a bit more.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Other urls found in this thread:

blough.ece.gatech.edu/3020/focs.pdf
amazon.com/Concepts-Modern-Mathematics-Ian-Stewart/dp/0486284247/ref=pd_sim_b_1
adam.chlipala.net/cpdt/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nope, you're legit retarded if you find CM too hard.
I mean, it's challenging but "too hard"? lol, I'd suggest you go for liberal arts or women studies instead

Yes, you are dumb and should consider killing yourself

What is a great book to begin with math?

Except that I already passed a course on math for cs.

You know what the problem with this book is? That the authors have literally zero pedagogy. They think that because they know or understand something, their students should also understand it. Well here's the deal, if we did we wouldn't students then, at least not undergrad students.

Same deal with SICP. Good content, great authors, ZERO pedagogy. People who don't know how to teach shouldn't write books. I'll stick to books written by professors.

math for cs is brainlet-tier

>I'd suggest you go for liberal arts or women studies instead
kek

Concrete is a very hard material.

Try this
blough.ece.gatech.edu/3020/focs.pdf

amazon.com/Concepts-Modern-Mathematics-Ian-Stewart/dp/0486284247/ref=pd_sim_b_1
How is this book?

This is why /sci/ thinks we're retarted

confirmed dumb-ster!

Concrete is a pretty difficult text, as is any, ignore the losers on here trying to make you feel bad about not being able to get through it

nice

As is anything written by Knuth*

It's not like I can't, I just go through it at a snail's pace. I think this is a good book for a grad CS student, but the authors are absolutely wrong that it can be used as an introductory text.

That's normal, its rigor takes time to digest, it's not a book you can blaze through in a week.

Concrete Math is pretty much world renowned for being impenetrable for self-study except for those of particular autismal inclination. Even when it was used to teach the course at Stanford, an unusually large chunk of students failed it every semester

Because you bought the hardcover edition

>I'm not dumb
>struggling with CM

lmao

>They think that because they know or understand something, their students should also understand
>I'll stick to books written by professors.

good luck, most math professors are like that

What books would you recommend that cover same topics as "Code", "concrete maths", "SICP"?

Kek

Try this one instead.

adam.chlipala.net/cpdt/

Book is actually really well-written.

Requires little background in formal mathematics.

Look into Sipser's Theory of Computation

Thanks for reminding me to add this to my collection user

Just study discrete and stats. Works for 95% of the problems you'll encounter in the workplace.

Otherwise just get a masters.

Ayyyyyy

>And no I'm not dumb I already passed a course on Mathematics for Computer Science

You're dumb if you find that an accomplishment.

>t. /sci/