How did your distro hopping journey end?

How did your distro hopping journey end?

I went from Mint, to Debian to Fedora to Arch only to end up right back with Mint

Lubuntu, Arch, Debian LXDE, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Debian GNOME, Mint, Debian MATE, Debian LXDE.

Ubuntu, Suse, Kubuntu, Arch, Kubuntu

I think I've found the best and most supported KDE distro around. I don't think I'll be experimenting any further with a side/hobby OS.

>have amd pc
>try ubuntu
>runs smooth as fuck so i like it
>install and reboot
>runs like shit, everything stutters
>update video drivers and reboot
>black screen
>format and install debian
>same shit
>install fedora and update drivers
>runs good and it looks stable so i decide to update OS and reboot
>black screen
>install mint and update everything
>runs good
>use it as a daily
>one day update os
>reboot
>black screen
>install windows 10
>start working

Ubuntu, arch, Slackware, arch, gentoo, Debian, arch, BSD, glendix, arch, fedora, arch. There's nothing quite like arch.

Ubuntu, Debian, Mint, Arch, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu, Solus

Stuff in parenthesis is what made me move from that distro onto something else.
>Mint (That hack bullshit from a while ago)
>Ubuntu MATE w/ Cinnamon instead of MATE (Got tired of Cinnamon)
>Xubuntu 14.04 (Got tired of how basic XFCE is)
>Ubuntu 16.04 (wi-fi problems, got sick of Unity very quickly)
>Xubuntu 16.04 (same wi-fi problems, XFCE would fuck up horribly at times)
>Kubuntu 16.04 (same wi-fi problems, KDE broke all the time)
>openSUSE Leap for a day (I was retarded and did it completely wrong)
>KDE Neon (SAME WI-FI PROBLEMS and KDE still broke, but not as much)
>openSUSE Tumbleweed
It's been about two months now and I don't feel the slightest inclination to leave Tumbleweed. No wi-fi issues, zero problems with KDE, zero problems elsewhere.

Are you feeling an itch to go back to Ubuntu post-Solus?

(K/X/L)Ubuntu > Mint > Debian > Mageia > Opensuse > Deepin > Fedora > KDE Neon > Manjaro

Kali -> Debian -> Kubuntu -> Arch

Ubuntu > Debian > Arch (for a very short time) > Mint > OS X (for a long ass time) > Ubuntu Gnome > Manjaro

No plans on leaving Manjaro anytime soon. It has been easier to work with than what Ubuntu and Debian was. Especially how the drivers just install themselves if you want non-free shit. I don't trust Mint anymore after the security bullshit.

Slackware, Debian, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Debian, Fedora

Going to stay on Fedora

>have wifi problems
>try the SAME FUCKING DRISTO except with a different DE

Nope, can't see myself ever going back. Solus is just too polished senpai.

In terms of distros I actually use-
>ubuntu>debian
>antergos
I'm considering switching back to ubuntu but Im not sure if using it with a WM instead of just one of the preset DE's is a good idea.
I still screw around with different operating systems on an extra laptop.

I build up from ubuntu minimal with just a window manager and I think it's fine.

Mint, Manjaro, Mint
Mint smooth

You do realize that most of what you listed is the same fucking distro, right? Anything with 'Ubuntu' in it is the fucking Ubuntu distro.

Ubuntu->openSuse->Fedora->Ubuntu

Currently on Ubuntu. It just werks. Apt-get is great. Unity looks great after material theming.

Plan on riding this build till second quarter and then going Arch.

Ubuntu > Mint > OpenSuse > Xubuntu > Manjaro > Solus > Ubuntu Budgie

Started with Mint, saw no real reason to change from Mint

It dies everything I want it to, and looking at feature lists of other distros offered no real reason to change: I'm still using my computer in the same way and I'd still be using the saying software.

I ended up sticking with Windows due to trouble with drivers for my AMD GPU and often needing wireless support which kept breaking after a few months while I was on Arch. Planning to get back into it once I finish Uni.

I've went from Peppermint 6 to manjaro, to lubuntu and finally to antergros running KDE.
I'm still testing out other distros though, so I don't know if this is the be all end all distro for me.

ubuntu -> arch -> gentoo -> ubuntu & gentoo

Ubuntu>Ubuntu w/ unity>lubuntu>Ubuntu server

Hey remember Ubuntu net book edition? Yeah it was shit.

XUbuntu, Mint, Fedora, Puppy, Slackware, CentOs, Fedora

>Ubuntu
ditched because of Unity
>Mint
Cinnamon used to be super unstable, so ditched
>Fedora
from what I heard, they have the best Gnome setup, ditched because I couldn't stand Gnome
>OpenSuse
best KDE setup, ditched in favor of newer Cinnamon
>Mint
current distro, Cinnamon is finally stable enough to use, I like it more than Plasma nowadays

Mandrake -> Kubuntu -> Ubuntu -> long windows period... -> Ubuntu -> Manjaro

Now I'm revelling in the awesome combination of awesome automatic hardware configuration + sane defaults and the unlimited universe pacman+AUR.

Red Hat -> Mandrake -> Gentoo -> Mandriva -> Ubuntu -> Crunchbang -> Ubuntu -> Fedora

Been using Fedora since like 16-17 and never looked back.

- Sent from my Fedora box

Actually not from my Fedora box lol

Started out playing with Slax, then settled down with Ubuntu. Started distrohopping when it went to shit with 11.x before buying an iMac G3 at a rummage sale and finding out OS X doesn't suck. Used OS X for years and for the last few years I've been running OpenBSD on my leaptop and a few other machines. Now I've got two desktops, one Debian and one OS X.

Mint's the best.

Arch is for people with no job... basically people who want maintaining Arch to be their actual job.

Ubuntu, gentoo, freebsd(not a distro ,I know), void, alpine, slackware, guixsd, debian, fedora, opensuse. Settled with arch.

When I got to Debian.

Ubuntu,Derivatives, Arch,Derivatives of Arch, gentoo, fedora,elementary and now Arch.

*tips*

(I actually like fedora minus it's slow-as-molasses package managers)

Hate to break your bubble bit KDE neon was founded because kubuntu was a shitshow.

That's not true anymore.install a normal de and update semi regularly and nothing bad happens.

redhat 9 -> suse -> gentoo -> ubuntu because i don't want spend my spare time fixing things that should not been broken in the first place.

I switched to CloudReady. It's Chromium OS with better hardware support.

From 2005 to 2016:

SUSE>Slackware>Fedora>Debian>Gentoo>Ubuntu>Mint>Lubuntu>Manjaro>Arch>Xubuntu

That's not including the dozens of liveCDs/liveDVDs. Xubuntu is comfy as fuck and just works.

Arch -> Debian

>nothing bad happens.
lel'd.

python 3.6 broke dozens of things for me

Ubuntu
Mint
Fedora
Manjaro
Ubuntu
Kubuntu
Xubuntu
Ubuntu
Windows 7
Manjaro
Arch Linux
Windows 8.1
Windows 10
Ubuntu
Windows 10
Ubuntu
Windows 10

Retard

installed arch never looked back
(too much customization to give up now..)

if it takes that many steps for you to realise that not the OS is unable to do what you want but that you are yourself unable to realise what you want no matter the OS then thats ok.

Nothing satisfies me, all distros lack the finishing touch.

I am indecisive, I know. The girl I loved in high school practically came up to ask how I felt about her after my friend tricked me into sending her a confession. I denied it all and told her it was "just a prank bro" and later forced my friend to change his statement.

I am literally human trash that is wasting oxygen on this planet.

>I am literally human trash that is wasting oxygen on this planet.

and bandwith

Ubuntu AGES ago (10+ yrs, was like 11 lol), Kubuntu, CentOS, Kubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD, OpenBSD

Savage

>ubuntu
user friendly but uses gnome + unity DE which is a laggy-ass peice of garbage if you're on integrated graphics

>openSUSE
YaST is an awesome administrative tool with a user-friendly GUI, but it's way to laggy (even on a SSD) and because of it, the tool that's supposed to make tweaking your computer easy takes frustratingly long to start up.

some devs don't compile .rpm's, (only .deb's), so basically your SoL for some proprietary apps.

>xubuntu
no slowdowns period, xfce4 de is extremely lightweight and allows for enough customization to "make it yours". supports .deb packages like regular ubuntu, so there's great compatibility with a lot of proprietary apps.

Tried installing these on tower: Fedora 19, Debian 7, Ubuntu 14, CentOS 6, Fedora 21, CentOS 7, Lubuntu 16, Debian 8.

They either got a kernel panic during installation or wouldn't work with the open-source or proprietary video drivers.

Ended up just slapping ESXI on it and using it for VMs, letting the GPU rot.

Ubuntu for 5 years and now arch for 4 years.
Ubuntu was okay but it was annoying setting up all my ppas because they all broke after a version upgrade every 6 months.
Arch being rolling release and aur >>>ppa, I don't think I'll be switching anytime ever.

I know some of this is a bit out of order, but it's been years...

Mandrake 6.1 || Red Hat 6.1 >
Mandrake 7.0-9.2 || Red Hat 7-9>
Debian Potato || Debian Woody || Progeny 1.0 || Stormix >
Caldera OpenLinux 2.4 kernel technology preview>
Back to Red Hat 9 for work compatibility || Mandrake 9.2>
somewhere around here was Slackware || VectorLinux>
Mandrake 10-2009>
Fedora Core (various versions)>
CentOS 4-7

and trips to Ubuntu-land starting with 9, Backtrack and Kali, DSL Linux, Puppy Linux, and various other small distros.

As of right now my primary distro is CentOS 6 and 7, with Fedora as a personal, non-work related install and Kali on my pentesting netbook.

(note: I stuck with Mandrake 7.2 for a good while to the point where my firewall/router machine lived with it for 3-4 years. I hated Mandrake 8. When 8 was released I started tinkering with Debian and Debian based distros)

On this fucking ELO ESY-1529L touchcomputer I'm trying to make boot kodi-standalone which I'm starting to think is possible less and less because of fucking ancient mystery when it was made Via 86c380 S3 fucking chip...
arch-anywhere
archbang (successful boot to openbox)
architect
archlinux
bodhi-4.0.0 legacy
debian 8.7.0 i386 DVD
debian 8.7.1-i386-netinst
debian-live-8.5.0-i386-gis
debian-live-8.7.0-cinnamon-desktop+nonfree
firmware-8.7.1-amd64-netinst
kodibuntu-14.0rc-helix_i386
kodi-ice-breathmint
linux-mint-18.1-cinnamon-32bit
slax-english-UK-7.0.8-i486
slitaz-4.0
sparkylinux-4.5-i686-multimedia
tahr-6.0.5_noPAE (successful boot to desktop)

Now about to try manjaro-xfce-16.10.3-stable-i686

Really learn alot about how every distribution try's to be this that and the other when trying as many as that in a day or 2 and how they all promise something and aim way to fucking high on other things. Say's alot too when only archbang and puppy linux pulled up a working desktop.

inb4 fag can't configure graphics drivers, had enough of trying to configure anything when it's different for each distribution alone and documentation full of broken links, obsolete links and commands... Good job!

I honestly would just like to switch back to Debian but I like the AUR too much on Arch.

What are my options?

>Mint
You did not get the memo, i see.

Arch Linux, its always up to date and I find it funny how it's darwin's distro (tards cant install and use it)
Puppy Linux in 2008
Ubuntu till 2010
Debian till 2013
Arch linux till 2017

Only counting distros I've used for over 2 days.
>Ubuntu
>Mint
>kubuntu
>Ubuntu

openSUSE and KDE Neon have a much better KDE support.

>Ubuntu
>Ubuntu
>Ubuntu
>Ubuntu
>Ubuntu
>how do I get the same WiFi issues

Mangina - nope...

going POSready master race until i can be bothered to try this shit again, think i'll learn more about linux under the hood first.

mandriva - fedora core 4 - ubuntu - gentoo - fedora - debian - arch - and back to debian

Debian > Kubuntu > Mint > Arch

I bet you've only had Mint installed for a few hours.

I think Puppy Linux was my first ever distro which I burned to a CD to rescue files off a dead Windows Vista partition.

I have since tried Ubuntu and Mint but the only one I've used properly and still use is Fedora.

Porteus (USB Boot) >> Fedora >> Ubuntu >> Antergos >> Manjaro >> Arch

Kali -> Xubuntu -> Lubuntu -> Mint -> Antergos -> Manjaro

oh, and i suppose the occasional use of Tails also counts.

Debian > Xubuntu > Opensuse > Mint > Arch > Xubuntu

Knoppix -> Fedora Core -> Xubuntu -> Fedora -> Arch -> Manjaro

I really like Arch-like distros, but have thought about going back to Fedora with Wayland and all that.

Why the absolute fuck would you go from Arch to Manjaro? You went from a distro that gave you full control to one that doesn't

Redhat > Debian > FreeBSD > Darwin > Yellowdog > Debian > Crunchbang > Arch > Debian > Arch

used osx also, hell it is(was?) Unix.

The power of linux

Because I couldn't be bothered to setup and configure Arch on my laptop. How does Manjaro give me less control when it's an Arch system that I still can configure how I want?

Debian Ubuntu Fedora Ubuntu Debian Gentoo Debian Gentoo FreeBSD Gentoo MacOS

I miss ricing, but MacOS is too nice.

>windows 7
>go on Sup Forums "wow those desktop screenshots look pretty rad and haxor!"
>tries to install Arch
>fails miserably
>back to windows 7

>Unity looks great after material theming.
Link? That sounds awesome

2003: nub with RHEL from a CD in a linux book
2004: somehow got a copy of BSD on my 486 and pentium 3
2005: the joy of slackware
2011: running slackware on a p4
2013: lubuntu shit
2017: i don't even care anymore about distroposting

CYGWIN32 > Ubuntu

I had a redhat server that my gf's stepdad setup for me. I didn't really care for rpm and immediately saw downsides to using binary packages.

First real distribution I installed was Gentoo, tried a few others inbetween major filesystem failures (thanks reiserfs btrfs etc) but I always go back because portage just makes shit so much easier.

Ubuntu mate, mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, Ubuntu mate, Solus.

Actually pretty happy with Solus so far.

Dedian -> debian -> debian -> debian.
Why switching when it's already working great for yeas.
I have a few vm to try out other distros but they all feel like shit compared to debian.

Windows 7, Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, Lubuntu, Archbang, Arch, Manjaro, Xubuntu, OpenSUSE, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Windows 10, Windows 7

turns out all linux distros are shit and Windows 7 is still the best gaming OS.

I guess switching is a tough sell when you barely know english and have already figured out Debian.

some old redhat > some old fedora core > some dead distro > ubuntu > xubuntu > gentoo > opensuse > arch > fedora

Ubuntu 14.04>mint 17.2>manjaro 0.8.13.1 - 15.12>fedora 23>manjaro 16.06>xubuntu 16.04.1

Very briefly flirted with others, but had issues

Ubuntu and manjaro are only good distros all others are unecessarily complex

Red Hat 1997 -> Slackware 1998 -> Debian 2000 -> Gentoo 2002 and on

Gentoo on iron, mixed Debian/Gentoo on VMs depending on purpose.

Anyone remember Beatrix/BEAFanatix?

Noobuntu --> openPEPE --> Plebian

Miles, you panty collecting fuck

thank for the (you)

Xubuntu, Kubuntu, Ubuntu GNOME, Manjaro Xfce, Arch Xfce, Arch GNOME

Mandriva -> Ubuntu -> OpenSuse -> Debian -> Manjaro -> Arch -> Lubuntu (it is light and just work u fucking geeks!)

>How did your distro hopping journey end?
I realized that ubuntu is literally everything I need and super responsive

started with debian, tried every distro with every wm that was available over the course of the next 6 months (even things like zorin) and then got right back to debian.

Hello.

suse (i think it was 8 or 9, horrible piece of shit distro)
redhat 9
fedora core 3 and 4 (worst distro ever)
mandrake
slackware
debian 3.1
debian debian debian

That's it. Tried a lot of distro and the only one that barely works is Ubuntu.