Pic unrelated, i finally have my own room in my college apartment...

pic unrelated, i finally have my own room in my college apartment, and i'd like to have the room filled with ambient music all the time. the problem is i cant just play it from my laptop or ipad because the sound only comes from one spot.

whats the cheapest way to get music coming from all over my room without spending $500+ on an actual surround sound system?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00006B9W1/ref=psdc_172471_t2_B00BXF5HQ8
aliexpress.com/item/Mpow-Streambot-Mini-Wireless-Bluetooth-4-0-Stereo-Audio-Music-Receiver-With-Hands-Free-Calling-For/32597755423.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i was thinking of getting a pair of speaking and hooking it up to my unused ipad and putting each speaker on each side of the room, but even so that only limits me to two points of sound. i'd like at least three or maybe even one for each corner of my room

a nice speaker system can fill a room. i connect my laptop to my speaker system and i'm sure people in the next room can hear it if it's too loud. spend like $100 on a speaker system with a subwoofer and call it a day

i dont mean volume - id like it to be completely ambient. you know like how its completely different listening to music straight from the laptop in front of you, as opposed to listening with headphones in? when it SURROUNDS you it literally feels like the music is just coming straight of your brain. its like a literal ambient soundtrack in your head

you can get an okay system for like $40 tbqh

JBL LSR305 are on mass drop for 100 neetbux ea
They have a great soundstage. The sound will have dimensions to it like with a surround system.

Just know that you're supposed to have a separate sub for low end.

what specifically are you thinking of? i dont see any below a few hundred in australia

>you're supposed to have a separate sub for low end

what did he mean by this?

headphones, mate

They're monitor speakers so they only reproduce sounds in the middle and high frequencies.

yeah but i cant wear them all the time 24/7 in my room

i get what you're saying. you can set up speakers to be in different areas of a room depending on what kind of speaker system you get.

Why? Your room, your rules.

i know i just dont really like having headphones on and losing situational awareness. its not like i have people even knocking on the door or anything but you know

As much as I love custom audio setups and hate to shill Apple, the Beats Pill does a fantastic job of filling a room with sound in a compact package

This kid doesn't know fuck all about audio does he...

buy cheap, used surround sound and hook up an mp3 player to it? ~40 bucks

Bose wave does it better

i dont know shit about audio. can Sup Forums tell me if these are any good?

amazon.com/dp/B00006B9W1/ref=psdc_172471_t2_B00BXF5HQ8

its only 23 monies, and doesnt take up a lot of space (my dorm is just a small room about 16 sq ft). im not an audiophile or anything as long as it sounds as good or better than my alienware laptop that im used to

One of these days they should add a feature to websites where people can just say if it's good or not

yeah but these are just randoms, id trust Sup Forums more than a bunch of people exactly like me

At the ebd of the day it is a low frequency tuned small dub meant to sound as loud as they can get it with a small driver and a couple of vented full-range drivers.

As long as the sub can be adjusted, things will sound fine. A working sub does most of the work for give presence to sound, even in a cheap system. Just do not expect clean loudness.

If you can find a speaker pair with a true dedicated tweeter so the highs will bs sharper. But these are nore than fine for the price.

Other suggestion. Walmart blackweb box speakers. 20 or so dollars. Sealed drivers and the sub is not too boomy.

this. go to thrift stores near where you live and look for audio equipment. What you need is a pair speakers and an amplifier, look for stuff like discarded hifi sets. If you find anything, note down the model number and price, and then go home and find out if it's good. Or use mobile internet. It's a matter of luck, sometimes people will have gotten the good shit before you, other times the person helping the store actually knows the value of the equipment and puts it up at a high price.

forgot to mention, if your roomies start to complain about noise, you can order something like this
aliexpress.com/item/Mpow-Streambot-Mini-Wireless-Bluetooth-4-0-Stereo-Audio-Music-Receiver-With-Hands-Free-Calling-For/32597755423.html
then shorten the cord on a pair of headphones, solder a new jack on it and tada, bluetooth headphones.

multiple chromecast audio dongers configured in group playback mode + hella cheapshit speakers

the problem with customer reviews is that in general, people only bother to do so if they had a bad experience

i mean, if you bought something and it just did what it said on the box, why would you bother going back to write something about it?

Use open headphones then

>i'd like to have the room filled with ambient music all the time.
so you basically want your flatmates to hate you

i have checked with my flatmates, they havent heard any of the music ive been playing non stop on my laptop so far. the walls are good

thanks, ive googled these. unfortunately it seems theyre 50ish now

i will be doing this. thanks user

I used to have music on at all times but it makes the day go by too fast. So I stopped.