/edc/

/edc/ - Everyday Carry General
Post what you typically drag around with you, and rate others'.
Picture is mine, I haven't included my Samsung Galaxy S7 that I used to take the photo. If anyone has any questions about my shit, I'd be happy to answer.

not technology.

everything is technology

Sure, why not.

lol

anti-smoking adverts are printed on your packs now, and you retards are still so dumb that you continue to buy them

I can't wait until the day that the manufacturers cease to use any sort of unique design or coloring at all, and they are all just white packs with the brand names on them in standard print - then you'll realize there is nothing cool about putting tar in your lungs

Everybody knows smoking is bad for you, and has for decades. And I'm pretty sure the only people who smoke to be "cool" are edgy teenagers (though they seem to be more into DUDE WEED LMAO lately).

I live in a major mining city. The rain is tinted orange, and the trucks billow their smoke everywhere (even through downtown). The smokestacks can be seen about 100km in every direction. So I may as well breathe through a filter; it's not like the cigarettes are killing me any faster than the air.

But really, I started when I was younger, and I just sort of kept with it. I knew what I was getting into when I started, so it's whatever. I like the taste and it gives me an excuse to dip out of work for some extra breaks during the day. And besides, it could be worse; at least I'm not an overweight alcoholic who survives on coffee and fast food.

I actually like that knife, seems really fast, if that makes any sense. Good one-dimensional carry.

Really enjoy your gear. Cozy stuff user, keep it up.

You're probably wrong, the air's probably killing you less than the concentrated cigarette smoke flowing directly into your lungs. But if you're part of the majority, you'll probably be absolutely fine in the long term. Cigarette stats are extreme, but it's still a reality that it won't have significant effects on most people. Take it easy, though, user

>I like the taste and it gives me an excuse to dip out of work for some extra breaks during the day.
I dislike the campaigns against cigarettes because they treat people like cattle. They want fewer people to smoke in order to save money on healthcare costs and to get nicer longevity statistics. I also think they ignore the fact that smoking is a highly enjoyable practice which smokers can get a lot of joy out of, which might be worth the lowered life expectancy for many.

There is one thing though which I always wonder about smokers. How do you live with how horrible you smell all the time? Like, even if a smoker brushes his teeth, takes a shower and changes his clothes after every cigarette, he still reeks. And most smokers won't have higher hygiene standards than others (rather the contrary), so the result is that they smell really, really bad. Even their clothes start to smell. If you spend any time with a smoker you will start smelling too. Most non-smokers would never want to date a smoker because of this very reason. It works of course when almost everyone smokes, like in the 1950s or in Asia today, but given that almost nobody smokes today, don't you experience this as a huge, self-inflicted handicap?

>it's not like the cigarettes are killing me any faster than the air.

>leaving your basement

I need normies to leave

I'm not the guy in question, but people don't usually mind. I mean, I've only met a few that told me that I reek and those were real anti-cigarette person that was bashing about it how it was affecting my health and what not.

Not much people said anything about that.
Even in my car, no one said a thing except.

I guess it depends on person to person.
Mostly hypocrisy. I mean, I'll break it down.

I smoke 2 packs a days.
My friend smoke a pack a day.

My gf don't say anything about me but whines about him that he reeks smoke. He actually does, I even scent him but the point I'm trying to make it depends on the person.

I don't know how the fuck it works, but that smells doesn't stay for everyone. I don't smell it that much on myself, I mean, there's a draft and all but it's so small. It's mostly my coat that smells smoke.

Hence the no idea, let's just all wear coat when we smoke? lel.

>How do you live with how horrible you smell all the time?

That's the thing: if you like the taste and the smell, you probably won't care that you smell like cigarettes.

I know that I smell faintly of cigarettes, but I shower every day, brush my teeth twice a day, chew gum, wear cologne and aftershave, only wear clean shirts, and so on. I also keep my apartment clean and "smelling fresh".

I've almost never had anybody mention the smell to me, and I smoke about a pack a day. Granted my city is ~60% smokers, but still. The only times people have said anything about the smell is when they're anti-smoking to a fault (the fake coughers, only mentioning you "reek" AFTER they find out you smoke, etc.).

Did you miss the part where he said he lives in a mining city, or the part where it was a joke?

>How do you live with how horrible you smell all the time?
I don't give a h*ck, desu

Based note book Op

>I mean, I've only met a few that told me that I reek and those were real anti-cigarette person
Well, the reason I don't tell smokers they reek isn't because I don't smell them, it's because I don't want to be a douchebag. I don't tell fat people they're unattractive and smell bad either unless they specifically ask me to be honest with them. I don't have any statistics on this, but I would wager this is how most people who are non-smokers but not anti-tobacco reason. It's still kind of a deal breaker on a personal level though, I don't think I could date a smoker because of the smell. I'm glad that you have found someone who is okay with it, does she also smoke?

>fake coughers
Honestly, I have a MUH CONDISHUN that any form of inhaled smoke actually hurts, mainly in the throat and the upper part of chest, but it's very annoying. I feel it even when I catch a whiff of some second-hand (second-lung amirite) smoke from a person that is walking like 50m ahead.

Potato edition

B O O T L O O P
O
O
T
L
O
O
P

Spoken like an edgy teenager, I am not a smoker and I don't agree with the stigmatization that smoking has or the taxation that smoking suffers from.

However your right to smoke ends at the tip of my nose, there has to be some sort of middle ground between how much are you allowed to destroy your health and how much is society responsible for bearing the cost of taking care of you because you have destroyed your health.

One of the reasons I changed my mind on taxation of smoking products and the like is that the same idea, the same ideology can and will be implemented on us all, it really is the slippery slope. The moment we allow a government to tell even 1% of the population they can't do something they enjoy doing because it is detrimental to their health what stops the same government from doing the same with literally anything else, suppose that same government starts taxing and stigmatizing the use of salt, fat, sugar, alcohol or other drugs like marijuana or kratom. It is a great distortion on our lives. What we need is something that allows people who are addicted to something, anything, even if it is caffeine, to be able to drop their addiction if THEY feel it is affecting their lives.

Camera/cassette player?

Siemens made cassete players? Must be built like a fucking tank. Why though? You have a smartphone with you, what tapes are you listening to that you can't get in any other way?

The only reason I see to have a tape player is to listen to treasure troves that are now showing up in thrift stores, some are personal tapes with god knows what inside.

>I mean, I've only met a few that told me that I reek and those were real anti-cigarette person that was bashing about it how it was affecting my health and what not.
>That's the thing: if you like the taste and the smell, you probably won't care that you smell like cigarettes.
>How do you live with how horrible you smell all the time? Like, even if a smoker brushes his teeth, takes a shower and changes his clothes after every cigarette, he still reeks.

wtf is it with you people and smells? my girlfriend smokes and you'd never know it you can not smell it or taste it on her.
my dad smokes and you can tell it by whatever surfaces he touches it will leave a smell on it though.

having said that, i probably have a worse breath than both of them combined due to my coffee consumption.

Nikon D5200
Siemens RM838
I was just memeing with the cassette player 2bh

I know this is bait but I'd laugh when that gets stolen from whomever it belongs too.

would you recommend that aftermarket se215 cable?

bumping /edc/ thread

just look at the duck face rightcher

>Underrated

What camera?

user I really enjoyed reading that second paragraph, it was a pretty cool description.

a6000

I should update this with a new photo with my prayer beads and anal beads. I'm also down to 1 packet of ketchup a day.

this is actually the first time i ever post on these threads

wheres the kid cuisine faggot?

degenerate smokers
--------------------------------------------
ds cartridge case but no ds?

thats a SD card user

>ZUG

>and they are all just white packs with the brand names on them in standard print
>nothing cool
Then smoking would become more /fa/ than ever.

>The rain is tinted orange, and the trucks billow their smoke everywhere (even through downtown). The smokestacks can be seen about 100km in every direction. So I may as well breathe through a filter; it's not like the cigarettes are killing me any faster than the air.

Rorschach's Journal?

yeah absolutely. A thinner, lighter cable does so much more than I could have possibly imagined. A major benefit of IEMs is portability, and that benefit is severely affected by the stock cable.

zone/10

Thanks man, I fucking love this thing.

Cash in louis V bags is a terrible idea. You gotta go for more subtle high end brands, so that the recognition you get isn't from degenerates, but from fashion enthusiasts that aren't likely to actually steal the bag. Louis V is a shit brand anyway.

That's the ugliest watch I have ever seen.

אתה ישראלי?

this. I would actually prefer just white packs, but I'm a /fa/Sup Forumsg/o/t, so whatever.
This would make cigarettes even more popular with hipsters

>Future school shooter edition

>I live in a major mining city. The rain is tinted orange, and the trucks billow their smoke everywhere (even through downtown). The smokestacks can be seen about 100km in every direction. So I may as well breathe through a filter; it's not like the cigarettes are killing me any faster than the air.
Sounds like a great time to join a combative union and/or become anarchist

Hello

Your choice of literature really makes me think.

ALWAYS BE KNOLLING

Three years old foto

>Kraftwerk
My nigga.

Nice trips. Kek'd at the teapot.

user is right, those are really ugly watches, sorry man.

What Leatherman is that?

Mine pic related. Nexus 5 surely Loops Good.

Already got generic packaging here. I don't smoke cigs these days as they make me feel ill. But I use snuff as I enjoy the effects of nicotine.

Brand of wallet user?

Realy on the Legion etrangere ?

Few other stuff like laptop and cables, but this is basically it.

X series tablet, right? X220t or X230t I supposte

what watch is that?

>Dell
do you gay?

pebble 2, rip in piss pebble

whats that usb to mico usb thing called

nomad key which was overpriced imo at 20 usd~

it's nicely made, but probably could be found for cheaper on ali or something.

I also bring my T420s along when I go to Tim Hortons to hit on slags

Best notebook I ever owned, I tried many brands.

Damn that's gangsta

what do you keep in that pouch?
also:

I use it for my sd cards

That's pretty nice. Is it 18650 powered?

I was, yes.

nice mate

If that's the same as an AA battery then yes, it's one of the reasons I chose this model.

what phoen is that user?

Batteries for flash lights can be so fucking gimmicky. Every good one i found either used the new lithium cells or 3 AAA not two or four but three of them. Which means you either spend good money on a battery charger or if you're buying batteries you end up with one extra always. I looked and found a 4AA one called AMP just because it had an even number of batteries so I could charge them all at once. Works pretty good for the task.

using the phone to take the pic so just the case is in the pic.

the phone is an s7

sorry, I'm an idiot, I meant the thingy next to the case, I guess it's a portable battery of some sort right?

>buying AA powered flashlights
>ever
Holy shit user.
AA's are 1.2V and can deliver up to 2.4A.
18650s are 3.7V and can deliver more than 3A.
And this means you're limiting the potential of LED used in your flashlight.
18650s are dirty cheap and are rechargeable. There is no point in using AAs for anything else than TV remotes or something.

yeah that's correct.

I think I have that same knife, user.
Buck 110?
I don't actually carry it around, but It's in the pic.

The cables are a USB>USBmicro and a USB>USB-C
Because my phone has a type-C and nothing else does yet.

yeah, don't carry it either just snuck into the pic there.

I don't need an ultra bright flashlight, I just want to be able to see in the dark when the lights go out. The fact that AA's are used for TV remotes means that there always is one close by, which is a big plus.

>being poor

>buying special meme batteries that only online stores carry

What?
18650s are just dirty cheap and easy to harvest, ie. from old/dead laptop battery packs.

Each one of these is 2800mAh, which is more than any non-rechargeable AA can ever store...

This. My mom smoked, my aunt smokes, my cousins smoke(and I didn't know it for years), and I never really smell it unless my aunt is drunkenly chain-smoking. The only one who notices smoke smell is my mom after she quit, always nagging my aunt about how she smells and should quit. I don't think most people care about it. As long as you smoke outside no one will notice. Only reason I don't smoke is because I am a distance runner, otherwise I love nicotine and don't care too much about the health risks. People need to chill out and let people do what they want without getting so rused.

This, my keys, and the phone I took the picture on because I'm not an attention seeking hipster.

could you recharge these with any standard rechargeable wall plug that accepts AA?

gj fag

then who was phone??