Will We Ever Win?

Debate me on how this shit ain't intuitive

>Start up
>Super+ "type prog. name (terminal, wcid, chromium, gimp, files~>ctrl+shft+n)"
>Super -> tab to get a board sense
>Hold Super+tab, one shot, one kill
>The ease of one less mouse click to get around a workspace

YES. GNOME needs more user settings/options/customization components that can function INDEPENDENTLY of some GNU and OS sects. Devs in the project don't.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gnome.org/Newcomers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Delet this

*tickles ur exposed tummy*

If you know JS just write a new feature for it.

As if Maki would ever let you touch her... Dream on fammo

ZorinOS doesn't have this problem

too bad she's such a slut
she's practically begging to b tickled

>ZorinOS
>"With a click of a button, you can change the desktop layout to match that of Windows versions and Gnome 3. The Ultimate edition...also features Ubuntu, Gnome 2 and macOS-like layouts." BrianFagioli shares an article about a Linux-based operating system "designed for Windows-switchers."

I'm good senpai.

It's beautiful, though.

no trackpad gestures like Windows 10
no games like Windows 10
no office like Windows 10
no Windows 10

I actually quite like Gnome.

Not botnet like Windows 10

gnome is pretty damn good, but i fucking hate the padding and how retarded GTK3 applications look.

It's intuitive, it's just utter shit in terms of software quality and productivity.

I like the expose mode when you touch on Windows touch and how you Can search apps when you type

People were bitching about GNOME 2 back in the day, with the same sorts of complaints about removing features and being dumbed down.

I've been seeing such complaints going on for so long over various thing that I just kind of assume now that whoever says it is just an idiot.

Things i hate is that evince thé défaut documents reader don't open epub
And on kde it read epub

Detected pedo

For me when they will be under 300mb of RAM used without do nothing i will fully aprouve gnome 3

>caring about "winning"

gnome 3 development does move slow, and it might've moved faster if it gained more popularity/user base, albeit into the shit tier direction

two things that piss me off:

>search hangs up for a second if you have anything else running in background
>can't hide icons, can't make folders, can't add shit to folders in the app drawer.
jesus I do not care where those icons are actually located, I shouldn't give a shit
>evolution "integration" bullshit

actually, four:
why music app is so fucking stupid at basic stuff like drag-n-dropping a song and listening to it

You should dev from grome then
wiki.gnome.org/Newcomers/
You too

You Can define a folder to Play music

nah senpai i'd rather bitch and wait for easier solutions and until everything gets fixed, that is never
it's easier to give less of a fuck for me right now

What do you mean?

Gayim
Like you define the folder music then you open the music app in show you the music that is on the music folder
Duhhh

And then what, am I supposed to change it when I want to listen to an album in another folder?
Wow.

>no taskbar
Trash

What is taskbar for ?

Gnome is great it need to evolve again

Gnome is comfy

The general desktop paradigm is mostly great. Everything else about GNOME 3 is fucked.

>
That's why GNOME 3 is trash.

So fluxbox , openbox without tint2 , icewm etc.. are shit ¿

I'm generally fine with the way gnome works
It's just that fucking gtk3 breaks so easily, the devs are shitheads and it needs to shrink down the fucking titlebars.
Also they need to stop pushing wayland so hard, so far it's literally worse than Xorg in every way.

>
>So fluxbox , openbox without tint2 , icewm etc.. are shit ¿
I3 , awesome , wmii , spectrwm too ?

True true

Gnome shell is fact a very well DESIGNED desktop environment.

They actually went overboard with designing a desktop interface with human physical ergonomics and cognitive ergonomics in mind.
As a result their Human Interface Guidelines are abysmally good, although the design language sacrifices a lot of "power user" in order to please the "ordinary user".

So while clumsy at first to someone who's used to traditional windows or mac style desktop they're extremely comfortable to use once you get used to it.

It's the execution of it that suffers.
Not to mention the resource requirements to run it, fucking hell it's like they completely forgot people running linux on a desktop aren't necessarily the richest people on the planet

Mutato nomine, de te fabula narratur

Had to get Calibre for them.

OP Here:
>he needs his sippy cup
I just got into linux last winter. Been on Debian long enough to know how shit it is (Switching to Devuan SOON)

When we need progressWe giveI got >picrelated. I'm neub but asked to work on the project

THIS.

Devuan is just a meme. Systemd is great.

Don't need calibre
Just need the default documents reader read epub

oh shit thanks
I wanted to work on the GTK file picker,
but I gave up at the build step

Not saying it isn't
>There's a time, place and need

Why devuan look like a Dick ?

>logo is a penis trying to insert itself in the wrong side of a vagina

Wayland needs to be pushed harder than ever now that the xorg security vulnerabities are so well known.

>Wayland is still in a bad state, from a security standpoint it is generally advised to use OpenBSD/MacOS/Windows currently. I find it quite astounding that GNU/Linux has become known as a secure OS when the xserver vulnerabilities have been around for 10+ years.

Really
Or a GNU open vagina