Other than escaping botnet what are the advantages of Linux over windows?

Other than escaping botnet what are the advantages of Linux over windows?

It's fast

It's free

>GNU + Linux
>free of the Botnet

Pick only one.

It makes you feel like you have a real job because of how much work you have to put it to make it work.

Update when you fucking want
Thats à reason haha
You Can modify What you want

Can take less Space than win Mac OS installation

Lighter weight os versions mean your shit laptop now works fine

Command line lets you be a lazy bastard and make shit work easy. Also dealing with older devices and hardware is less of a pain.

Extreme levels of customization and can run on shit hardware. I have an old device with a 300 MHz Intel PXA270 (an ARM processor from 2004) and 32 MB of RAM that's still supported and running kernel version 4.4.7 (came out April of last year).

You can actually develop on it without downloading tons of shitty applications. You just install a compiler and its fucking bueno.

With wich linux you on ?

It's nice having an OS that does only what you want

OpenWRT currently, pic related is what I'm using.

A lack of professional software.

But you can only half-escape the botnet.

>what are the advantages of Linux over windows?
t. Henry t. Yoshi

I just wanna point out that if you're new to linux, don't shun it just because your first distro took a shit and didn't work. Some people have better luck with Mint than Ubuntu, some like Arch. Mess around with a few before you settle on anything.

no distracting software like games, music production, graphics manipulation, office stuff

This is why I use it.

All I really need need is muh customizashuns.

My DE of choice is better than anything I've used on any Windows OS.
Updating is piss easy.
Installing new software is piss easy.
Printers are easier to manage.
My distro handles NFTS better than how my Windows OS (I dual-boot) handles ext4.
It uses fewer resources while having vastly more functionality and customization.
I could run all the shit I still use Windows for in my distro. (I'm just too lazy to make it happen)
It's better than Windows is most aspects I care about and yet I didn't pay a dime for it.

I love Windows 7, it's a shame that Microsoft is moving towards the smartphone/tablet/data collecting model, even if it is probably the right business decision it sucks for PC users who don't want to be a part of the whole "sharing things with people you don't know" scene

1. you can open selected file with spacebar
2. tabs in file manager
3. virtual desktops
4. even the most lightweight desktop enviroment has more capabilities than windows (look at points 1-3,9)
5. Good music players, firewalls, games, office software
6. You don't wait 1-3 second to install software to use mouse or keyboard
7. More drivers (windows xp doesn't have drivers for SATA, windows 7 and XP does't have USB 3, logitech marble cat, many ethernet cards drivers)
8. Better choise of filesystems
9. You can change wallpaper (in windows 7 starter you can't)

boots much faster
dev tools are included in most repos automatically
vi will be installed on any repo for the past couple decades
same setup as my server
customized WM >>>> DEs

I can go on