Rideables

Saw a thread about these last night but it died. What do you guys think about rideables?
I kinda want pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RAWJemIHCMo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PYziMBx0n4M
m.youtube.com/watch?v=slLHy4NlOvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=C3TBvJUtuHs
world.honda.com/UNI-CUB/
youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZB_rGFyeU
segway.com/products/consumer-lifestyle/minipro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i wonder why it died

how is this thing supposed to be useful?

Just walk you lazy fuck.

It can go almost 20mph for 20 miles. How is that not useful? It's not like a hoverboard that is slow and can only be used indoors.
I have no problem walking but this makes a mile walk take 4 minutes instead of 20. If your time is valuable saving it isn't laziness.

Kingsong is quite good but I would get the inmotion v8. KS14c performs very well but still looks kind of diy inside rather than a proper product. If you go to the electricunicycle.org forums there plenty of info.

>What do you guys think about rideables?
They look really retarded, but I think they could be useful in a city environment.

Just get a bicycle man

retarded as shit, get a foldable bike and fuck off

Have a look at what this guy does with them. youtu.be/RAWJemIHCMo

How come they don't these but with a little seat and handlebars? They should be able to balance themselves either way right?

Why not just use a skateboard?

>It can go almost 20mph for 20 miles.
I find that really hard to believe. Also, you're not going to want to go 20 mph on a damn unicycle where your only points of contact are your feet and calves anyways.

electric skateboards are so much better in range, durability, and ease of repair, and not looking retarded while riding it.

>I find that really hard to believe.
Find it hard to believe all you want, but it is true and pretty comfortable to use.
They do, but the seat makes it a lot harder to use and a lot less practical.
Foldable bikes are complete garbage as bicycles and aren't very compact.

>this Chinese website says it, therefore it must be true
>nevermind how they regularly lie about the specs on tons of other things

>this Chinese website says it, therefore it must be true
I have a IPS Xima which is not nearly as good as the one in OP and it can easily do over 15mph for 20 miles. Try actually knowing what you're talking about before you speak.

>j-just believe these this Chinese company's specs, t-they'd never lie

Enjoy dying when hit by a bus

Are you seriously braindead? I own one of these and the specs are completely accurate.

>America
No. Shit sidewalk quality outside of like 2-3 metropolis hubs.
So you can't get a small sleek one, you need something like OP's picture with brutal design, that kills the point
>Prague
Maybe
>Japan
Yes, but you want a sleek small one
Because they have good footpaths in city

Basically: If bicycle laws wasn't ranging from retarded to fine, you would rather get a electric bicycle instead.

Not to mention they are probably 20x more fun to ride, due to the fact that there has been about 20 years worth of improvements made to them

if for some reason you aren't living in a metropolis in the US, you probably have it ingrained in you to have a junker to drunk drive now and then.

car culture and all that.

Most "Rideables" should be banned from the road and are death traps. Most of em have shit manoeuvrability and can't handle the odd pothole or road debris. The electric motors they use in rideables are pretty powerful, but they turn like a typical skateboard . The only rideable on the market that Id consider if I had the cash is the Australian made Bajaboard, which has the stability of a road car as a result of its advanced suspension systems. But it's out of my price range( 3 grand). I've spoken to Bajaboard a week ago, at a tech convention in Melbourne and apparently they're releasing a cheaper and less powerful version which would compete with Boosted boards this year.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PYziMBx0n4M

This. Fully suspended electric skateboards are the future of this market. I've actually done a fair bit of research into designing a suspension system for a skate board and am fairly confident that a suspended skateboard (properly adjusted to the riders weight) can be just as stable as a bicycle or motorcycle.

So because your roads is shit, you don't want em?
I feel the 'Mericanism all the way from the other side of the ocean.

Then again, they aren't about speed. But rather moving at 10km/h instead of walking 4km/h

/n/ poster here. Not all folders are trash they are like any other bike there quality varies a good amount. There are folder that will stow away to about the size of the one wheel thing and weigh about less. I really just comes down to weather you want to pedal or ride.

Roads in the UK: 213,750 mi
Roads in the US: 4,120,000 mi

Gee, its almost like I am reading the wikipedia page.
20 times bigger(areal), and almost EXACTLY 20 times more roads.

No fuck that, 40 times bigger, only 20 times more roads.

Norway is at ~90.000km of road for a size of ~400.000km^2

France is at ~1 million km of roads for a size of ~600.000km^2.

USA ~6.5million km of roads, for a size of 10 million km^2

I am not even sure what the statement of "Uk has roads" means. Please clarify.

Yes but did you notice
Population UK: 64.1 milion
Population 318.9 million

Infrastructure spending UK: $182 billion
Per citizen: $2839
Per mile: $851461
Infrastructure spending US: $320 billion
Per citizen : $1003
Per mile: $77669

So were spending less than half as much on 20x more roads and they are defiantly not 40x worse than your roads so please explain why the UK suck at roads so bad.

Wrong video

m.youtube.com/watch?v=slLHy4NlOvQ

Because rebuilding is also infastruture spending, and so is all the work to expand London.
Infastructure isn't just roads.
If it was, USA would still be ahead because it went for more expensive types of roads, which will only be a cost sink once they degrade past repair.

>muh braking

Seat = weight and more counterbalance
Upright standing position = humans balance really well doing that

youtube.com/watch?v=C3TBvJUtuHs

>What do you guys think about rideables?
Like your mother?

>how's that not useful
because there are better alternatives. Bicycle will go almost 20mph for infinite amount of time, as long as you can get. Cheapest, crappiest 50cc motorbike will go 50-60mph for 200 miles.
>but indoors
why would you want to ride indoors? you can fucking walk througb buildings ,actually buildings are suited to be used on feet

Looks like great way to break your face

Why not just ride a bike or buy a dui scooter or a small motorcycle?

>>Prague
>Maybe
Banned just while ago

Why do Prague hate fun?
Wasn't the EU ruling "needs drivers license" or some shit as well?

I'm not interested until a real hoverboard comes out

>Also, you're not going to want to go 20 mph on a damn unicycle where your only points of contact are your feet and calves
I've done 40mph on a board where my only points of contact are my feet, I wouldn't mind doing 20 on a unicycle

I feel like I would attach two of those together on a narrow frame with a seat and add handle-...oh.

Would be a fast bike tho.

>Why not just ride a bike or buy a dui scooter or a small motorcycle?
Size, unicycle fits in a backpack, folding scooters with small wheels can't handle rough terrain. You can blend in with pedestrians in crowded areas on the unicycle as well, it takes up no more space than a person walking. Small turning circle makes it almost as maneuverable walking.

Being able to still use your hands is very good as well, you can buy pizza and carry it home.

>You can blend in with pedestrians in crowded areas on the unicycle as well

Pretty sure a dude on a motorized unicycle would stand out in a crowd.

You would mind if you were standing with both feet pointing forward, next to each other.

world.honda.com/UNI-CUB/
youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZB_rGFyeU

Though I figure the design intention of the Solowheel and clones (OP's pic) is that's it's compact enough that you can pick it up and bring it with you indoors, on public transit, etc.

It's not much different than standing with both feet pointing sideways, next to each other

Because this is a weird thing.
Here is the thing: Segway is a glorified electric motorcycle
Now, because Segway is Segway, and they was stupid about international law, its classified as a motor powered scooter, meaning pretty much in most of the world you can't use it in walking areas, pavement, or city cores.

Then technology advances, and some Chinese asshole ignores all the patents and makes a working hoverboard. God bless his Chinese soul for that.
Here is the thing: Segway is too large. A small under feet board is about the right size of urban areas.
And since it moves twice your walking speed with little effort, it looks sorta neat.

But why did I mention the Segway? Well, because in most of the world, the miniboard will follow Segway regulations.
And since Segway is no sidewalks, you can't use a miniboard unless the nation has taken effort to reregulate them.
Which is silly, because the good turn radius + low speed + no profile = blends in perfectly alongside pedestrians, unlike the monsterous huge thing that is... The Segway PT

Only from being 4-30cm taller. Unless its one from OP's image, which is so stupidly large than it does stand out.

>some Chinese asshole ignores all the patents and makes a working hoverboard
Segway has hoverboard patents? Have they made one? And where's this working chink hoverboard you speak of?

The "hoverboard" he's referring to is the thing in his picture (basically a smaller Segway with no handles), not pic related.

I know

Then
>Segway has hoverboard patents?
As said, they're basically downsized Segways, they work the same way and use the same technology. The original Segway patents apply to it.
>Have they made one?
segway.com/products/consumer-lifestyle/minipro
>And where's this working chink hoverboard you speak of?
They were "invented" by the Chinese, almost all of them are made by Chinese companies.

I was asking about hoverboards, not segways without handlebars.

this child is a fucking genius.

>I was asking about hoverboards, not segways without handlebars.
You seem to be confused. Hoverboards are just the common name for Segways with no handlebars. They're both the same thing.

I'm well aware. I'm pointing out that the name is beyond retarded and that you should avoid using it at all costs. This is a hoverboard.

I agree, but that's just what people (retards) call it.

Cool, Gizmoduck was my favorite Ducktales character

Your mom is my preferred rideable.

Seems like a great way to break your face desu fampai

The mode of steering is different.

The fireboards are steered by tilting your ankles forwards & back.

If there's a vertical column, they're steered by leaning, and in effect, tilting the column left & right. These I think are much safer because your ankles are only used in a lateral motion, and the way it works, you don't even think you're using you're using them, rather you're just leaning your body.

The reason people tend to fall off of hoverboards is because they instinctively try to use their ankles to propel instead of leaning their entire body forward. And even when they do get adjusted to that, when they try to steer and make corrections, they instinctively fall back to using their ankles, get confused because they're trying to tilt their ankles to both steer and adjust speed, and the thing flies out from under their feet.

If there's a vertical column like the pic, the pads bump into your legs and remind you not to use your ankles. If you have a full column with handlebars, you practically can't use your ankles at all to propel.

>pic

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

Pussy

>Pretty sure a dude on a motorized unicycle would stand out in a crowd.
It's the lack of length that makes the difference to a scooter or skateboard, moving between pedestrians is easier when the vehicle length is the same as a person walking.

Segways have the opposite issue, the wheels extend to the sides beyond your feet so you will inevitably hit pedestrians legs or run over their feet. The unicycle also uses very similar mechanics to how you walk, once your brain becomes use to it your reflexes for running and walking apply. It's a weird sensation because it feels like it's controlled by your mind rather than skateboards and scooters where you have to think to use the throttle and brakes.

This. Electric skateboards are the shit. I won't say that other rideable designs are particularly bad, but god damn, the skateboard form factor is good.

Your crappy motorbike will be loud, and you'll have to find a place to park it. Also, it's likely to have mechanical trouble, and you need to pay for taxes/licensing/etc, which is never an issue with rideables.

Scheme by the Juden to make niggers more mobile

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of nigger shit with down syndrome.

I prefer my c5 over these new hoverboards

Autistic pussy