/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Alleged Sony XZ successor caught in live shots
gsmarena.com/alleged_sony_xz_successor_caught_in_live_shots-news-23309.php

Samsung Galaxy S8 to have 3,000mAh and 3,500mAh batteries
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8_to_have_3000mah_and_3500mah_batteries-news-23305.php

Huawei Honor V9 with 6GB RAM and dual camera setup to be officially unveiled on February 21
gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_v9_to_be_officially_unveiled_on_february_21-news-23297.php

Samsung Galaxy S8's Bixby virtual assistant rumored to support 7-8 languages
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8s_bixby_virtual_assistant_rumored_to_support_78_languages-news-23253.php

A brazilian user has a Moto G5 Plus; 5.2" screen, NFC and 12 MP camera
plus.google.com/114294696205537776971/posts/hsJY3qKchMY

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.ponos.battlecatsen&hl=en
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_prime-8263.php
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-4-pro
amazon.ca/Huawei-Honor-32GB-Storage-Gold/dp/B01N7B2ZXX/
amazon.ca/Xiaomi-Unlocked-Supports-Snapdragon-Fingerprint/dp/B01MA15T1A/
guidingtech.com/33996/mightytext-vs-pushbullet-vs-airdroid/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Haven't been keeping up with smartphones in years. Is there any reason to upgrade my OPO to something new?

If you're still happy with how it works then no

How's ZUI on the ZUK Z2?

Thoughts on the Meizu M5?

Anything better at this price?

I got AFWall
any tips and tricks or recommendations?
I feel like I can fuck up some services

for example I enabled google play store
but AZ Screen Recorder did not update and progress bar was just downloading
I disabled the firewall did the update and enabled it again

Please help

Honor 8

Honor 8

Xiaomi is 30 dollars more, 3gb ram 32gb storage

Don't, FlymeOS is a steaming pile of shit

What's wrong with it?

Something else

Huawei P9 Lite

My priority is non-chinkphones.
Only chinkphones if there's no alternative

All phones are chinkphones, you dumb motherfucker.

I don't see why that's an problem. Long as you buy it locally it'll have warranty and service just as a non-chinkphone.

what exactly do you think chink phone means?

in here it means xiaomi or lenovo phones
phones that you most likely cant get in your regular shop near you
phones that offer great value but might lack LTE and you need to order them from honk kong or wherever

Honor 8 is not a chink phone in that sense
its worldwide available and very good choice

seems you would call iphone and samsung S7 chink phones too

It's alright. standard Chinese iOS copycat. you can flash LOS or mokee though fairly easily.

A5 2017 or Huawei Nova.

It's pretty good 2bh, if you don't mind the lack of an app drawer.

is the honor 8 available in a good color

everyone knows what chinkphone refers to - don't be intentionally thick

Is galaxy note 5 worth it still? Looking for something at T-Mobile that will last a few years and takes good pictures. S7 is still too pricey.

oneplus 3t

I'm halfway through paying for a V10 but I want something else... So it's gotta be available at a T-Mobile store. Those look good though.

Thoughts on Xiaomi Redmi 4A? It fits perfectly into my budget, biggest pros and cons?

You can buy Mi4c for the same price and it's much better. (faster SoC, better camera etc).

Price of that phone is like super huge in my country.

Hello, 12 year old fellow!
The new Angry Birds Space™ got released, now with extra DLC to spend your parents' Shekel on, lil' goym!

It's $98 from fastcardtech

I took the picture from the web instead of screenshoting and posting
but I do play battle cats

Long time job see, Sup Forums.
Convince me to move away from iPhone. I love reliable hardware, good cameras - and the one thing that is keeping me from switching is Apple Watch for health and fitness tracking. What's the best alternative? The pixel meme? Is the grass truly greener?

stay with iphone if you are happy

If you cared about """"good cameras"""" you'd buy an a6300, fucking pleb.

>aps-c

hehe

>the current year
>shooting in full frame
Some of us don't like lugging a suitcase around to carry our gear.

htc 10, oneplus 3t or xperia xz? which of these is the least shit?

HTC 10.
Sony phones are always at the bottom.

Willing to try something else out. iP6 is starting to show signs of aging. Might be time to start thinking about this.

I do have a proper camera on me for when I go out specifically for photography, it's just nice having something generally above potato quality for less important photo needs.

Don't listen to the HTC shill.

XZT>>>>>Cholera>HTC 10

LG sent my phone back twice saying they replaced the defective LCD when they haven't. Should I make a big deal about it and threaten them with making a complaint with the BBB for a free upgrade or something or would that just be a waste of time?

I had to take off work two hours both times to sign for the package

Yeah don't be a cuck. and never give LG your money again.

do you guys play games in your phones

everything is shit

i just downloaded fallout shelter but im not looking forward to playing it

>update phone to 6.0.1
>insert USB flash drive
>dumb phone says unsupported USB device
>mfw it's FAT32

>Devices not supporting FAT32

Fuck, we're getting old

phones are great for emulators

this might be a silly question to ask but what phone is the most suited to emulate shit?

I've been playing the Fire Emblem cancer for the last few days since I like the series and have played every single game except the Marth Nes games. Went ahead and installed Windows on a new drive just for the sake of the nox emulator. I have 4 accounts with 2-3 five* on the back.. It's an ok gacha game, but I don't see it having a long future given how the only way to get orbs after finishing all of the chapters is to just log in every day or put out shekels. Worst part is that the former has a date limit as well.

Is the Pixel any good or should I wait for the pixel 2?

I've been playing Dandy Dungeon and it's the most fun I've ever had with a mobile game

>phones are great for emulators
The only way they're good is if they have a gamepad. I've been wanting something like the Switch controllers as a fit all to all phones for the longest time.

XCOM

people claim its good
I think its shit and even pixel 2 will be laughably ugly

i think phones are great for emulating handheld consoles

it does get messy for other consoles. is the gamepad in your pic fully fonctionnal?

I tried it out but the gameplay just feels so simple and repetitive, there's not much depth or strategy involved. It got boring quickly.

I love The Battle Cats
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.ponos.battlecatsen&hl=en

its extremely addictive and I played it every day for over 6 months
you are limited by energy that slowly recharges so you wont be going on 2 hour game sessions
but that keeps the game interesting, that you dont overeat on it fast

you get few units that you use to defend and destroy your base
and as you progress you get better and cooler cats while also getting harder and harder enemies

japs or whoever release it really mastered the balance of units, though its bit rich on anime bullshit occasionally

I managed to get all 120 stars in Super Mario 64 using just the touchscreen controls on my old Galaxy S1, and that phone only has a 4" screen.

Anyone do phone repairs?

How do you waterproofing a waterproof pone after doing a screen repair?

Got a Xperia phone that I wanna change the broken screen

Will a new adhesive sticker and b600 glue work? Or just forget about having water-resistance ever again?

1. Are G4s known for shit audio? Mine sounds distorted and if I use the speakerphone I have to turn it all the way up to hear a call in a normal room.

1a. Any chance they'd fix if this if I RMA'd it?

2. How big an issue is the Axon 7/Axon 7 Mini encryption problem and anyone know if the Blade V8 Pro has it?

Hmm, I sometimes play BBTAN or Reigns, if I'm bored in class with friends Evil Apples or Race Time.

I have a nexus 5 and I'm getting tired of worn-out hardware issues. I need suggestions on what to upgrade to.

What I want:
Unlocked GSM
Long battery life
1080p display
SD card slot
Cheaper is better

Thoughts?

What apps should I put on my Galaxy Note 4 (rooted, and exynos if it matters) if I want to max out its battery life?

I already have Greenify, and xposed with that, Amplify, and Appopsxposed. (I prefer it to M's app permission system) No facebook or other battery-hogging apps, and I gutted the system apps and removed just about everything I could get without putting the functionality I want in jeopardy.

>is the gamepad in your pic fully fonctionnal?
Yes? I just plug it in with USB.

Do you hate your fingers? Having no feedback really messes me up.

Undervolt your cpu

How far did you get? I can agree, but there is some strategy involved when everything can kill you in one round. The arena is still quite fun even with the current meta.

xiaomi redmi 4 pro

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_prime-8263.php
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-4-pro

Thanks

When does the next google phone come out?

October 2017.

I'm looking for an unlocked phone for $400 CAD, planning to use it with Bell, anyone have suggestions? This is going to be my first smartphone so I don't really know what to go for.

amazon.ca/Huawei-Honor-32GB-Storage-Gold/dp/B01N7B2ZXX/

gold phones are pretty ugly

amazon.ca/Xiaomi-Unlocked-Supports-Snapdragon-Fingerprint/dp/B01MA15T1A/

Convince me not to get a Pixel, Sup Forums

just bought an op3t to replace my iPhone 7 plus. did I do good?

what's the general consensus on nougat?

that's pretty nice, but i've heard the screen can scratch/crack easily

I have every product that apple makes as well as an iphone 7 plus

i won a 6p in a contest. should i sell my 7 plus and apple watch and just use the 6p? i'd make about $1100 but man am i plugged into imessage

fucking imessage's claws man. i wish google would make something that would compete with it better

any experiences with pushbullet? seems like that might do the job

I just switched to Android from a 6. iMessage is great, but anyone that refuses to talk to you without it isn't really your friend.

what's wrong with fucking whatsapp

oh it doesn't have anything to do with people not talking to me, it's that i really like the convinience of replying to conversations from my computer that I started on my phone (and vice versa)

i've had a lot of phones, pic related

i don't know a single person that uses whatapp, i'm american and not under age 18

mightytext for Android does the same thing

looks like pushbullet, cool. i'll compare guidingtech.com/33996/mightytext-vs-pushbullet-vs-airdroid/

Moto Z Play?

Hi, /spg/. I want to buy a new phone. I'm willing to pay like $300 (€280) or so, but that's flexible if I can get a phone with a good price/value ratio. I'm in Ireland, and my carrier will most likely be Three UK

I'd like a phone with decent storage (my last phone had just 8GB and that sucked). I'd like something esthetically pleasing, and good sound quality would be a plus. I'm a big guy so a big phone probably wouldn't pose a problem. Other than that I'd just like to get good specs for the price.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds to this.

redmi note 3 pro

im glad i live in a country where somehow everybody reached a consensus and every single person with a smartphone uses whatsapp

congratulations, you're stuck in a favela

Do you not know how to read? The entire fucking country

And we're all white btw

>replace iPhone 7 Plus
>a barely 4 month old phone
>replace
How often do you go through phones?

keep telling urself that huehuehuehue

im argentinian you dumbass

you share a border with brazil, you south americans are all the same

applefags, everyone

Argentinians are not white

don't fall for that shit

id be pissed as hell

Just bought a Blade V8 Pro with the free Nakamichi headphones for $210. How fucked am I?

Zuk Z2 Pro
Mi5s
RN3P
Moto G4+.

>Moto X Style 7.0 update delayed until may

What the FUCK MOTOROLA, NONE OF THE 7.0 CUSTOM ROMS WORK RIGHT BECAUSE OF THE GALLERY

FUCK LENOVO

LENOVO IS PIG

what are the best phones for Verizon?