Friendly reminder that iPhones and MacBooks are easier to repair than most Android phones and Windows PCs

Friendly reminder that iPhones and MacBooks are easier to repair than most Android phones and Windows PCs.

Try and debate me
>pro tip: you cant

>BONUS POINTS
have you ever repaired a smartphone or laptop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hIs6vLdHHKI&t
youtube.com/watch?v=IZU9U72OU5s
youtube.com/watch?v=SyP_cEpp2Zo
youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup
youtube.com/watch?v=e743HCkxfks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>closed systems are easier to repare than a mixed bag of garbage put together by an incompetent user

thanks OP

buying a new one is not repairing

I'm talking about hardware repair/replacement, fuck-o

iPhone? yes
MacBook? the current ones? hell no

This. Apple mobile stuff is easy enough to fix, but current macbooks/mac pros/imacs are completely fucked in terms of serviceability.

iPhone 7:
youtube.com/watch?v=hIs6vLdHHKI&t

S7 Edge
youtube.com/watch?v=IZU9U72OU5s

>S7 Edge
I don't think that's the only android phone out there... taking it as a reference in a comparison vs iphones doesn't work
most android phones are far easier to disassemble than the s7. all iphones, otoh, are well known for being difficult and risky to disassemble

yep, G5 is easy as fuck to fix
youtube.com/watch?v=SyP_cEpp2Zo

>have you ever repaired a laptop
ASUS q302la, replaced the screen and lid

no instructions ez pz

>comparing to a curved meme screen waterproof phone
yeah nice try icuck.

>macbook
>easy to repair
Nigga you are high

>easier to repair
>replacing a broken home button bricks the device intentionally (error code 53)

Have fun getting jewed.

easier to repair, or just better third party documentation and spare parts due to the mostly singular product model Apple has?

>Replacement
>Mac

Lolololololololololololol

>MacBooks
>easier to repair than other laptops

>replacing a broken home button bricks the device intentionally
Of couse it does retard or else anyone would be able to break into any phone

tell this guy:
youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup

>hardware replacement
>anything made by applel

there are windows tablets with more upgrade-able parts than applel computers

like how ? it's just the scanner it does not store or decide what happens with the scanned fingerprint.
also there are codes too.

Easier to repair. At least for the iPhone. Galaxy screens are literally glued in and have to be removed in order to repair anything on the phone. IPhones allow access with two screws and a suction cup. Good luck getting a decently priced replacement screen on a galaxy too. A new screen for an s5, if you happen to crack the flimsy screen during disassembly, cost only a few dollars less than a fully functional, used s5.

>MacBooks

Oh yes, because dealing with motherboard soldered RAM or batteries glued to the base betters using a SODIMM stick or a battery that pops out with 2 clips.

>soldered ssd,ram,cpu,battery;

>easy

>macbook
>easier to repair
kek

>Friendly reminder that iPhones and MacBooks are easier to repair than most Android phones and Windows PCs.
Applel has been slowly reducing the amount of documentation made public about their hardware, especially Macbook motherboards. You can see it over time in the Louis Rossmann
videos.

How do you swap any component in your macbook? Easily: you dont

>Try and debate me
>>pro tip: you cant
Whenever you see this, know that whatever OP says is complete bullshit

>RAM soldered to mobo
>SSD soldered to mobo
>easy to repair
fuck off

You're probably right because there are shit loads of leaked schematics and a fewer number of product lines.

However, iPhones and MacBooks fuck up more often than most Android phones and Windows PCs, so even if the repair is easier you're more likely to have to do it more often.

>IPhones allow access with two screws and a suction cup.
Wrong. You can't suction cup the screen off anymore. For example
youtube.com/watch?v=e743HCkxfks

A mi me gusta la de Chabelo y Pepito contra los monos blancos del espacio

yes you should always replace your mac with pc

>iPhones and MacBooks fuck up more often than most Android phones and Windows PCs

Not only was this pulled out of your ass your comparison doesn't even make sense in the first place. There's only one Apple product manufacturer. There's hundreds of Android manufacturers. Ditto for PC but then it gets even worse as you can put together a PC out of parts from many different companies. Shitpost through and through.

I thought we were excluding custom built PCs as it would make no real sense to include them.
Anyway, as far as Apple goes almost every single one of their products suffers from some shitty hardware defect from tantalum capacitors to touch disease to shitty sealing on home buttons allowing moisture to get in and fuck them.

It's made even worse by how few devices they have yet they still manage to fuck everything up.

your mom is easier.

A bunch of iPhone shit is held in by glue too, and you can tear ribbon cables just by pulling up the screen. I damaged a finger print sensor on an iPhone 5s pulling up the screen and then fucked the battery to death trying to remove all the glue holding it in. It was easier to work on my Nokia n900 and droid 4.

If you go through iFixit's website and look at repair scores and ease of fixing devices, Android - by nature of having vastly more devices - is easier to repair.

At least no Android device has ever had some proprietary fucking custom made screw slots aka Pentalobe that Apple invented just to piss off phone repair shops worldwide and get even more fucking money by licensing THE FUCKING SCREWDRIVER DESIGN to companies that wanted to make them for repair shops.

So OP, fuck you. Deep, hard, in the ass multiple times, with a frozen hockey stick.

>everything is soldered, glued and voids warranty at the slightest touch
>easy
LMAO.

I've done both and Android phones are easier while laptops just depend on the model they're also generally easier to fix, now fuck off.