2000 + 19 - 3 + 76 - 93 + 17 + 1

>2000 + 19 - 3 + 76 - 93 + 17 + 1
>Not dualbooting Windows and your distro of choice.
ISHYGDDT

nobody dual boots anymore, grandpa

>2017
>not using secure boot and bitlocker to protect your files from criminals

>dual booting
>not just using a VM with gpu passthrough

Why tf would i dual boot on my home pc. If i wanted to program i would do it in a vm

Why? All I do is shitpost, watch youtube videos, and play video games on my computer. I have a windows desktop for gaming, and a chromebook for the other two. I gain nothing by installing linux on my desktop, I'd never use it, and Windows wouldn't give me much reason to boot into it on my chromebook.

I dual boot Arch and MacOS on my Thinkpad

so are you going to be at work tomorrow morning Matias?

>dual booting
>not confining Windows to a VM

>falling for the linux meme
>dualbooting isntead of VM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This. OP is a retard or AMD fag.

>dual booting in 2017
Is this what people did before hypervisors and virtual machines? What a joke.

but I'm already doing that , user (ubuntu for tensorflow)

how can you use tensorflow in a VM? keep in mind that CUDA dosent work on virtual GPU

Is dual booting actually pointless? I wanted to try out Linux and just spent hours yesterday setting everything up because of the partitions and trying to get it to work with Veracrypt.

You can? are you a retard and trying to use Hyper-V? You know that Nvidia specifically supports GPU pass through for distributed environments.

I can't believe the shitters on Sup Forums now seriously >>/reddit/

Run tensorflow on GNU/Linux

> GPU pass through
> AMDfag

Remind me which major graphics card manufacturer purposefully cripples virtualization/pass through support on their consumer drivers? Hint: Not AMD.

i have two computers

>dual booting
are you stuck in 2004 ?

AMD has sufficient vt-d support to my knowledge.

You use a hardware GPU.

Dual booting is pretty much pointless if you can virtualize things. Not all hardware can, though.

Fucking this.
GTX 970 is the only part in my system I regret getting.

you do know that it was intel who jewed people on IOMMU with most of their CPUs ?

Quality post. If money is a problem and/or no need for windows then just use linux. If at work..then it's usually their problem. If you own your own business then use linux.

>dual booting
>2017

Just stop, user.

This is 2017, pci passthrough is where it is at

Between browser "web apps" and the plethora of things I can do on Android now, I don't see the need to dualboot Windows at all. Not begrudging those who have to but personally everything I need is available while keeping my devices mono-boot.

But you need an extra graphics card because any nearly worthwhile AMD CPU won't have an iGPU unlike all modern Intel chips.

don't all modern AMD CPUs have iGPU?

>purposefully cripples virtualization/pass through
holy shit this FUD

I would do this if my """""top of the line"""" CPU had fucking vtd.