>updates software
>everything breaks

This is Linux everyone.

>get free t520 from work
>put ssd from my old x200t that has debian on it to new t520
>IT JUST WERKS

And then he updated.

And everything broke.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>GNOME

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Nobody cares. It's like Kleenex or Jacuzzi or fucking McNugget. It's technically incorrect, but it's just what everyone calls the damn thing. Get over it.

>This is Arch, everyone
FTFY

that's why i just reinstall my linux distros every time a huge update comes
goddamn, if i didn't need this crappy operating system i would never use it

linux is pretty shit

the worst is the lack of good tools for network and malware monitoring and response, Windows is light years ahead

>This is Hackintoshing everyone

FTFY

What you're referring to as McNugget is in fact Mc/Nugget, or, as I have recently taken to calling it, Mc + Nugget.

OP here. The only thing I'll give it is the continued support of PowerPC, and it's shockingly good ram management on default apps.

But fuck me it's a nuisance when things go wrong.

Linux is just trash and I wish it wasn't. You can even setup dual monitors without it sperging out.

You must be retarded, I have a triple monitor setup and have had absolutely no issues, so yes you can setup dual monitor, as well as triple without it "sperging out", maybe learn a little bit about tech and then speak on it.

T H I S
H
I
S

>fall Arch meme
Are you underaged?

The shit with the driver dates seems to hit MS really hard!? Or is there a better explaination for this level of shilling.

lol what netbook is that? did you buy it off the front counter at CVS?

I got it for NZD$13 from TradeMe.

let me guess, you run arch or some similar unstable shit ?

I tried to use Xubuntu. It was using Windows 7 Pro before.

Lubuntu is running ok enough.

> it's a nuisance when things go wrong.
Nothing will go wrong if you only use standard user privileges.

>Atom cpu

bending over and spreading for the CIA with that nigger processor, cuck

What?

topkek

never had issues with linux "breaking" other than the early days of trial and error..some people should just stick to windows.

wasn't it windows that had errors across the globe with its forced windows 10 upgrade?

I honestly have no clue how people can fuck up things with only an update. I use Arch with a decent amount of packages, and I have encountered conflicts when updating once after running it for 2 years.