ITT: Tech made for only the Japanese market

ITT: Tech made for only the Japanese market

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9C8y-rGOpKs
youtube.com/watch?v=PtHugtXVWlI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw $1600 laptop + 10% import fee + outrageous shipping
I'm still tempted to pick one up

What's that button with the Windows logo on it at the top?

Here's a higher res photo (one gen older but I believe the keyboard's the same)

Looks like the display rotates around to become a tablet, Winkey is for tablet mode

I've wanted one of these fuckers for years, they never come to mind when I go through a spurt of impulse buys though

I was so jelly of the japs and their panasonic gamecube back in the early 2000s

Also, the phone in Enter the Void

youtube.com/watch?v=9C8y-rGOpKs

Is that a rice cooker?

I feel you

My (Japanese) uni uses a cheaper version of those. It is silver and has a disc drive under the palm rest.

Literally worst laptop I have ever used in my life.

What model and what are your gripes?

I almost picked one of these up the other day.

Decided not to since fuck the PS1.

year2003
740g
11mm thin if not including battery
Proprietary dongle for VGA+Ethernet
$4000
Apple B T F O

>Decided not to since fuck the PS1
That's a PlayStation 2 DVR

I am not 100% sure of the model, but it is definately lower end. They are about a semester old. I admit, they are solidly buily, and look cool as fuck with the straight industrial design.

I am a TA, so I come in and prepare the projector and stuff for the Professor everyday. There is only a 10 minute break between classes, so it all has to be ready in that time.

It takes longer than 10 minutes to boot and get to the desktop. The most intensive thing we use them with is youtube (donscaled to like 480p to come out a projector) and it still chugs like a little bitch trying to play them.

It aldo has one of the worse keyboards I have ever used. FN is where control should be, and a whole bunch of other little shit like that which makes it a chore to type on.

The sad thing is that these are a major improvement on our older computers.

I'd be looking at NEC or Sony before one of those Panasonics.

Clover says you shouldn't

COURAGE

Sony makes some crazy gimmicky shit for the Japan market, but it is all so damn cool.

>NEC or Sony
Do either of them have 10" laptop convertibles?

Sony has an 11 inch I think, but they just refreshed their line with this like ruggedized 13 inch, so it may have changed.

I don't remember about NEC.

Let's make mamachari even heavier

youtube.com/watch?v=PtHugtXVWlI

same thought f.am

I just realized that PassuCom is Personal Computer, PC.

That's cute mouse.

I like the idea but a single slot is going to be a bit tight.

I get that it's a sex toy, but what's that bulk holding it together supposed to be?

It's supposed to be a full-width internal 5.25" drive. Which seems like an uncomfortable idea even for the 90's.

It's so you can put it in a 5.25" bay

is it some kind of hole warmor or an actual toy?

It was actually kinda shit. The DVD player couldn't output through component video, so you'd need two sets of video cables connected to your tv, but it still cost more than a Gamecube and DVD player purchased separately.

I want to Note with Panasonic-chan

wtf I love mousu now

Does it accumulate gunk like this one?

looks like a teledildonics device (no, i did not make up that word)
you'll notice in the text it mentions UDP, suggesting they can communicated over a network/the internet
the idea is that the ponos goes in one end, and the other device responds by inserting into the vagoo in sync

No, they also accept orders from other countries.

IIRC these controllers are also by Buffalo, creators of those USB Famicom and Super Famicom controllers which are really popular on .

they all do, human fingers are gros

A thread on /vr/ came up with psx naming controversy recently.

Yeah, saw that too.

How dumb

Yes.

But the bearings suck a whole bag of dicks to begin with, so it doesn't really change anything.

It has actual bearings? This one just has nubs.

No MSX?

I know, but it's really primarily made for the Japanese market, the manual is only in Japanese for example.

The MK1 had nubs.

The revision replaced the nubs with little red bearings.

They were somehow worse.

was a millisecond from posting this,

what I'd for one with updated specs but following the same design language as sony's ones

closest thing to a cyberdeck ever made

Everything you said is due to the poor configuration (an ssd, 4gb of ram and an i5 would make them fly) and about the keyboard fn and Ctrl are already swapped on every thinkpad since ever, how good are the buttons?

>an ssd, 4gb of ram and an i5 would make them fly

That is what they had.

>how good are the buttons?

Passable. Not good or anything, but not cheap rubber dome bad.

>this is what they had
>ssd
>i5
>4gb ram
>10 minutes to start YouTube
>chugs
No way, a first generation C2D with 2gb of ram and an old broken 120gb HDD with a life of toolbar installed by a 15yo girl behave like you said, not a brand new i5 with an ssd.
Unless there are serious problems with the software but that's yours and your university's fault.

>Unless there are serious problems with the software but that's yours and your university's fault.

That is probably what it was to be honest.

My university can't even make wifi work properly.

wow pretty cool actually

Don't blame the computer so :)

Sexy as fuck

Oh they're an actual idol group.
Also whoever made that render should be shot.

They have this in Europe as well. It's shit though.

I have one.

It is actually pretty awesome. Full manual controls through the app. Sure a touchscreen is less than ideal, but it is well worth it for the small size.

Carry a mirrorless if you plan to carry that thing, the point of a smartphone is that is the only single thing you always have with you

I can throw that in a bag and not worry about it.

My a7ii is way too big.

The F1XD really is beautiful

i used that for years
it just works

> My a7ii is way too big
For you

Except for when it stops working because the sensor gets blocked by gunk. Less wrist pain though.

I thought they said 'passport'

>Let's,daughter

Tfw, just read neuromancer.
Will forever store this image for remembering upon re-read.