Coffee Lake

Will coffee lake fuck Zen?

pcmag.com/news/351676/intel-coffee-lake-processors-arrive-2h17

30% performance gains over Skylake.

Other urls found in this thread:

mspoweruser.com/intel-promise-8th-generation-core-i7-chip-later-year/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Huh? Didn't kaby lake just come out? Is this a Sup Forums thread?

Kaby Lake was hilariously underwhelming, and Intel decided not to move onto the 10 nm process, so Coffee Lake was announced.

It doesn't matter. AMD won.

>Coffee Lake is 6c/12t
>still 14nm
>still 0 IPC improvement
MOAR COARZ! LUL INTEL AM I RIGHT GUISE?

>30% performance gains over Skylake.

Well yeah there's usually a 30% increase in throughput when moving from 4 to 6 cores in real life workloads.

Haha guys I don't understand what any of this actually means but it says 30% better haha Zens so fucked I can't wait to play my games better hah fuck yeah

Who else /readyfordisappointment/ here?

>6th gen 15% slower than 7th gen
>translates to Skylake being 15% slower than Kaby Lake

Isn't this just an outright lie? I hope they're talking about the GPU.

mspoweruser.com/intel-promise-8th-generation-core-i7-chip-later-year/

>The so-called Coffee Lake processors are expected to remain on the 14 nm spec but should still be more power efficient and come in 4 variants, Coffee Lake-U, Coffee Lake-X, Coffee Lake-S, Coffee Lake-H. The range is expected to include both dual-core and 4+2 and 6+2 core chips with the GT2 integrated graphics solution.

Haha hey guys me again I love buying the new fast stuff it really gets my engine going awww fuck yeah the new Nvidia GPUs shit all over AMDs rubbish get fucked AMD yeah!

Holy shit did you guys see the new cpus from intel they looks so fucking beast they can run up to 5GHz! Fucking beast!!!

>with the GT2 integrated
ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING.

I hoped Intel had enough sense to put L4 on them, because Broadwell at 3.2GHz with L4 was faster than Skylake clocked at 3.7GHz

But I guess L4 cuts into their precious 60% margins so enjoy your 1-2% IPC improvement

>50% increase in amount of cores
>30% increase in performance
That doesn't sound very impressive

>advancing moore's law
>without advancing node
lmao
intel is sad at this point

Because a 50% increase in cores will only net you 50% more performance in synthetic tests where the scheduler and branch predictor don't have any work to do and cache misses are non-existent.
This isn't how real life workloads work.

They are claiming only 15 percent increase over Kaby Lake, I bet they are going to drop clocks to Skylake levels again to fit into target TDP

>Sysmark scores
Sysmark includes GPU.

>Believing jewtel

Oi vey it's really an upgrade this time goys

What's with all the falseflagging from AMD friends?

They didn't improve GPU performance for shit from Skylake to Kaby Lake and still get 15% increase.

Yes they did, they moved the igpu up a tier. Intel HD 620 != 520. 620 = 530.

Clockspeed increase from both x86 and GPU counted together nets some 15% increase from Skylake, it's just marketing.
Intel isn't claiming 15% IPC, put 15% performance, and since Kaby lake is clocked higher both GPU and cores than the i7 Skylake, it's valid to a degree depending on the benchmark.
Of course to anyone with the slightest of knowledge of CPUs thinks they're full of shit.

Coffee Lake is 14nm and will be Desktop only. Cannon Lake is meant to be a simultaneous Mobile only series on 10nm.

Is Intel shitting out (((new))) processors every 6 months? It fucking feels like it.

I'm still sitting on an i5 2400 and have no real reason to upgrade except maybe Ryzen depending on price. It feels like Intel has pissed through 10 generations in the meantime without much improvement.

I don't think Coffee Lake will fuck Zen. The opposite is going to happen by the looks of things if Anandtech forum posts are to be believed. It takes awhile for Intel or even AMD to adapt if they're one upped. It's why Intel did everything they could illegally to prevent AMD from gaining market share. It was their only option until they could rebound with something not garbage. We'll see what happens this year with the first release of Zen. AMD obviously already has their own timeline not just Intel so assuming those numbers are true Zen and it's successors could be a great counter.

>what is amdahl's law
>t.didn't-go-to-college

Do you really think Kaby Lake was legitimately a 15% uplift over Skylake?
Please.

Its a pointless synthetic benchmark, Sysmark. Its actually concerning because another 15% uplift would show another quad core, not a six core chip. Coffee Lake is supposed to be 6c and have a huge Iris Pro IGP. That would have produce tremendously higher scores in intel's laughable synthetic bench suite, but that isn't showing. Its showing the same non existent uplift from Skylake to Kaby Lake.

>Didn't kaby lake just come out?
You do know that Intel comes out with a new line of processors every year, don't you?