>Core 2 Quad Q9550
>Sapphire R7 250
>120Gb SSD
All for roughly 160€/170US$. I usually play shit like HL2 and Portal 1/2
Should I give it a shot?

Other urls found in this thread:

delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, Source engine is easy as fuck to run on low tier hardware. Stick to Valve games at 1080p and you'll be fine.

Haggle it down to 150

I've seen i7-920s for that money on ebay.

Looks good.
Maybe get a 1T HDD for data, since that SSD will fill up quickly.

damn. We get sandy bridge optiplex for less in the US.

I already have a spare 500Gb WD Blue HDD, so I have no problems with that.
Yea, unfortunately here in Italy people still sell Q6600s for >50€

>Asus essentio
>i5 2300
>nop
>6Gb ram
>1T HDD

125€

pic related

I would never buy brand name PC.
Because when it's PSU dies, you will have to buy same PSU that costs 3x more than classic PSU.

no what the fuck is wrong with you.
get a better prebuilt for that price with an i5.

it is funny to see how LGA775 is still competitive

buy moded x5470 and clock it to 4+GHZ
enjoy battlefield 1 on medium with 30 - 42 fps in 2017

wow im suprised you are more 3rd world than plumberland

x5470 is LGA 771, not 775

not necessarily, especially if you are willing to jury-rig an ATX PSU to it.

you retard these psus are ubiquitous and can be had for pennies on ebay.

>Should I give it a shot?
No. Absolutely not. These boxes are just waiting to die, and probably will as soon it arrives. I purchased a 9020MT and the shitty USB2/3, network adapter, and the PCI lanes all refuse to work.

Of course I purchased a Haswell system and I regret even that. I also hate UEFI, Intel Microsoft vendor lock in faggotry and GNU + Linux.

Fuck you all.

delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/
you have to mod it

I got this same model, using it as a temporary plex server while i build a proper one. Mines is bitch to open the case, but other than that its reliable.

I have one X5470... that thing can OC to 4.3ghz with air cooling...

>Should I give it a shot?
What kind of warranty is the seller offering?

The Opitplex 7xx is a from a five year old office beater box line. There is a good chance this hardware has seen heavy use, been kicked around, been used as a footrest, etc. etc...

Grab a glass of water and sober up, man. Monday will come faster than you think.

fucking sucks dude
kill yourself

>The Opitplex 7xx is a from a five year old office beater box line. There is a good chance this hardware has seen heavy use, been kicked around, been used as a footrest, etc. etc...
Have you ever been inside an office? An office computer is almost 100% likely to have been used more gently and lightly than an user's shitposting cumwall.

Yeah, computers at Chase basically were used for browsing the internet, and their custom software, that's pretty much it, it's never been too hot due to the ventilation systems.

Q9550 is too old for games nowadays

You're better off building a cheap APU build, the R7 250 is shitty

Get a non slim optiplex so you can upgrade parts

Should be fine for your use

Yeah, souce shit will run great on it, though you could probably stick something like that together yourself
Cheapie stock optiplex, then get the quad and gpu

Depends on where it came from really
If it was in an industrial setting, prepare for the worst, those fuckers are on 24/7 and are never maintained

I use to have to do weekly cleanings and such for our optiplex 7010's in a cnc shop because of all the graphite dust, machine oil and coolant in the air
Shit gets not just dirty, but greasy

i got an optiplex 980 with a corei5 that was a security camera nigger for some business. 200 dollars with keyboard mouse and monitor

pretty good, but like other people said you can't really upgrade the small form factor. Case is too small for a real PSU. If I could get a real PSU in there I could put in a real graphics card

it's "green" 235 w. Perfect for ordinary computing though, just no gaymes