Speaker general

What speakers do you own, which do have the best sound in your opinion.
>pic related are mine

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/jbl-lsr305
youtu.be/-3wrOEP-aPc
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005F3H6Q8/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B005F3H6Q8&linkCode=as2&tag=thedaionl-21
noaudiophile.com/Behringer_Truth_B2031A/
ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/SRM2/srm2.html
szynalski.com/tone-generator/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Built in speakers in my imac. They're very loud and have decent bass. Better than my 2.1 I had for my gaming PC desu.

Been using these for like 8-9 years now since i could never actually afford good speakers. The potentiometer gives me slight problems. Also they started buzzing recently. I think their end is near.

What about Adam studio monitor? Overpriced?

not exactly overpriced, but there's a lot of reasons they went bankrupt twice in the last couple of years and most of their former R&D department bailed and founded EVE audio

I have some Audioengine A2+ hooked up to my desktop, they sound alright but I feel like I overpaid for them. I'm excited to try out the Pioneer SP-FS52s, SP-BS22s, and SP-C22 I bought for my new 5.1 home theater when I move at the end of the month.

and a Scarlett 2i2 interface

should i ditc the interface and just use RCA to 3.5mm directly to motherboard?
i don't do recording/inputs

If you don't like having a proper volume knob and a good headphone amp at the same time and prefer to adjust volume in your OS and to unplug your speakers every time you want to use headphones then yeah, ditch it

Do you recommend any other interface?
no inputs needed, just knob + leftright output xlr or rca
thanks

Symdex Audio floor standing. God-tier.

I have yet to see something that does the job for cheaper

HS8's are dope.

Adam A7x's.

Pic related.

Pic related with a BK Electronics Gemini 2 sub, very happy with my system. Don't plan on changing anything.

Neumann KH420

I own a set of Wharfedale Diamond 210s and really like them. They sound pretty nice and their design fits in nicely with the rest if my equipment.

Ooft, what music production do you do?
Other gear?

I'm a classical balance engineer for broadcast production mostly, freelancing shitty jobs there.
recently I do mastering more often, it's fun.
There's more gear, yeah. lots

I have some BIC America DV62 bookshelves, a DV32 center channel and an MB Quart home theater sub

Cool, enjoyable career path?

What mastering do you focus on? I'm in the market to possibly find a good engineer, although i make electronic music.

I'm hoping to get into the more enjoyable parts some time which would be less freelance, more fixed position or just an own business. At the moment it's just almost disguised employment, which the market is all about unfortunately.
The mastering I do is mostly for smallish classical and jazz/world music/whatever labels which require only slight tweaks and then more the PQ/DDP finishing and quality control aspects.
In terms of genres I worked with a lot of stuff, though

They are good? I want get JBL LSR308

As hyped as they are, jbl lsr series are a really amazing bang/buck

I'd highly recommend them. Incredible sound, very flat. Tad expensive, but i managed to score them both for $1300.

Any affordable desk speakers just for movies and a bit of music

massdrop.com/buy/jbl-lsr305

Save yourself some money unless you're trying to fill a large room.

Bad speakers

KRK rokits, REALLY bad speakers.

Audioengine? Fell for the shit speaker meme, enjoy your overpriced miccas (which, by the way, are also a shit speaker)

Fucking adam audio, falling for this meme.

good speakers! How do you like them?

Recent JBL speakers are sub-par, avoid.

Look into wharfedale

I like these because they make sound.

I bought a pair of Yamaha HS50M a looong time ago back when they were still in production.

Are they good reference monitors? I'm studying music and audio engineering (tonmeister) so I need really good reference monitors for mixing and mastering. Will these work fine for home use or are there better alternatives nowadays?

They're totally fine if you're just starting out, you'll get to know the limitations of working at home sooner or later, no matter what speaker system you use.
Where are you studying at? former Detmold tonmeister here.

I have me a pair of KEF Q100s I got on sale for black friday and a SVS PB-2000.

I want to get different speakers at some point but for now these are fine.

Logitech X-530

Great. Looks like I'll keep these for a long time, then.

Colombia, at pretty much the only school in Latin America that offers the major, and the best music faculty in the continent. One of my teachers is actually from Detmold. I'm planning to do a double with academic composition, too.

>putting big speakers right near your head

its like you niggas want to be using hearing aids by age 30

Nice. A colleague I studied with is from Bogota and started his studies there before he moved to Detmold, and he is really good.

wharfedales are a fucking meme

who /krix/ here

Guys, I'm searching for a speaker.
I produce, mix and dj so I need something that can pack a punch but also good quality.
I already have some Presonus monitors, which are pretty meh. Price range of the speaker could be up to $500

>size=dB

i got these and a sub

Micca MB42X bookshelf speakers, a 10" sub, and a Lepy amp are all you need.

youtu.be/-3wrOEP-aPc

>inb4 somebody says rotation of the speakers affects sound

It literally doesn't.

I'm using these right now.
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005F3H6Q8/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B005F3H6Q8&linkCode=as2&tag=thedaionl-21

Have no complaints. In fact the only ptoblem I've had is the frequency range is so good that when I'm making music I have to remember not to let the bass get so low it won't register on normal speakers. Remember playing a tune at my mates and wondering why the deepest notes in the bassline weren't coming out, realised it's because he has normal speakers instead of studio monitors.

What's the next logical step up from this thing?

I have a pair of KEF Q300

Anyone know about 300 dollars or less car speakers? I hold no knowledge about speakers in general so it would be great if I could get a suggestion to start looking

mah nigga

Logitech z323. A little static can be heard if I have volume all the way up but nothing playing but I only spent $30 to get them. Cheap looking as shit and I'm fine with them as long as they don't make my ears bleed.

Logitech Z213
The sure can give BASS for that price.

Magnat car speakers are pretty damn good.
Where i am from these are about 50€.
They even offer you a package with the needed adapters for your car.

Does anyone own Klipsch R15M? Or had listened to them? I always read these are the best speakers ever. But I have never seen them anywhere to buy.

noaudiophile.com/Behringer_Truth_B2031A/

Been using these fellers since 2004. Still working well after all these years

a couple of ELAC b6s. They're great. I'd recommend getting a subwoofer desu though. They bass they have is fine for neutral sound but if you want something warmer. it could use a boost

For ~$230 a pair, I'm otherwise completely satisfied

You guys got any good stereo receiver recommendations? New or vintage, doesn't matter to me.

Onkyo A-9010
It doesn't have a fancy display or anything like that but it's a solid entry level integrated receiver (don't be put off by entry level, especially with receivers you shouldn't get something higher end unless you 100% know you'll need that feature).

does it boil down to mismanagement?

What are best speakers for ~$100?

so I own a pair of yamaha hs7 for my computer and they are amazing. Now I'm searching for some equally great speakers for my TV. The KEF Q500 look great design wise, but I'm not sure if they sound good. I prefer flat sound like the yamahas

Are your rear surround speakers very quiet? I can't fathom why they're so inaudible. I have to have mine immediately behind me or to the sides, they're so quiet

>good speakers! How do you like them?
I like them very much, there's nothing I can really complain about as far as sound from bookshelf speakers go. They can't go too deep into the sub bass region of course, but a separate sub with appropriately set cutoff mixes very well with them.

Got those Edifier R1700BT on sale for 129€.
Bass is a little bloated but can be regulated down, looks and feels are nice, sound is good, positioning doesn't matter and they don't need an AMP.
Werks for me.

Got these for $50 off ebay.
Best purchase in a long while.

I just use my bass amplifier
It's not great

got anyone more input on those speakers. really thinking about buying them off amazon soon

Own a pair of Jamo S 606. pretty good

These are so fucking lovely. Nothing beats them for the money.

what this user said. the 305s are more than enough up to mid-sized rooms, especially if you're using them at your desk

I have R-15PM's and they are fabulous. The passive version is better because you can connect it to a real amp, not some class D shit. Very, very good.

In my mind they are a fucking disappoinment. I'm an audio sales man at work and I was so bummed when the KEF Q-series left our selection and we were left with ELAC B-series shit. Uninspiring, cheap and nasty.

These are the plebbiest speakers around, they sound garbage.

They are well received by Dutch reviewers in their price range for desktop speakers. The volume controls on the side and the remote means you don't NEED an audio interface or Dac to control the volume. Good budget purchase in the EU.

ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/SRM2/srm2.html

I considered buying these but changes last minute to the JBL305s. I was told they have horn tweeters and are not suitable for desktop usage. Do you have them on your desk?

just got these. B2031A

Good choice. Q Acoustics 3020 & 2020 have great sound for the money. Very clear with a big soundstage. They do need the sub though.

I want to see someone using B&W M1's with a sub as computer speakers, theyd look and sound sweet.

What do you want to know?

I just bought this one. Kinda good and loud as a small portable bluetooth package.

you can also try a portable bluetooth speaker instead that you can use inside your car and carry around.

Were my fav speakers when I still worked at Best Buy.

decent quality, got them for a really good price, easy to lug around, self-powered. would be nice to have an actual sub though

Which sub?

I have them too but I'm using my full range speakers from the seventies again because I missed the low end.

Rotation doesn't, but height does, place them on ear level.

What do you use for benchmarking audio quality of speakers? A song you know? Some software?

I have 2x Genelec 8030a. These are currently the only ones and I haven't found better ones. A bit pricey but excellent speakers.

Philips MFB speakers.

The one and only acceptable choice for low distortion at 30 Hz out of a 4 litre cabinet.

Fisher STV-881A/Pioneer SX-6/Behringer UCA222
r8/h8

I use this to check the frequency response and room acoustics,

szynalski.com/tone-generator/

They go to 30Hz? And I thought my vintage transmission lines were the only acceptable choice...

the polk audio psw10

With some tweaking, and of course not very loud. They have an accelerometer in the woofer, so they basically just compensate away the natural frequency response of the speaker by using negative feedback.

>all of the audio equipment but no central air
Some people have really strange priorities.

>enter speaker thread
>"Lol, my speakers sound fine, they are extremely good value for the money, they still work after all these years even though good speakers never just stop working or break"

if they are that close to you then why would you use them at full volume?

hey ffcossag, havent watched your videos in a while

I've got some of these paired with a Scarlett 2i2 audio interface. How would I wire in a sub?

You definitely should change that.

I saw your teardown of that fujitsu monitor and it seemed nearly identical to the dell monitor I own

But the panel on my Dell is starting to die and I need it replaced