Is arch linux a meme?

Is arch linux a meme?

I just installed it for the first time, and I feel like it's a waste of time.

Should I go back to Ubuntu now?

Mac OSX

name checks out.
That time isn't wasted unless you go back to ubangoo my man. You did get half an OS working on your own, try it for a month. I liked the arch base but there's just something comfier about apt

As you can see it won't work OOTB, which can help you to get used to the Unix learning curve. Ubuntu is fine too.

*macOS
your dumb
install macOS

My dumb?

Manjaro is the only Arch Linux distro you should use. Stock Arch is terrible.

Please consider suicide.
Go to anything that isn't Arch. It is a complete waste of time to anyone who isn't a pedophile ricer. If you want to really learn UNIX, use a BSD, straight LFS or Gentoo if you want package management.

Why did you install it if you don't want to use it? Why do you come here to complain about it?

>it's a waste of time

why? no controversy, i'm just curious

i was kinda ruined on arch by how autistically they made excuses for the installer being removed as "THE ARCH WAY"

i agree, arch anywhere is a good way to install it

>using systemd

nixos.

jesus christ yes.
Some people like arch because they want super bleeding edge non bloat distro.
That accounts for 1% of its userbase.
The rest are just manchildren who intentionally use software that is buggy because they want t prove how much of an epeen they have to other manchildren.

Do whatever you want. It's just one of the many flavors. At least you could install it unlike these other butthurt faggots ITT :^)

ubuntu cant load this fast (mby on some super cool m.2 ssd kabylake system )

yea but you cant install in uefi mode :(

But Debian (Stable or Unstable) can, so it's a waste of time.

op talked about arch and going back to ubuntu (not tebian stable or unstable)

but i might try debian unstable when i feel like reinstalling my laptop

Of course it's a meme. Everything is a meme.

it doesn't need to. Ubuntu is a functioning distro that doesn't need to be rebooted 30 times a day :^)

you talk like i never used ubuntu ... best of ubuntu is kde neon ( kubuntu buggy as fuck)

This.
Install Devuan.

Pretty much yeah.

>and I feel like it's a waste of time
then switch to something else. It's not a meme, it's just not for everyone, just like any other distro has its intended userbase.

Arch is a waste of time unless it's exactly what you need. You installed it without needing it, thus you've wasted your time. Just stay on Ubuntu, mint, zorin, manjaro, opensuse or whatever distros are easy to install and use on desktop.

>Go to anything that isn't Arch. It is a complete waste of time to anyone who isn't a pedophile ricer. If you want to really learn UNIX, use a BSD, straight LFS or Gentoo if you want package management.
^this^

MACOS when you get tires of filing around with cobbled together freeware that is linux, and being spied on by microsoft.

So glad i'm not poor.

never done an arch install without it
>muh follow the wiki
I just want a meme distro to try out and then wipe.
>trusting uefi to not nuke your hard drive.

stop posting baka

no u

>so glad I'm not poor
>macOS is free as in beer
???

Beer is free?

This is bait, right?
MacOS isn't free, not even as in beer.
If your thinking about hackintosh, no that doesn't count since this is against their terms.
This is like saying photoshop is free because you can easily pirate it.

>This is like saying photoshop is free because you can easily pirate it.
fair enough
kek

just use macOS, you wont want to kill your whole family as much

Keep trying. Eventually you will be able to install Arch Linux.

>software that is buggy
It's not buggy, retard. Arch ships upstream packages with default settings. Your Debian or Ubuntu is probably buggier than Arch. The problem with Arch is, nobody listens to the warnings they are given about messing with certain things, then they cry when it breaks.Yaourt and Infinality users are amongst the worst offenders.

Back when I first used arch, the graphical installer was broken. But this was back when arch was still changing library placement and such, so it broke semi often. Eventually they did away with the graphical installer and I learned the cli install. I think a graphical installation might work now as standard, but they may have been justified removing it back then. Didnt know they made an excuse for it though.

excellent pic. arch is for homos

In the future, arch will only still not have an installer, it will have a local test software that unlocks the rest of the contents of the filesystem. They'll call this something indirect like "arch field deployment" but it's just so that less people use it