Walk into my university Starbucks...

Walk into my university Starbucks. Half the inhabitants are cucks with Macbooks on their laps or on the table in front of them just typing away on some nonsense. Why do they all spend so much on a useless device Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compass_Group
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you can avoid this by not walking into starbucks

They think apple is american
They think apple products are cool (or somehow essential)

>Walk into my university Starbucks
What a faggot

>university Starbucks
what?

>university Starbucks
wow... that can be real

But user
>muh cold brew
You guys don't have these? Nearly every campus has a Starbucks on it

>mixing corporate/consumption/sponsorship and education

Fucking America. If you drink 100 coffees, do you get credit towards your degree for that?

Holy shit haha the projections ITT are unreal. What's wrong NEETs, are mommy and daddy getting fed up with you all not furthering your education?

There are at least 4 Starbucks locations on campus at FSU.

>walk into gay bar for a beer
>why are all these homosexuals here?

Well they would try and do some actual work, but then their Macbooks would catch on fire.

Yeah faggot. I was there with my macbook pro™ with retina display™. Are you that creepy looking fat neck beard looser with a heavy ass thinkpad with GNU slash Linux?
You were so butthurt that you had to come here to vent? Not bad.

>There is a demand for coffee in an area
>Starbucks recognizes this and sets up shop
>People are happy as a result
God I hate America so much

>typing away on some nonsense
>all spend so much on a useless device
Do I have to remind you that you're typing on a cambodian ladybody appreciation forum infamously known for being the shithole of the normie internet and full of all syndromes known to man?

>walk into cafeteria in CS building
>mostly thinkpads, some consumer laptops

What of it? It's not unnatural to drink coffee...

This is the same in my CS building as well I don't expect any less

>university Starbucks

I bought a 5k iMac and it is pretty nice. A dell 5k monitor costs 3000 dollars. I essentially got the computer for free and paid 500 less for the display.

It aint just Starbucks. Hell mine when I went to college had a Chick-Fil-A, Wendy's and others. What really sucks though is the pricing is always higher than a normal store because of 3rd party companies controlling all of it like Chartwells, which is part of some British company called Compass group. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compass_Group
Seriously a ripoff

Until the internals die or become obsolete then you just have a useless panel. I have monitors I've used for over 10 years that are still perfectly fine and in use, I definitely wouldn't want the panel integrated into something filled with laptop hardware.

What is the source of this image?

an ugly bitch that (un)dress as anime

It has a desktop skylake i5 6500 in it. Laptop graphics though. Since I only play non-demanding games I'm not too worried. I figure it will last me 5 years, I hope. Civ 6 runs great on it and I can play league of legends at 4k at 100+ fps at very high settings.

I only bought it because apple gave me a gift card instead of refunding me cash. I would have built a PC for half the cost otherwise.

Don't buy with cash at the apple store, they don't keep enough cash around if you refund something.

Her name is Lana Rain

How is that surprising? If it's not a Starbucks, colleges tend to have your region's chain coffee store in there.

Americuck Universities are a joke. Some of them even force their freshman students to purchase meal plans that include "free" credits to Starbucks and other corporate food places around campus.

>University Starbucks
You do realize you're walking into SJW hell, right?

To be honest, while I would never waste money on a Macbook it does allow you to browse the internet and write an essay or report. It is not useless in that regard. Due to marketing, they'll never know that a $200 used laptop or $200 new chromebook would do the exact same thing. It's also a status thing.

Thanks for the image

I hate Macs as much as the next Sup Forumsuy, but come on dude. Who cares? Let the ignorant be ignorant. They allow you to be autistic.

>You guys don't have these?
>Assuming everybody on the internet is American

I'm from the UK and we have Starbucks in our little college.

t. butthurt turd worlders

Dude I fucking hate this. Meal plans are exorbitant and unnecessary as fuck yet my university forces us to purchase unless your dorm building is one of the few cooking ones with a kitchen on every floor. Costs a good 2k extra, and you get about 600 less meal points than you pay for due to bullshit fees they charge

Mmmmmnah I was just in line and noticed all you faggots there doing nothing productive or of actual worth on your Facebook machines. My laptop costs around the same or more than some Macbooks but it actually fucking performs

That's not the assumption. Every university campus I have seen has had one, in multiple countries even outside of US/Canada, seeing as it is an international chain

Let me say this, i used to hate on mac shit for decades. Then one day i caved and bought one (2013 mbp retina). These things have the best trackpad i've ever used (the new force touch one sucks a fat one though). The OS is rock solid if you dont mind not having complete control of everything, but overall is does the whole "just works" shit. Built in encryption doesn't impact the performance all that much either.

So for school shit, browsing the web, editing, etc its perfect. Especially if you dont want some ugly ass thinkpad. And there is a fit n finish to these products that windows laptops have not have for many many years (they have caught up and the Surface devices are fucking superior in every way)

Now i personally think the design for heat management is total shit. This fucker gets hot under the slightest bit of load even with the whole thing acting as one major heatsink. Because of this bootcamp is out of the question.

But now im looking to replace my mbp for a "gaming" laptop for light gaming on the go. It just sad that i cant find any laptops that look as nice as the mbp without all the gayass gayming garbage plastered all over it. The razor blade for example would be perfect if it wasnt for the ugly ass logo on the back of it.

>complaining about free food that's already included in the education fee
Are you literally retarded?

You don't fucking get it. You're forced to pay for fake money that you can buy food with. If you don't live on campus then it's not required though. You could use your credit card or real money and you'd be paying less than if you bought a meal plan through the school because all the meal plans have a ~$600 surcharge they call an operation fee. I pay about 2k for $1,450 in "dining dollars.".

This is all usually because of 3rd parties as I said in It's as much a problem as text book extortion.

Textbook extortion isn't as bad because I can find free pdfs of nearly everything or buy it 2nd hand off kids who've taken the course already and then I just resell it after as well. I've only had to buy access codes sometimes for online problem set type of shit. But yeah meal plans are cancer

Where are you at son? I was in the middle of nowhere west midlands, and my shitty little sixth form college had a Starbucks in it as well.

>getting this mad
serves you right, starcucks faggot.

I hope that's yearly?

>please buy the activation code for mymathlab in order to submit homeworks
>all assignments will be turned in over mymathlab
>paying $150 to submit homework in a class you already paid for.

Per semester...

sheeet
you can buy all the soylent you need for a year for under 2k

how limited are these (((coupons)))? could you buy oatmeal and fruit with it or are you forced to eat double quarterpounders with cheese and a coca cola?

>if it wasnt for the ugly ass logo on the back of it.
Why not cover said logo with a mural or artistic design of your choice?

They sell cold coffee at McDonalds

>going to a cuckbux

/thread

I mean that's kind of obvious, you can't eat for a year with just that much.
But yeah you can buy anything you want, not everything is unhealthy, plenty of fruit and veggie options. Although the healthier options do close earlier and the cheeseburgers and shit are usually available into the later hours.

Yeah but
1. I don't like their coffee as much not that sbux is godtier or anything.
2. There isn't one on campus, it's a decent driving distance away
3. There's an enclave of cute Korean girls always at sbux

>Macbooks on their laps
console yourself with the knowledge they will go sterile

Given the choice between a Mac and Windows 10, the Mac is the better choice.

>Walking into a Starbucks in the first place

kys yourself fagoot