Programming reactions

>the face you make when you finally found the memory leak, placed the free function in the right place and the code compiles without an error

So basically you were unbelievably shit at manual memory management and should really be using a garbage collected language because you don't know what the fuck you're doing.

It's incredibly easy user. I don't see how you fuck it up.

>i don't understand how someone can screw up at managing memory while i can do it fine in my fizzbuzz, UGH

If you 'placed the free function' somewhere you're clearly way off.

Malloc is not a good management system.

>the face Sup Forums makes when someone feels the need to congratulate themselves so desperately they post on an anonymous image board fishing for compliments

>that face when someone is so entitled he has to post his face
You are nothing but a virgin neckbeard.

>the face when you think not freeing dynamically allocated resources is a compile time error

>tfw my code segfaulted when run normally, but worked fine when I ran it with valgrind and gdb, with no leaks, nothing.

I still didn't find the error. Oh well, I lost the source anyway, so who cares.

>I lost the source anyway

Sounds like UB to me, just needed to run a bunch of times with gdb and/or valgrind.

>taking over project
>all comments in mix of Cyrillic and broken English
>some variables names too

Well, it was broken, so I didn't upload it to GitHub or whatever, and it was lost when I nuked my disk.

I ran it like 50 times on valgrind before I gave up. It was a game, and running it on valgrind made it slow down so much it was unplayable. My computer at the time was a Pentium D also, so there's that.

This

no compiler would refuse to compile a memory leak

>code compiles flawlessly
>application passes acceptance tests on sample data run without any issue
>put application in real use

>code compiles without an error
how is that an achievement when you're debugging a memory leak?

printf debugging is probably the only thing that could save you there.
Unless you like looking at core dumps.

kek

t. python "programmer"

>mfw it works perfectly the first time
>mfw this is the only programming feel I have, the rest is shit
>mfw I have no face

retweet

I found that when run through the debugger my variables were initialized to 0 and null. When ran without debugger they were not. Caused frustration tracking down an error with a union used to hold memory addresses and integers as the debugger set the integers to 0 but live running allowed them to be junk data because 64 bit non initialized. Also, don't program high.

>after enabling a dozen type system extensions, you convince GHC that your code is valid
>realize it's probably a GHC bug and your program shouldn't be accepted

Your compiler should warning you about using variables before they were initialized. If your program compiles with warnings, it is probably incorrect.

>the face you make when valgrind tells you your "fix" is fucking atrocious and made everything worse